Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 06:58 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is so much nonsense. You cannot even describe the characteristics of this Spirit you claim to follow so how do you know what kind of Spirit it is??? You simply accept whatever comes into your mind as somehow from this Spirit and then read the Bible and create these elaborate spiritual bafflegab explanations to "support" whatever you THINK this unknown Spirit is somehow teaching you. It is almost a Greek tragedy.

Did you bother to read the part in there about how the SPIRIT will teach you? Of did that hit your snip pile too? Just because you didn't have the faith to believe it, don't fault me for it. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 09-13-2016 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Chip Brogden ring a bell ?

No, not at all. However I did say I'm not the only one He's shown these things to, so I'm not surprised. Peace

Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are simply one of many hypocrites claiming to be christian. Over and over you kept telling me not to take the ideas of men. And you hinted that all your knowledge is direct from the Bible. Now we know you lied because I showed where all you have claimed was presented by a "man."

What you should be is ashamed of yourself. But you are not because your life is ruled, not by the God of love, but by your hubris.

You may BS yourself, but the rest of us know that your talk of Jeeeeessssuuuuussss is but just that--talk.

As a hint about the kind of church that exhibits God in His totality I offer from the back of today's Sunday bulletin of the little United Methodist Church that I sometimes attend:

The pastor just graduated from Asbury Seminary and has no problem with seeing God speak through the culture of each time period that He oversees, although he is quite conservative in his doctrinal approaches compared to me.

No one is a special snowflake at that little church of about 30-35 members (I am not a member, as the UM Conference still has prejudicial language in their guides with regard to how it treats homosexuals). We do have one family that have an adult homosexual son. He is as welcome as anyone. No one lords it over another with their special "I'm in the inner court" garbage. That is so anti-Jesus it is hard to express.

But here is another verse of Scripture that you ignore in order to uphold your "specialness" with your god:
Mark 9:34-35
Luke 22:26

So lord it over us with that "special" knowledge. I'll walk around in the outer court and be satisfied being servant to those you wouldn't trouble to be concerned with. It is there where the people God loves do walk. The Pharisees were the ones looking to sit at the head of the table.

Selah!

Again, you're the liar. As I said, I was probably teaching this before this guy ever even came to the Lord, 30 years ago. I also said I wasn't the only one He showed these things to, but that went right over your head, apparently. It really galls your misogynistic flesh He taught a woman, doesn't it? Otherwise it shouldn't matter who was taught first. But your flesh is so determined to tear down that which you know not of, nothing matters to it but keeping as many as it can as blinded as it is. Peace

Old 09-13-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi has always maintained (correct me if I'm wrong, Rbbi) that the revelations she has received are not particular to her alone, and that others have also received them, independently. To her, then, coming across others (like Brogden) who believe the same, or similarly, to her, (or at least know the same symbolic "language") is confirmation that what she has received is from God.

Well, Pleroo, I'm impressed. You're the only one who didn't try to twist things and slander me and repeated the truth of what I have always maintained. Kudos to you for having character. Peace

Old 09-13-2016, 08:01 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Rbbi has always maintained (correct me if I'm wrong, Rbbi) that the revelations she has received are not particular to her alone, and that others have also received them, independently. To her, then, coming across others (like Brogden) who believe the same, or similarly, to her, (or at least know the same symbolic "language") is confirmation that what she has received is from God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, Pleroo, I'm impressed. You're the only one who didn't try to twist things and slander me and repeated the truth of what I have always maintained. Kudos to you for having character. Peace
I think they simply don't believe you.

Should I assume that because you snipped the second part of my post that you are unwilling to describe the attributes/nature that you believe is being formed in you?...

Quote:
Rbbi, I have seen you asked quite a few times to describe the spirit of God as you understand it and you have declined to answer. May I ask if that is because you are feeling on the defensive, or is there some other reason? I'm also wondering if you might be open to answering a different, but similar, question: What attributes do you believe God desires to cultivate within you? In other words, would you be willing to describe the nature that you believe is being formed (or raised up, or whatever other term you might use) in you?
Would you at least be willing to explain why you are unwilling to describe it?

Old 09-13-2016, 08:39 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
I think they simply don't believe you.

Should I assume that because you snipped the second part of my post that you are unwilling to describe the attributes/nature that you believe is being formed in you?...

Would you at least be willing to explain why you are unwilling to describe it?
Rbb1
Please excuse me for interupting.
But I see a problem with this question. And why no answer is warranted.

PLEROO You speak of the Holy Spirit as an it?
Do you not remember what Jesus/Yeshua said? Seek, ask, knock.
For me personally, confirmation with fellowship has grown and watered my (given)faith. And I can say that it was and is the Holy Spirit that has lead me and comforted me through the trials of this life. Until incorruption is swallowed up everyone is facing tumultous times.

And pleroo.
Always remember. You never know when you are entertaining an angel.
https://the-end-time.blogspot.com/20...wares.html?m=1

Old 09-13-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Rbb1
Please excuse me for interupting.
But I see a problem with this question. And why no answer is warranted.

PLEROO You speak of the Holy Spirit as an it?
Do you not remember what Jesus/Yeshua said? Seek, ask, knock.
For me personally, confirmation with fellowship has grown and watered my (given)faith. And I can say that it was and is the Holy Spirit that has lead me and comforted me through the trials of this life. Until incorruption is swallowed up everyone is facing tumultous times.
Pinacled, you are saying that because I used different terminology than you do, I am not worthy of a response from Rbbi (or you, I presume).

At any rate, I did not ask Rbbi to describe the spirit, since she has been asked to do so repeatedly and has chosen not to. I merely asked her what her reason was for not wanting to describe that spirit.

What I DID ask was if she was willing to describe the attributes/nature being formed (or whatever terminology she prefers) IN HER. But, since you've jumped in here pinacled, I'm very willing to hear your response to that question. Would you please describe the attributes/nature that you believe are being formed IN YOU?

Quote:
And pleroo.
Always remember. You never know when you are entertaining an angel.
https://the-end-time.blogspot.com/20...wares.html?m=1
It makes sense to me that ALL people/things are messengers of God in some form or fashion. Is that how you see it as well?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:14 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If I believe in water baptism and being born again, I'm a Baptist. If I believe in the virgin birth, I'm a Catholic, if I believe in the baptism in the Spirit, I'm Pentecostal, if I believe in keeping the feasts and eating Kosher, I'm a Jew. If I believe in the kingdom of G-d being within us, I'm Kingdom. See any problem with this at all? Peace

Not much, I just didn't want to be included, I haven't said anything serious in this thread for like 30 pages and suddenly I am in the thread but the only thing I see in this thread is strife and I don't want anything to do with it and so I say silly things trying to lighten the mood and I move on.

The Characteristics of God.

Galatians 5
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no Law.…

Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit.

1 Corinthians

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Not much, I just didn't want to be included, I haven't said anything serious in this thread for like 30 pages and suddenly I am in the thread but the only thing I see in this thread is strife and I don't want anything to do with it and so I say silly things trying to lighten the mood and I move on.
I was a little surprised when he mentioned you but then I read his post again and all he said about you was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Here is where she and Hannibal get that inner and outer court stuff from--not God--a MAN.
It seemed to me it was simply a statement of what he believes to be fact, and not any indictment against you. Just my opinion.

As for strife ... I am not asking the questions I've asked to create or contribute to strife. I am trying to understand where Rbbi (and now pinacled) are coming from. I do see it is a major red flag when people aren't willing to be forthcoming. But that is why I asked if she's feeling defensive, because that might explain it to some degree.

Anyway, good to read this from you, Hannibal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Characteristics of God.

Galatians 5
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no Law.…

Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit.

1 Corinthians

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:40 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
I was a little surprised when he mentioned you but then I read his post again and all he said about you was this:

It seemed to me it was simply a statement of what he believes to be fact, and not any indictment against you. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I get that, I don't think he meant any disrespect, it's just that I don't think like anyone else on here and I didn't get what I believe from whomever that kirkgarred is.

It's just that I keep seeing my name and my belief compared to others when in fact, my belief is not like any other person on here. I don't believe that I have the Holy spirit and it would be very hard to compare me to people who think they do have the Holy spirit. That one issue is a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity