Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 06:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No because the world does not like our witness of the truth. Jesus said the world would hate us because of Him. He also said the world would love darkness and hate light. Yes we should witness in love but we should witness in truth as well. No one in the world wants to face the truth that all fall short and sin, they want to justify their sin. How would you witness to the world?
Being falsely accused of hatred and bigotry has become routine these days. People are always trying to associate Christians with something negative and evil. Like you mentioned, Jesus said His followers would be hated for His name, and that is exactly what we are seeing.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-29-2016 at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 06:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
So if you're an atheist what are you doing hanging out here .
Seems kind of strange to see someone who doesn't believe there is a God to have a desire to be here and try proving the Christian they don't know what their talking about !
No more strange than someone that doesn't have cancer trying to find a cure for cancer.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:10 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,049,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Since you guys "test" the spirit of all the Bible texts and find it to be not all of God.

Could you do us a favor and list all the bad texts in the Bible?

It would be helpful if we all had some common ground to start our discussions.

So please, someone do this for us "bad guys" that do not know the truth.

Do it because you love us.
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but I think you went wrong in the title already, though I am sure you mean it charitably, they don't actually have agape love.

They just claim it as a means to deny Scripture, deny the judgment of God, the need for repentance, faith, grace, salvation, Jesus Christ, rebirth, the Holy Spirit etc.

Basically it's their go-to spot to numb the conscience and feel righteous. But it's obvious there's no agape love, there can't be any because true agape love is from God and worked by the Holy Spirit. It won't deny the importance of repentance and faith, true agape love will exhort others to repent and put their trust in the Savior Jesus Christ to escape Gods judgment and receive eternal salvation.

False agape love says peace, peace.. but there is no peace.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Great thread. All it needs a a little focus...

Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No more strange than someone that doesn't have cancer trying to find a cure for cancer.
You think, I glad for those who have a heart desire to help others and are working hard to find a cure as I'm a cancer survivor and my sister at this point in time in her life is fighting against it to survive so that she may find some time to be able to enjoy more days with her grandbabies .
So to us it isn't a strange thing but we're very thankful for those who spend their life helping others in search for a cure in all kinds of diseases that our world is now dealing with !

But it does seem strange for an atheist who doesn't believe there is a God hanging out in a Christianity forum . Like I said, most that do have an agenda and partly it is to only come to harass the christian .

It must be they don't have a very interesting life and need to find some kind of excitement to fulfill their uninteresting lives to give themselves some kind of meaning to keep them going in their days !
Since their not out helping and seeking for a cure so that ppl who are struggling against such diseases like cancer can have a longer life !

Old 08-29-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but I think you went wrong in the title already, though I am sure you mean it charitably, they don't actually have agape love.

They just claim it as a means to deny Scripture, deny the judgment of God, the need for repentance, faith, grace, salvation, Jesus Christ, rebirth, the Holy Spirit etc.

Basically it's their go-to spot to numb the conscience and feel righteous. But it's obvious there's no agape love, there can't be any because true agape love is from God and worked by the Holy Spirit. It won't deny the importance of repentance and faith, true agape love will exhort others to repent and put their trust in the Savior Jesus Christ to escape Gods judgment and receive eternal salvation.

False agape love says peace, peace.. but there is no peace.
Wow saying, "False agape love says peace, peace.. but there is no peace ." is so true . It is obvious by what they're constantly posting and the attitude is so angry and fighting against God's truth, so yes, they've got to find a go-to spot to numb that convicted conscience because there truly isn't any peace .

You know there are days when I get off this computer and literally cry out to God to help them to get out of that mind set that has taken over in their lives in denying God's warnings of what is to come . I truly can see it now if they don't the dreadful pain they will be dealing with especially wishing they had truly listen to Him when He sent forth His word to heal them of their ways .

We all have had a time or two where we have done something in our lives and felt that dreadful pain of wishing we hadn't done it and know that we can never, ever take it back or change it . And it lives in our conscience never being able to resolve it so that we could forget . Yet, there are times it is triggered and it's like we relive it all over again .

To me that is what it's going to be like for those who never listen and repent turning to God with all their heart and are filled with a heart of gratitude for seeing where they were and were able to let the Holy Spirit cleanse them and change them so that they can know the real peace of God and live in it, amen !

At least that is one thing in our lives being able to turn to God and repent it does get resolved and we are never reminded of those awful moments in/of our past that sin destroyed, stolen from our lives and those awful sinful ways we chose to be and do .
Yet, given the opportunity to be able to know and find the forgiveness in our God and choose to repent of our sin and discover that He definitely replaces our sinful ways with His peace, now that is a sure thing, sin never to harass us again, as sin will not have dominion over us, that is a promise from God, amen .

Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
You think, I glad for those who have a heart desire to help others and are working hard to find a cure as I'm a cancer survivor and my sister at this point in time in her life is fighting against it to survive so that she may find some time to be able to enjoy more days with her grandbabies .
So to us it isn't a strange thing but we're very thankful for those who spend their life helping others in search for a cure in all kinds of diseases that our world is now dealing with !

But it does seem strange for an atheist who doesn't believe there is a God hanging out in a Christianity forum . Like I said, most that do have an agenda and partly it is to only come to harass the christian .

It must be they don't have a very interesting life and need to find some kind of excitement to fulfill their uninteresting lives to give themselves some kind of meaning to keep them going in their days !
Since their not out helping and seeking for a cure so that ppl who are struggling against such diseases like cancer can have a longer life !
Get out of my head!!!!!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Get out of my head!!!!!
LOL, your such a wonderful and special person ! I just had to say that after reading your post from the other day and could see how gentle your heart really is so if I have offended you in any way, L8Gr8Apost8 please forgive me, OK !

I definitely can discern you are not here to bring any harm to no one !

Blessing's to you, precious Lady !

Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
LOL, your such a wonderful and special person ! I just had to say that after reading your post from the other day and could see how gentle your heart really is so if I have offended you in any way, L8Gr8Apost8 please forgive me, OK !

I definitely can discern you are not here to bring any harm to no one !

Blessing's to you, precious Lady !
You're cool with me too.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:24 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
FALSE. the world does not like the church's STUPIDITY, HATE and OPPRESSION of others.

The world dislikes the idea of Christian Sharia Law--and so do I..

Your truth is not always God's truth..nor is my truth always another's truth.
Your opinions not facts, God's truth is contained within the Bible not the walls of a building. My truth is what God gives me to share, you can take it or leave it, your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity