Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 PM

481 posts, read 263,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am not Christian but I think to oppose same sex marriage from a Christian point of view you should first establish that marriage is an exclusively Christian institution. Otherwise it is wishing for one religion to be able to establish its ideology upon others not of that faith. There are histories of marriages in many societies prior to their contact with Christians and some of them did have SSM.

So I think my question to you is are marriages the property of Christians only and should they alone be able to decide the law of a land or are marriages more universal and should be treated as such?

To start with, I do know that Australia is not a "Christian" country, in practice,far from it, but it is a claim that is made by politicians and a large number of the population. The result of the latest census may put some light on that subject.

Now we also know that it is not an exclusive Christian rite, as many religions have marriage vows and ceremonies, and apart from places like Ireland, Canada? States in the US, those rites of marriage are for male female marriages.

Whether same sex individuals marry is now connected with homosexuality, which is a sin according to the Bible, and should be the same for anyone calling themselves "Christian".

This discussion should concentrate on whether same sex couples will have a different set of rules, devised by a government to account for such "Christians things" as adultery, sexual immorality, like one of the partners having a relationship with a person of the opposite sex. ( i have seen a Lesbians comment where she says that lesbians are, her word, 'whores' and do not stay in same sex relationships for any length of time).

If you agree that they should make up their own rules, how can a governments claim to be legislating for or against such a proposal as same sex marriages?

If in our indignity, we condone same sex marriage, why do we claim that the Muslim right to marry a man of 40 or 50 to an eleven year old girl is so wrong? Wrong according to what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 07:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
If in our indignity, we condone same sex marriage, why do we claim that the Muslim right to marry a man of 40 or 50 to an eleven year old girl is so wrong? Wrong according to what?
baseless indignsation or not, the difference is what is known as "informed consent." If you think that an 11 year old can give that you are even worse informed about that than you are about homosexual relationships.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Nor have they identified a heterosexual gene...you are welcome to provide a reliable source that they have.
So silly. The point of there being a homo gene is to legitimize the attraction as biologically natural and not a chosen behavior. If you wish to consider heterosexual unnatural, good luck with that. The fact is that heterosexual is natural because it produces offspring. Homo does not. This is not rocket science. This is why it is not equal.

Anyone else wishes to beat this dead horse, just provide a thread and invite me. Otherwise, I have addressed this OP.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You shudder to think about the act of homosexuality? What act? Are you speaking about sex?

Did you shudder when you realized your parents had sex?

Do you think about the intimate lives of other people that much? Or, does sex in general make you shudder.

You live in a nation of Christians and I will venture a guess that most do not shudder.
They do not involve themselves in the intimate lives of consenting adults. They generally live and let live.

Why is this a problem for you? If you believe God does not want you to engage in certain relationships then that is for you personally. Many others read the same book and do not get the same message, and they call themselves Christian, and they live in the same country you live in.
Do I shudder at the thought of my parents having sex? Well to tell the truth, we would never discuss such and issue, I am an old bloke, not a SNAG.

Did you know that if your parents never had children then it is a very good chance that you wont either.

Why it is a problem to me is not relevant, I opened the discussion to get other opinions, and to elicit those opinions one has to say certain things, ask certain questions, otherwise I would open a post and say, Can I have your opinion on.......?

The rest of that question is up to you, I ask for your opinion on same sex marriages, and if you give me an opinion, then that is your opinion, it is nothing to do with you as a person, or anything to do with your religion, or anythings else and it would be wrong fro me to condemn your opinion on those grounds, but I may disagree with you opinion based on my understanding of the subject.

Please get off me and concentrate on the subject matter.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:22 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Do I shudder at the thought of my parents having sex? Well to tell the truth, we would never discuss such and issue, I am an old bloke, not a SNAG.

Did you know that if your parents never had children then it is a very good chance that you wont either.

Why it is a problem to me is not relevant, I opened the discussion to get other opinions, and to elicit those opinions one has to say certain things, ask certain questions, otherwise I would open a post and say, Can I have your opinion on.......?

The rest of that question is up to you, I ask for your opinion on same sex marriages, and if you give me an opinion, then that is your opinion, it is nothing to do with you as a person, or anything to do with your religion, or anythings else and it would be wrong fro me to condemn your opinion on those grounds, but I may disagree with you opinion based on my understanding of the subject.

Please get off me and concentrate on the subject matter.
All of your statements are fair game since you opened the door, and gave your opinion. You added the personal.
It became important to the subject matter, which is coated in your personal views on sex.

My opinions have everything to do with me as a person. I am the sum total of every experience.

Sex makes you shudder. You state you did not speak of, and never imagined your parents had sex. However you seem to shudder when it comes to LGBTQ.

hahahaha Awesome, and a bit kinky you old bloke you

I happen to travel with my fainting couch. Feel free to collect yourself. [CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 09-15-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This is going to be fun. I am all in. I'm sure that you do have many erroneous beliefs about us.

One is either gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or not. One does not "become" LGBT just to push boundaries. We are born as we are, the same as you are. To believe what you have posited is to believe there is choice. There is no choice. We are simply living our lives, as you are.

Ohhhkay...

And that has what to do with same sex relationships? Or more simply, WTF?

LOL oh boy.

First off, homos...gay sex does not cause AIDS. A virus causes AIDS. A virus that can be transmitted any number of ways. Some sexual, some not. Point of fact, all else being equal, it is far more dangerous for, say, a gay man to have sex with a woman with AIDS than it is for two gay men who do not have AIDS. Another fact: Two gay men without AIDS can have sex indefinitely without having to be concerned with contracting AIDS. Exhaustion and possible dehydration, yes. AIDS, no. Final fact, as far as AIDS risk, the safest form of sex is between two women.

Which wouldn't happen if homophobes didn't bully, beat, abuse, or murder us, would it? It's sick that you are trying to push the blame on us.

"Well if you weren't gay, you wouldn't have to worry about all that!!"

Again, we don't have a choice.

We aren't promoting "open homosexuality." We're asking you, and those like you, to leave us the hell alone, so that we may live our lives in peace. If "homosexual relations" disturbs you, stop thinking about, and stop doing it. This includes not toe-tapping in airports.

The Bible does not condemn homosexuality anywhere. Christ Himself mentions it how many times? Ah, yes, that would be none. It does, however, condemn any sex act which is abusive. But that does not include sex between committed, monogamous same sex couples.

Again, none of us are "pushing" you to do anything. We're telling you to leave us alone.

The United States of America is not a theocracy. The role of our government is to treat everyone equally under the law. That means treating homosexual couples the same as heterosexual couples.

There is no such thing as "natural marriage", as marriage does not occur in nature. Marriage is marriage. A (hopefully) life long, monogamous commitment between two unrelated adults.

We are normal. Also, you are confusing gay, lesbian and bisexual people, with trans people. Why is there a need for "ceremonial events" between opposite sex couples?

Don't even go there. We have free speech, yes, but that doesn't mean you can say whatever you want to, and then squeal "free speech!" when you are called out on your BS.
Many errors: The bible does say homosexuality is wrong, a sin...READ ! Corinthians 6

Pushing: The gay Madi Gras pushes homosexuality. The coming out concept is more and more an event, look at the celebrities.

None of you are pushing: If you wish to be left alone, do not push your ideals on to the rest of the populations.

Your were born this way: Show proof, there is no gene for your choice of life. If you were born this way then you are saying that either both or at least one of your parents were latent homosexuals, as genetic characteristics are usually passed on, and if by some chance you have a child that child will have homosexual tendencies.

One would think that if Homosexuality was genetic, and man has been around (According to the evolutionists) for millions of years that we should all be homosexual by now...I know a comment is not an opinion.

The history as AIDS as a virus is rather horrific if you care to read ab out it. It is considered a disease transmitted firstly by men practicing sexual acts with other men in Africa and then transmitting the disease to women and children. The witch doctors told the African men to rape a baby and that would take away the disease.

The AIDS epidemic of Africa became pandemic and continued to be caused by "immoral" sexual relationships, or I might say even, abnormal sexual relationships as this word describes what is not normal in a society, and does not hold the connotations of being "mentally abnormal" just not normal by numbers.

It is not only that AIDS is a sexual disease, but it is a disease that so far no preventive medicine or complete cure has been found, and it can and does get out into the heterosexual society.

You say gay sex does not cause AIDS it is a virus: Another is a gun doesn't kill a person a person kills a person. Don't you think your answer is rather trite?

The disease is so serious in many countries that you can be incarcerated if you do have sex, knowing you have the disease.

So, I have spent a lot of time on this part of the open discussion, but it is of concern to most people.

Just to close: Monogamous "marriages" do occur in animals...
Just to name a few:
  • Gibbon apes.
  • wolves.
  • termites.
  • coyotes.
  • barn owls.
  • beavers.
  • bald eagles.
  • golden eagles.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:38 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NEIGH! Another dead horse the evangelicals can kill one more time?

Hopefully the mods will show mercy and close it before it replays all those mythological arguments...and reveals just how OPPRESSIVE HATEFUL and VENGEFUL their insecure god is that cannot deal with LOVE...
Wishful thinking.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:46 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
baseless indignsation or not, the difference is what is known as "informed consent." If you think that an 11 year old can give that you are even worse informed about that than you are about homosexual relationships.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:46 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Love your revised history of AIDS. Did you make it up yourself or should someone else get the credit?

Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Many errors: The bible does say homosexuality is wrong, a sin...READ ! Corinthians 6

Pushing: The gay Madi Gras pushes homosexuality. The coming out concept is more and more an event, look at the celebrities.

None of you are pushing: If you wish to be left alone, do not push your ideals on to the rest of the populations.

Your were born this way: Show proof, there is no gene for your choice of life. If you were born this way then you are saying that either both or at least one of your parents were latent homosexuals, as genetic characteristics are usually passed on, and if by some chance you have a child that child will have homosexual tendencies.

One would think that if Homosexuality was genetic, and man has been around (According to the evolutionists) for millions of years that we should all be homosexual by now...I know a comment is not an opinion.

The history as AIDS as a virus is rather horrific if you care to read ab out it. It is considered a disease transmitted firstly by men practicing sexual acts with other men in Africa and then transmitting the disease to women and children. The witch doctors told the African men to rape a baby and that would take away the disease.

The AIDS epidemic of Africa became pandemic and continued to be caused by "immoral" sexual relationships, or I might say even, abnormal sexual relationships as this word describes what is not normal in a society, and does not hold the connotations of being "mentally abnormal" just not normal by numbers.

It is not only that AIDS is a sexual disease, but it is a disease that so far no preventive medicine or complete cure has been found, and it can and does get out into the heterosexual society.

You say gay sex does not cause AIDS it is a virus: Another is a gun doesn't kill a person a person kills a person. Don't you think your answer is rather trite?

The disease is so serious in many countries that you can be incarcerated if you do have sex, knowing you have the disease.

So, I have spent a lot of time on this part of the open discussion, but it is of concern to most people.

Just to close: Monogamous "marriages" do occur in animals...
Just to name a few:
  • Gibbon apes.
  • wolves.
  • termites.
  • coyotes.
  • barn owls.
  • beavers.
  • bald eagles.
  • golden eagles.
Idiocy on parade.

And free to anyone with an internet connection!

Is this a great time to be alive, or what?!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity