Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:25 AM

692 posts, read 375,560 times

Advertisements

[quote=Choir Loft;47325536]

Quote:
Therefore in six words, the shema prayer explains the unity of Adonai, of God. Father Son and Holy Spirit (Adonai, Yeshuah and Ruach Hakodesh) are united as One. They are of One mind, One purpose and One eternal being.

Jesus IS GOD. If He were not, then His sacrifice upon the cross would have no meaning. In scripture He is called Lord. Among His disciples, the people who knew Him, He was called Lord and God. He was conceived as no man in history. He lived an exemplary flawless life as no man has ever done. He died for the sins of man, which no other man could ever do and He rose from the dead. No human can do these things. Jesus/Yeshuah IS God.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
QUESTIONS:

The use of the word "Lord" does not necessarily mean divinity, does it? Eg."The Lord said to my lord"

Where precisely in the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Luke, and Mark), is Jesus ever called God?

Are you claiming that the three persons of the Trinity are co-equal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 10:26 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, yet he said that no one may dies for the sins of another...

It says that G-d rose him from the dead...

No, he is not G-d...
it appears you do not even know what a lamb sacrifice is and what it means or what it covers and does not cover. so Richard you might want to pick up one of the oldest of tanakh and find one of those guys who might have done some good guessing.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, yet he said that no one may dies for the sins of another...

It says that G-d rose him from the dead...

No, he is not G-d...
and that is wrong too it says he rose himself from the dead and overcame death .. the Father is holy and could not go and can not go into man's place of sin and death , that void of of life place men created to hide from God .. called death and we call it hell.. it is just death.. . only if God legally got inside of death can he take the keys to it by overcoming it and setting it's righteous captives free.. and it even implies over and over that only God as a man can raise himself from death.
the Father during that separation of the Father and His right arm , the Father was 110 holy and holy can not be where sin is or thus where man is .

the Father's right arm has done valiantly and will continue to do valiantly.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:43 AM

692 posts, read 375,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and that is wrong too it says he rose himself from the dead and overcame death .. the Father is holy and could not go and can not go into man's place of sin and death , that void of of life place men created to hide from God .. called death and we call it hell.. it is just death.. . only if God legally got inside of death can he take the keys to it by overcoming it and setting it's righteous captives free.. and it even implies over and over that only God as a man can raise himself from death.
the Father during that separation of the Father and His right arm , the Father was 110 holy and holy can not be where sin is or thus where man is .

the Father's right arm has done valiantly and will continue to do valiantly.
RESPONSE: Please cite the passage in which Jesus is said to have raised himself from the dead. Acts of the Apostles clearly says otherwise.

Acts, chapter 2, 22-25
22 “You that are Israelites,[a] listen to what I have to say: Jesus of Nazareth,[b] a man attested to you by God with deeds of power, wonders, and signs that God did through him among you, as you yourselves know— 23 this man, handed over to you according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of those outside the law. 24 But God raised him up, having freed him from death,[c] because it was impossible for him to be held in its power. 25 For David says concerning him,

According to Acts, God raised him up just like He raised Lazarus.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
[quote=n..Xuipa;47338362]
Quote:
and that is wrong too it says he rose himself from the dead and overcame death ..

No...It is not wrong...You just do not know the bible very well...

Quote:
the Father is holy and could not go and can not go into man's place of sin and death , that void of of life place men created to hide from God ..
Are you talking about Hell?...

Quote:
called death and we call it hell.. it is just death.. . only if God legally got inside of death can he take the keys to it by overcoming it and setting it's righteous captives free.. and it even implies over and over that only God as a man can raise himself from death.
Blah, Blah?...

Quote:
And again I say!...Blah, Blah?...

Old 02-28-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it appears you do not even know what a lamb sacrifice is and what it means or what it covers and does not cover. so Richard you might want to pick up one of the oldest of tanakh and find one of those guys who might have done some good guessing.
It appears that you don't know what you are talking about...

Tell me, what YOU think a lamb sacrifice covers?...

Old 02-28-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse613 View Post
So, he was his own father?
No...He was his own granpa...

Old 03-01-2017, 08:05 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I'm a JW

I'm a Catholic

Quote:

Jesus is the Son of God:

"And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.”-Matthew 3:17
Right, but you do not understand one thing, Being the Son Of God means that he is of the same substance of God.

Quote:

Jesus says of himself:

"The Father is Greater than I."-John 14:28

" Jesus said to her, “Do not hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."-John 20:17

Right, The father is Greater than the Son the same way you are greater than your children, But your children are of the same substance than you are, I mean, your children are human not dogs, and Jesús is the Son of God, that means he is divine.

Now when you read that we are also sons of God you must take it in the context of the Book you are Reading and in this case you are Reading it from the Gospel of John and John in the begining of his gospels differenciates the Son of God, the Logos, the meaning of all things, Jesús, and the sons of God, the ones who became family of God by their Faith in Jesús True Son of God:

The Logos, The same substance of God:

John 1:1

1 Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος,(logos =Word) καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος. (God was the Word)

1 At the beginning of time the Word already was; and God had the Word abiding with him, and the Word was God

John 3:16

16 οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον, ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν (Son) τὸν μονογενῆ (only-begotten) ἔδωκεν, ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ' ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

16 God so loved the world, that he gave up his only-begotten Son, so that those who believe in him may not perish, but have eternal life.

The Humans coming to be Family of God by Faith in Jesús

John 1:12

12 ὅσοι δὲ ἔλαβον αὐτόν, ἔδωκεν αὐτοῖς ἐξουσίαν τέκνα θεοῦ (God's Children) γενέσθαι (Become), τοῖς πιστεύουσιν εἰς τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ,

12 But all those who did welcome him, he empowered to become the children of God, all those who believe in his name;

So there you have it, The difference between The Son of God, Begotten and Unique, and the children of God, we who by believing in Jesús Become children of his Father, we become ADOPTED. we are not of the same substance, divine substance of God and his only begotten Son, Jesús.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me;47324476[/color

If Jesus were the equal of God why did he not know the following?

"But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"-Matthew 24:36

Easy, because Jesús came into human and thus the whole divine councience was not shown, but if you go and read after his resurrection:

Acts 1:6-8

6 And his companions asked him, Lord, dost thou mean to restore the dominion to Israel here and now? 7 But he told them, It is not for you to know the times and seasons which the Father has fixed by his own authority.
8 Enough for you, that the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and you will receive strength from him; you are to be my witnesses in Jerusalem and throughout Judaea, in Samaria, yes, and to the ends of the earth.

Then it is not that Jesús didn't Know but that He knows and exclude us from that knowledge and in Exchange put us to Work in the Spreading of the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.

And it means that The kingdom of heaven is a task which concerns us, we are the agents of the stablishment of the kingdome of God in the Earth.

Quote:

That being said it doesn't lessen the importance of the Christ. Christians believe Jesus is the way to salvation. However, we should also recognize that it was the Almighty God that loved the world so much that he gave us his only begotten Son as stated in John 3:16

¿Doesn't it tell you something that Jesús is the ONLY BEGOTTEN son of God?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse613 View Post
So, he was his own father?
And did he take his own mothers virginity at birth?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:43 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: Please cite the passage in which Jesus is said to have raised himself from the dead. Acts of the Apostles clearly says otherwise.

The Verse:

John 10:17-18

17 This my Father loves in me, that I am laying down my life, to take it up again afterwards.
[b]18 Nobody can rob me of it; I lay it down of my own accord. I am free to lay it down, free to take it up again; that is the charge which my Father has given me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity