Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:27 PM

10,084 posts, read 5,001,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
So, what ARE Christians required to do other than to sit on their lazy backsides and look smug? That is a serious question, by the way.
Jesus' recorded words gives us the requirement answer at Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 24:14; and at Acts 1:8.
Christians are required to spread the good news message about the coming of God's kingdom government in the hands of Christ Jesus as the solution to mankind's problems before the coming ' time of separation ' comes as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Modern technology today has even helped make possible rapid Bible translation so that people even in earth's remote areas can now have Scripture in their own mother tongue or naive languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 11:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Im not a Jew. Mike answered the question with scriptures out of context. Im asking valid questions as for why we do what we do and sadly the answer is not from the bible but from the RCC mostly and then branches from there.

The sad truth is most of what we do is not from what Jesus commanded, but from a man made religion and worse is we took alot of former pagan aspects and just rebadged them.

You can find zero examples in the entire bible of God people eating unclean foods, but Mike found scriptures out of context to butcher home a conclusion and the same with the Holy Days as well that were replaced with man made Holiday. I can most many scriptures as well to to back my argument.
You are a Seventh Day Adventist and believe that Christians must worship on Saturday, not participate in Christmas and Easter, etc... There are others in the thread who are Jewish proselytizers.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,158,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
You are a Seventh Day Adventist and believe that Christians must worship on Saturday, not participate in Christmas and Easter, etc... There are others in the thread who are Jewish proselytizers.
As long as ive been on this forum, its extreeemly obvious im not Jew or SDA. I have clearly said I got to church on Sunday, as it i s not a sin to attend a worship service on a Sunday, but I have also said many times, alot of what I do as a Christian is more of man made tradition passed down vs biblical.

So as to my OP, many of those questions will not get a answer, because the truth is Jesus didnt command or teach any of it, it is people manipulating and twisting Pauls words and the mandates of the RCC that were passed down as to why we do most of what we do now.

The is no Xmas, Easter, Rabbits, eggs, hot cross buns, Jesus leading a Sunday morning worship service , him abolishing all the laws of his father, magically turning tithe into money offerings and more in the bible, yet no one will pause and ask, then how exactly did all this stuff make itself a active part of the church. This is why some of the Jews, Hebrew Roots, and even Atheists on here can have a easy field day on Christians, because for a group of people to say they follow they bile, they can easily use their own bible agaisnt them, when read in proper context.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 PM

6,805 posts, read 2,935,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
You (intended for SAAN) are a Seventh Day Adventist and believe that Christians must worship on Saturday, not participate in Christmas and Easter, etc... There are others in the thread who are Jewish proselytizers.
Although I've not had any dealings with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church for pretty close to a decade ...I WAS a member of that particular Church for close to 20 years. Actually, I'm still a member since I never resigned from the Church. I just don't attend ANY church at present.

However, whatever particular views I may hold about Christianity ARE NOT necessarily those of the SDA Church but those that I get from the same book that mainstream Christians claim to uphold ...the Bible. While I'm certainly not - and never was - a 'Bible-thumper', I DO have to question those alleged 'Bible-believers' who so militantly claim that NOT showing obedience to the commandments contained within this alleged 'holy book' is what Christianity should be about. You see, to me this doesn't make a lick of sense. Sorry, it just doesn't. Moreover, these professed Christians even point an accusing finger at those who DO attempt (even if not too convincingly) to keep those commands.

And so, I have to ask again ...if NOT being obedient to the commands of the Bible (God) is the mark of the 'real Christian' as we hear from RainMusic and others, then WHAT IS IT PRECISELY that sets the 'Christian' apart from the non-christian? At least with the Adventists, the non-christian in the neighborhood can see that these people are taking their Bible seriously, even if they want no part of it. How can this be said of mainstream Christians who attend church on a 'bogus sabbath' (as if following the 4th-command) while also giving the Bible commands 'the finger'? Again . . .IT MAKES NO SENSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity