Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,998,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The scripture tells us to judge righteously. Can you explain how you do this ?. Thanks in advance.
First of all I NEVER judge a persons relationship with God. If they say they are a Christian, I accept it even if some of the things they say make me doubt it. However I NEVER base it on their conduct because Christians remain sinners until they die.

The only way man can judge rightly is compare the conduct with what the Bible says about it.

If the Bible says drinking any alcohol drink is a sin, then it is, but the Bible doesn't say it is. If the Bible says getting drunk is a sin, and it does, then drunkenness is a sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,998,564 times
Quote:
Christians apparently like to kill too

https://relevantmagazine.com/god/wha...n-christianity

We don't mind killing for the right reasons---war- self protection etc. but we do not like to murder.

Christians did not kill Rob bell. He committed suicide. When he started preaching there is no hell and the Bible clearly says their is, his only hope was to get on the liberal theology circuit. There is no place for him in conservative churches no matter how Scriptural his other theology was.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:16 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
These is at least 3 kinds of judgments we can make: WE can judge if one is a Christian or not, we can just people's conduct and we can judge if their understanding of a verse or passage is Biblical.

The verse I quoted clearly divides who we can judge and who we cannot. If someone say they are not a Christian I am not to judge them about anything including their conduct. If thy ask is such and such a sin, I c an point them to the Bib le and say it or it is not.

If someone is a Christian , not only am I allowed to judge their conduct, I am required to.(Mt 18:17). It is called church discipline.

If I tell someone that their interpretation is wrong, I must point to the Scriptures that make it wrong and give them a chance to explain the verse or passage. I might have to change my interpretation if their interpretation makes more sense than mine.
And yet there is no distinction made in any chapter and verse as to which ones are "better" than another???

Old 06-28-2017, 01:16 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,735,364 times
sorry but the very definition of Love was murdered the most cruel ways possible for a being a meany and for speaking the truth . all ages have worshipped at the foot of PC since Cain and Abel.. because we don't want to get Cain mad or jealous now do we ?
so sometimes the truth hurts and I would still rather be hurt and find the truth , than not hurt by truth and go to hell happy.
so peoples judgement is about what others are seeing in your life .. and guarantee Cain makes way more judgements than Abel's do.. so we can compare the Judges life and their fruits to scripture to see if we should take their judgments seriously.
if they are walking and living like you want to walk and live .... then take their words as wisdom..
because no one but your dearest friends will offend you on purpose unless they love you.
and a fool who cares nothing for you ..will offend you for their lies most often , lies that they believe that are not what God believes .
Life and Eternity is what God believes in and what God wants for us .
so the wise will weight out truth against God's truth and his word or at least try to. Especially if they want his kind of Eternity.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-28-2017 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 01:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
We don't mind killing for the right reasons---war- self protection etc. but we do not like to murder.

Christians did not kill Rob bell. He committed suicide. When he started preaching there is no hell and the Bible clearly says their is, his only hope was to get on the liberal theology circuit. There is no place for him in conservative churches no matter how Scriptural his other theology was.
Where does god say some killing is the right reason?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:17 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
sorry but the very definition of Love was murdered the most cruel ways possible for a being a meany and for speaking the truth .
so sometimes the truth hurts and I would still rather be hurt and find the truth , than not hurt by truth and go to hell happy.
so judgement is about what others are seeing in your life .. so we can compare the Judges life and their fruits to scripture to see if we should take their judgments seriously.
if they are walking and living like you want to walk and live .... then take their words as wisdom..
because no one but your dearest friends will offend you on purpose unless they love you.
What kind of truth in your mind hurts ? What truth as actually hurt you ?.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:

No one was saying he was literally killed, just like the letter does not literally kill, if it does the way christians have used it(the letter), it would have killed multitudes.

You really should step back and look at what you are saying. A man came preaching contrary to what man thought was God and the scriptures and according to the bible they literally killed him. It really is not difficult to accept the spirit you are of is no different to the one that rejected Jesus Christ and had him crucified.

At least Gamaliel had something about him after he saw and heard the same spirit that had Christ crucified, speak through those who were furious with the apostles and wanted them put them to death.

Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Old 06-28-2017, 01:34 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,735,364 times
Quote:
What kind of truth in your mind hurts ? What truth as actually hurt you ?.
because life offends the death in us . a working smeller proves death for the stinky mess it is.,. light pierces the darkness so darkness gets Offended and then runs shrieking from the light of God's truths.
all the proof I need is to just look at all the " done gone postal" atheist on these lists trying to beat down some christians with made up statistics and pure lies.. when they really want to beat down God. If they could . Which they can't do . but someday He might let them try. so you too might get your day to tell him he aint real........

Old 06-28-2017, 01:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
JUDGE NO ONE..

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.-------------ROMANS 14:13

And in case that does not make sense---

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?---JAMES 4:12
A relationship involves providing for the needs of your neighbors.
you know this already zman.

If courage is misplaced, then the heart and mind become so seared they become as hard hearted as an egyptian kings did. And everyone knows it will not go well for such a person.
How many walk by the wealthy and say, ahh they are blessed and need nothing from me. Or walk by the downtrodden, and think to themselves, they have their reward.

Our Lord was very clear about judgement in relationship terms.

Though, the wicked will never understand this.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
because life offends the death in us . a working smeller proves death for the stinky mess it is.,. light pierces the darkness so darkness gets Offended and then runs shrieking from the light of God's truths.
all the proof I need is to just look at all the " done gone postal" atheist on these lists trying to beat down some christians with made up statistics and pure lies.. when they really want to beat down God. If they could . Which they can't do . but someday He might let them try. so you too might get your day to tell him he aint real........
I have never seen an atheist offended on this forum, i have seen tons of bible fundamentalists offended by atheists and believers who see things differently turning the heat up on them about their beliefs. Again, i would like to hear about how the bible has offended you.

The verse you are quoting is taken out of context too. This is what i believe God speak to me a short while back.... We have adapted ourselves to something that we are not and being comfortable with it, are unable to see what we adapted from. This being the case we love what we have become and dismiss anything that is contrary to it. Your understanding of hate is not the same hate the writer of John had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity