Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Where did he say that, exactly? He never said he would not condemn. He will certainly condemn sinners.

I can almost see those wheels spinning in your head. It's good for you to ask that question. Yes, Jesus will condemn sinners. God's wrath will be poured out on those that do not have Jesus.

Chapter and verse, please. I'm not going to let you half-quote and paraphrase, twisting the verse around.

Jesus said God did not send him into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:17

I give you proof from your own bible where it states what it is that condemns us, and all you come back with his your vile fundamentalists beliefs you have tarnished our Heavenly Father with. I am not going to let you try and attempt to pull one over anyone who rejects your fundy beliefs. You can try and impose your hellish beliefs upon us like you are speaking for our Heavenly Father..... I've got news for you, we ain't having it.... we resist it in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the love of God made manifest .

1 John 3:20....... Again you are showing your you do not recognize the scriptures. I quoted Luke 1 the other day and you thought i was quoting some new age thing.

I am also waiting for your explanation of what healing the broken hearted means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus said God did not send him into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:17
You're right. And in v. 18 it says that there will be those that don't believe and will be condemned.
Quote:
I give you proof from your own bible where it states what it is that condemns us, and all you come back with his your vile fundamentalists beliefs you have tarnished our Heavenly Father with. I am not going to let you try and attempt to pull one over anyone who rejects your fundy beliefs. You can try and impose your hellish beliefs upon us like you are speaking for our Heavenly Father..... I've got news for you, we ain't having it.... we resist it in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the love of God made manifest .
Wow. My "vile fundamentalist beliefs". Ok. How about what the Bible says? Apparently you find that to be "vile fundamentalist belief"? Or at least the verses you don't like? That those that don't believe are condemned? You haven't answered that point.
Quote:

1 John 3:20.......
That says:
"For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

That is not what you half-quoted.

Yes. It does say that those that do evil hate the light. Your point?

Quote:

Again you are showing your you do not recognize the scriptures. I quoted Luke 1 the other day and you thought i was quoting some new age thing.
I recognize them when you actually quote them. If you want me to recognize them, I'd suggest actually doing that, rather than paraphrasing, as you did with Luke 1 the other day. You seem to enjoy half-paraphrasing them. If you want to actually discuss them, then quote them.

The fact is, some will be condemned. Jesus will condemn sinners. There will be judgment, and he will reject those he does not know.

Quote:
I am also waiting for your explanation of what healing the broken hearted means.
I believe I DID answer that, but I will not get into it on this thread.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Well, I just finished reading the crazy thread proclaiming Jesus to be the anti-Christ, so I really feel it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about any scriptures in this forum. I think calling Jesus the beast and the anti-Christ is enough to keep me from discussing anything further in this place. The hour is late, for sure.
Is it really such a new thing to do? What about Martin Luther? Didn't he do that?

Don't lots of normal Protestant preachers do the same thing in regards to the papalcy? I've heard preachers making that claim since the 1980's (when I first started listening) to the present day.

Personally, I think that Protestant Christianity, including Luther, have done just as many bad things in the name of Christ as any of the early churches ever did.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You're right. And in v. 18 it says that there will be those that don't believe and will be condemned.

Wow. My "vile fundamentalist beliefs". Ok. How about what the Bible says? Apparently you find that to be "vile fundamentalist belief"? Or at least the verses you don't like? That those that don't believe are condemned? You haven't answered that point.

That says:
"For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

That is not what you half-quoted.

Yes. It does say that those that do evil hate the light. Your point?

I recognize them when you actually quote them. If you want me to recognize them, I'd suggest actually doing that, rather than paraphrasing, as you did with Luke 1 the other day. You seem to enjoy half-paraphrasing them. If you want to actually discuss them, then quote them.

The fact is, some will be condemned. Jesus will condemn sinners. There will be judgment, and he will reject those he does not know.

I believe I DID answer that, but I will not get into it on this thread.
It says nothing about WILL be condemned, you are reading into that with your fundie blinkers on.

You are one who refuses to come to the Light because you love the dark beliefs of the mindset of ignorant savages that God is a tyrant godfather always on your case unless you repent at the sight of him and fall on your face before him.

Read this, but before you do, take off your fundy blinkers and all your pre conceived ideas about how God views every man, woman and child.

Baptist fundy doeth you despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance
Well do ya?.

Do you see how God actually works rather than how you think he works because of how you have been taught ?.

I actually quoted the full verses, do you want me to pull them up to prove that you don't recognoize scripture when it staring you in your face. You did not recognize it to be scripture because the scripture i quoted is alien to your fundy belief filter system that controls everything you hear.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-01-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 08-01-2017, 06:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:

That is the whole main point of the OP, half-paraphrasing the Scriptures.
This really is a matter of two forces:
The complete inspired Word of GOD's Book the Holy Bible vs. what "stands alone in MY book"

Old 08-01-2017, 06:08 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus

Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?

Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.
Wow!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is the whole main point of the OP, half-paraphrasing the Scriptures.
This really is a matter of two forces:
The complete inspired Word of GOD's Book the Holy Bible vs. what "stands alone in MY book"
Twin, BP doesn't know the scriptures, i quoted 2 verses from Luke last week and he DID NOT believe they were scriptures., he doesn't believe that Jesus said the one who sent him, sent him NOT to condemn but to save. Like you he doesn't believe the scriptures where condemnation comes from.
When YOU quote your bible verse you got high on, you know the wrath, punishment, destruction and hell fire ones, at least i know and recognize these verses.

Under the jewish belief system about God, there is no way on God's green earth you could not live in their world without condemnation hanging over your head. Can you imagine seeing someone stoned to death for picking up sticks on the sabbath for crying out loud, can you not see how easily you could bring condemnation on yourself through failing this evil tribal tyrant of a god?, and sadly the bible fundamentalist system heaps more condemnation on you than the system they profess to be free from.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I'm back from a very fruitful day.
John 3:18 has been brought up ..I like Douay-Rheims, hope that is ok...
(why would I not address your ques BaptistFundie?)

He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe, is already judged:
because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

What do I think of this? Well, I said I was stupid to bring up one sentence Jesus said because 10 could
be brought up to contradict it. It bogles the mind.
I don't know what that means, 'is already judged'... by whom...themselves, Jesus, the Father?
You tell me what you think it means.

I will always stand by my personal experience of God...sure, men make mistakes...they murder!
I know a murderer, confiding and weeping in front of me...I know a child molester...and i have
'felt by the grace of God' His immense love for both of them...(not my love lemme tell ya, but a love from God Himself being pumped through me, like 10,000 angels in the room)
God and Jesus forgive...they are love unimaginable!

So because of this i do not know what this verse means...'is already judged (condemned)'.
I could stretch it... that when you do not know the love of God and reject it....you are, indeed, lost....
and do not even know it!
Does not mean forever, though!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I should make it clear ...again... I believe most of the Bible was written by savage,
primitive, superstitious men. Then, King James...well, who can trust him!
BUT, there is truth in there...and many misinterpretations, and mis-translations, too.

So what do I do ? I read the love parts...do I believe the hell parts? No.
Would my Father send someone to an eternal hell...preposterous.
Does he forgive on a dime. Oh yeah...He is Love Itself.
( And I don't know this from any book!)

That's my story...believe what you want.
To know God intimately is to love God and he opens up wonders almost
not to be believed...how do I know? ...NOT because of reading it somewhere...

Old 08-01-2017, 08:11 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But you follow the ministries of those that do.
I don't follow ANY ministries, I follow HIM. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity