Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 01:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,815,278 times

Advertisements

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...-Sinful-Nature
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 01:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
I'm thinking the topic has played itself out.. Jesus said a great sentence that I took out of context...my bad, apparently...a perversion...those that read it and it meant something to them have seen it, now, and it may have comforted them or they have seen a different side to Jesus they could keep near...like when he said to the woman
about to be stoned...'I do not condemn you.'
My point was regarding a forgiving, loving man representing his Heavenly Father.
More about the nature of love.

27 pages of posts...what more could be said...some verses have been brought up to
refute that Jesus does judge...and another thread has been started to talk about
a love theology.

Thanks june 7th for noticing it got off track.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm thinking the topic has played itself out.. Jesus said a great sentence that I took out of context...my bad, apparently...a perversion...those that read it and it meant something to them have seen it, now, and it may have comforted them or they have seen a different side to Jesus they could keep near...like when he said to the woman
My point was regarding a forgiving, loving man representing his Heavenly Father.

27 pages of posts...what more could be said...some verses have been brought up to
refute that Jesus does judge...and another thread has been started to talk about
a love theology.

Jesus warned to Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves" ... and that takes correct judgement

To claim :
"There are many paths to 'the Goal'...." ~ Miss Hepburn
as you did elsewhere probably explains why you needed to take out of context John 8:15.
People need to watch out for those who pervert the context of what Jesus said, then cry ... Don't judge, just love!!

Old 08-04-2017, 03:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus warned to Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves" ... and that takes correct judgement
Yes, I think we covered the difference between discretion, or judging things and actions that are harmful and judging the motives and spirit of the person who makes such mistakes.
Quote:
People need to watch out for those who pervert the context of what Jesus said, then cry ... Don't judge, just love!!
Which brings up the point of poor judgement as opposed to "correct judgement." It starts with obviously NOT actually understanding what those people are saying and listening to your own prejudice about what they must be saying if they oppose your concepts of of judgement as condemnation.

Last edited by nateswift; 08-04-2017 at 04:12 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
People need to watch out for those who pervert the context
of what Jesus said, then cry ... Don't judge, just love!!
YES! Watch out for people like that! In other words...please, those that believe that,
stay away from me...please.
It would make me very happy.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:00 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
a love theology.
The first eleven verses of John chapter 8 are spurious verses. Ancient manuscripts do Not support those missing verses. So, the KJV words of Jesus at John 8:11 are Not in the original.

John 8:15 is in harmony with John 7:24 to stop judging by outward appearances, but judge by righteous judgement.
- Deuteronomy 1:16-17. Righteous judgement means using God's judgement to judge.
The religious leaders of Matthew 23:23 were ignoring the weightier matters of the Law, ignoring the spirit of the Law.
Whereas Isaiah 11:3-4 tells us Jesus does Not judge by outward appearance but he knows the heart.
Jesus judgement of Matthew 25:31-33,37 will be just and righteous, as will Jesus actions of Rev. 19:14-16 be justified.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:21 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The first eleven verses of John chapter 8 are spurious verses. Ancient manuscripts do Not support those missing verses. So, the KJV words of Jesus at John 8:11 are Not in the original.

John 8:15 is in harmony with John 7:24 to stop judging by outward appearances, but judge by righteous judgement.
- Deuteronomy 1:16-17. Righteous judgement means using God's judgement to judge.
The religious leaders of Matthew 23:23 were ignoring the weightier matters of the Law, ignoring the spirit of the Law.
Whereas Isaiah 11:3-4 tells us Jesus does Not judge by outward appearance but he knows the heart.
Jesus judgement of Matthew 25:31-33,37 will be just and righteous, as will Jesus actions of Rev. 19:14-16 be justified.
Interesting. The passage DOES have some of the earmarks of Gnostic expression.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
This is excellent research! Thank you. Great contribution!

Old 08-05-2017, 03:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Jesus warned to “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves" ... and that takes correct judgement

To claim :
"There are many paths to 'the Goal'...." ~ Miss Hepburn
as you did elsewhere probably explains why you needed to take out of context John 8:15.
And what do you use as a standard for judgment?...

Old 08-05-2017, 03:27 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And what do you use as a standard for judgment?...
Conflict with his beliefs and what he assumes is sin. A fundy trademark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity