Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:11 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
A Good Sabbath
Without a foundation, trust in what ever a person builds will be tested and or destroyed.
There is only One that has seen the Father and served the Fathers will perfectly.

And if there is no foundation ?

The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Luke(disciple
A Good Sabbath
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Matthew(disciple
A Good Sabbath
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

([24]) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Now,
Compare what was stated by the said, 'chris kid'. To what the Master has Taught.
test the spirits.

If you like i could further explain.
Yet at this hr should i really have to.
hard hearts i doubt would even produce anything other that dust.

Now then this is something of a precept upon precept to build on.
A few key words that should resonate in those that have heard the bells of Our High Priest.

Foundation
An Altar and Sabbath
Reconciling within the innercourt past the 8 steps.

12 foundations. disciples
Up to the temple down to the house.

3 times a yr.

And the 4th yr is a Holy praise.
A roof top built with a parapet to protect your neighbors.

Just a summary of the Tour of the 444

Old 10-02-2017, 03:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Are you THAT dense? Look again: The scriptures that you spend all your time studying testify ABOUT me, but you spend all your time IN those scriptures and NEVER come to ME.. You learn NOTHING from the scriptures that they should teach you.
Right ... this is so dense of Jesus to be pointing to Scriptures
"These are the very words that testify about Me yet you refuse to come to Me to have life"
Those who hate the truth over their own stagnant dense self righteousness are those quote the Bible to discredit the same.

Jesus never quoted the Bible in order to discredit the same (any part of it, including the non-flowery ones) ... mutilators do.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
John 10:9 I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

I have always thought that Jesus was talking about here and now and sort of casting a little bit of cold water on the idea that it's all about "the hereafter."
Notice the difference in John 5:39You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

Yes, it is pointing out the fallacy of looking for eternal life in a book, but is it also saying "hey, it's about what you get from LIFE NOW?
The current thread on what you get from religion is interesting in that regard. My personal feeling is that if you are not getting a sense of purpose and fulfillment you are wasting your time and effort, for BOTH now and eternity.
My opinion? Best answer ever. Right on topic, also.
Thanks for all those that ans'd the question....you know who you are.

Funny to me a verse said by Jesus about abundant living
could somehow bring up anything regarding fear, wrath , judging the dead, destroying the earth, etc...
next thing ya know the Mark of the beast will suddenly be the topic!!!!
Crazy stuff for me to watch where people's minds take them.

So, what does that verse, taken in context of course, mean to you?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

could somehow bring up anything regarding fear, wrath , judging the dead, destroying the earth, etc...

Well Hep, it's simple: be wise and correctly know the Scriptures
John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God,
and that by believing you may have life in his name.
2 Timothy 3:15
and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
Jesus pointed to the Bible ...
"These are the very words that testify about Me yet you refuse to come to Me to have life" ~ Jesus
not "to go within" \ "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." guru's hubris.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times
Quote:

Ive seen where your mind takes you when posting in another subforum.

Though im sure you know full well such a person as myself has keen eyes to spot something before it makes a sound.
there is a seed that is crushed every day, and this is done for the Good of mankind to reserve those that Love the gift of Mercy provided in the Son of Adonai.

22 Top Bible Verses about God's Will - Encouraging Scripture

Old 10-02-2017, 03:51 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
In John 10:10 Jesus said ....``The thief comes not, but for to steal , and to kill, and to destroy,.... I`ve come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly ``...............Spiritually the thief would be demons and fallen angels which kill and destroy , like look to the monthly time when more people pass on in the week before the full moon , as people susceptible in health to with no protection from God could be easily put down by the demon spirits , and people would suspect natural causes ..... See the demons are menace ................. Where people seek Jesus out and are one with God could receive all their days in the earth ...... People who listen to God who is the voice who comes quicken in the first voice and obey the good advise will prosper ............... People who question the first voice who is God and then listen to the spirit of confusion and doubt will get the thief who has come to steal

Old 10-02-2017, 04:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In John 10:10 Jesus said ....``The thief comes not, but for to steal , and to kill, and to destroy,.... I`ve come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly ``...............Spiritually the thief would be demons and fallen angels which kill and destroy , like look to the monthly time when more people pass on in the week before the full moon , as people susceptible in health to with no protection from God could be easily put down by the demon spirits , and people would suspect natural causes ..... See the demons are menace ................. Where people seek Jesus out and are one with God could receive all their days in the earth ...... People who listen to God who is the voice who comes quicken in the first voice and obey the good advise will prosper ............... People who question the first voice who is God and then listen to the spirit of confusion and doubt will get the thief who has come to steal
Thanks.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Thanks for all those that ans'd the question....you know who you are...
Thanks for asking it.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Quote:
"18" what? I hate that when people will not say what verse and chapter.
Revelation 11. Miss H. You should have known it was from Revelation

Old 10-02-2017, 06:01 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Just that...how would you personally interpret His meaning?

You can take the verses before and after...didn't mean to take it out of context.
Been there, done that and got the wrath!!
Thanks
abundant, full filled, contributed more than you take, help when you can, and pass on information. Be happy to be sure, but your duty doesn't have to include you being happy all the time. Not even most of the time. maybe content, but that's different than happy for me.

No regrets when I die is out the window, but I did have some fun.

for some, things gnaw at our gut worse than death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity