Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 07:54 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times

Advertisements

This question is for Christians and particularly for those Christians who STILL use Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to aim at gay people in an attempt to make them squirm.

The question is an easy one to answer. It's either 'yes' or 'no'. However, if it is 'yes' then a brief explanation will be required.

The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus?

This could be a very short thread .. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 08:16 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This question is for Christians and particularly for those Christians who STILL use Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to aim at gay people in an attempt to make them squirm.

The question is an easy one to answer. It's either 'yes' or 'no'. However, if it is 'yes' then a brief explanation will be required.

The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus?

Yes. I believe all the commands are very important.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
so no tattoos or shrimp for you i suppose...

Old 02-24-2018, 10:16 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,513 times
Quote:

Your question is incorrect so how can you expect anyone to answer truthfully? But if you asking why adhere to parts of Leviticus and ignore the other Mosiac law is because the sin of Homosexuality is reinforced in the New Testament, diet restrictions are not.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:24 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Dont open yourself for attack here. Lev 11 are the dietary laws most Christians ignore and Lev 23 are the biblical Feast Days that God said were his days, not the Jews, in which Christians also dont keep...Those 2 areas are the main attacks points by Hebrew Roots and Messianic against mainstream Christianity.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:25 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Your question is incorrect so how can you expect anyone to answer truthfully? But if you asking why adhere to parts of Leviticus and ignore the other Mosiac law is because the sin of Homosexuality is reinforced in the New Testament, diet restrictions are not.
Actually, when read in proper context and not just snippets, there is nowhere in the NT in which Gods followers ate unclean foods or taught others to do so as well.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:36 AM

107 posts, read 85,856 times
Quote:

If you truly want an answer, your questions shouldn't include bashing Christians . This is the first post I've ever read in this forum and I must say, this is very hateful and nasty.
Christians do not use Leviticus "to make another person squirm". If that is happening to you, then it's probably the holy spirit convicting you.
Do I care about those commands in Leviticus? Yes but within the context they were given. Christians live in the new covenant, not the old covenant which passed away. So most of us don't give a whole lot of credence beyond the 10 commandments re-iterated in the New Testament.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:44 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
No.

However, in the context of your question, most Christians refer to Romans 1:18+, rather than Leviticus. But, even that is an incorrect assumption and approach.

The point of the Old Testament commands was NOT so people could figure-out what rules/laws they must keep to 'get right with God.' - It was to establish a basis for all people to understand that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" ... and recognize one's own need for repentance and reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ. (Righteousness never came by law-keeping).

Old 02-25-2018, 01:26 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,101,079 times
i believe in the command of Jesus written in Matthew 22:36-40, to love God and love my neighbor as I love myself.
My neighbor could be a gay shrimp eating snake handler who wears clothing made of more than one fiber. I am called to love him as myself. I think I'd have a hard time with someone who sacrificed their child for any reason including for Molek but I don't believe in stoning people to death or any other form of capitol punishment so the answer is no.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushyEyeBrows View Post
If you truly want an answer, your questions shouldn't include bashing Christians . This is the first post I've ever read in this forum and I must say, this is very hateful and nasty.
Christians do not use Leviticus "to make another person squirm". If that is happening to you, then it's probably the holy spirit convicting you.
Do I care about those commands in Leviticus? Yes but within the context they were given. Christians live in the new covenant, not the old covenant which passed away. So most of us don't give a whole lot of credence beyond the 10 commandments re-iterated in the New Testament.
The New Covenant is for the Houses of Judah and Israel only...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity