Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:14 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This question is for Christians and particularly for those Christians who STILL use Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to aim at gay people in an attempt to make them squirm. The question is an easy one to answer. It's either 'yes' or 'no'. However, if it is 'yes' then a brief explanation will be required. The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus? This could be a very short thread .. .
for me yes! because Jehovah words says this ,(2Tim. 3:16 (NKJV) All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). this isn't just from the Old Testaments see (Rom. 1:26,27 (NKJV) For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due).

Jehovah God and Jesus hates NO human, but a true Christian has to live by their laws. we have to push our selfish ways aside and follow Jesus ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). when we read God's words as Jesus said, we should apply it to our lives ,(Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it).

also MANY who claim to be Christians tend to follow the norm, not wanting to be seen as "homophobic". Jehovah and Jesus hates NO ONE, but they do hate their actions. i also don't hate anyone, but i won't bow down to anyone if it goes against Jehovah and Jesus. despite what many would say or think of me. we are not suppose to try to justify what they see as wicked actions. it could place us in the same category as those who hates righteousness ,(Pro. 17:15 (NKJV) He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord). no one should try to make anyone "squirm", but Jehovah words, will stand, even if many will hate it. peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 11:47 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
The flesh is flesh, and people who just see the flesh of the law, they sometimes don't see the hidden spiritual significance of what the law is actually relaying, and it isn't about flesh, it isn't about two gay people.

The law is spiritual and each and every one of the laws have a spiritual meaning whether we speak of fornication, adultery, or homosexuality, to sin against the law in the flesh is what EVERYONE DOES, and I mean that if you have ever lusted after a person of the same gender, you are just as guilty as one who lives a life of homosexuality. The law was meant to be extreme so that it convicts all people equally, and the most guilty are the ones who point fingers because they are hypocrites, not even realizing or admitting their own guilt.

But the spiritual laws are what is important, Israel committed adultery against God when they were at the mountain of God about to be wed to God. Then Moses came down and found them in spiritual adultery where they had to drink the bitter waters as an adulterous bride.

If we are to follow Jesus by taking on a NEW ADAM, then we are deciding to become submissive virgins to the will of our betrothed and he must become our head, as we are the body. But what happens when a person refuses to become a submissive female and by his own nature, he goes out to seek wealth and he forces his will upon others instead of becoming a submissive virgin to the will of her betrothed where she serves the needs of others?

''Two men in a bed, one taken and the other left behind.''
''Two women at the wheel, one taken and one left behind.

We are in a marriage of flesh and spirit, but if we do not become a submissive virgin to the will of our betrothed by living a lifestyle of Passover where we die daily in order to let the bridegroom live, we will become selfish men with our own agenda, and thereby becoming a marriage of two men.

When God comes, he should find a submissive virgin who hears the voice of the bridegroom and follows him wherever he goes.

Romans ~ we are all in sin, and all of us serve sin.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Jojo-50, may I suggest that you ate talking apples and oranges? The passage you cite is talking about idolatry and licentiousness, not about loving relationships between two people with the same attractions.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:51 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
The way I see it, EVERYONE, well, MOST EVERY ONE walks around on an average day committing murder a couple times a day, committing fornication and adultery and homosexuality a few times a week, and that is just who we are, we just don't want to admit it.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
for me yes! because Jehovah words says this ,(2Tim. 3:16 (NKJV) All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). this isn't just from the Old Testaments see (Rom. 1:26,27 (NKJV) For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due).

Jehovah God and Jesus hates NO human, but a true Christian has to live by their laws. we have to push our selfish ways aside and follow Jesus ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). when we read God's words as Jesus said, we should apply it to our lives ,(Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it).

also MANY who claim to be Christians tend to follow the norm, not wanting to be seen as "homophobic". Jehovah and Jesus hates NO ONE, but they do hate their actions. i also don't hate anyone, but i won't bow down to anyone if it goes against Jehovah and Jesus. despite what many would say or think of me. we are not suppose to try to justify what they see as wicked actions. it could place us in the same category as those who hates righteousness ,(Pro. 17:15 (NKJV) He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord). no one should try to make anyone "squirm", but Jehovah words, will stand, even if many will hate it. peace
except those are not direct QUOTES from god. They are the words of mortal men...

Old 02-27-2018, 02:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The way I see it, EVERYONE, well, MOST EVERY ONE walks around on an average day committing murder a couple times a day, committing fornication and adultery and homosexuality a few times a week, and that is just who we are, we just don't want to admit it.
Probably so. I commit murder in my heart at times. I was not like this until recently. My heart was much softer before the right wing Christian put it's hateful crusade against others on TURBO CHARGE. I pray that they will be judged for it and that God would release me from my anger and disgust for those people. I am beginning to think I will simply have to turn myself away from anywhere they are allowed to speak and incite violence in order to be delivered.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:10 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Probably so. I commit murder in my heart at times. I was not like this until recently. My heart was much softer before the right wing Christian put it's hateful crusade against others on TURBO CHARGE. I pray that they will be judged for it and that God would release me from my anger and disgust for those people. I am beginning to think I will simply have to turn myself away from anywhere they are allowed to speak and incite violence in order to be delivered.
What's Turbo Charge?

Old 02-27-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
This question is for Christians and particularly for those Christians who STILL use Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to aim at gay people in an attempt to make them squirm. The question is an easy one to answer. It's either 'yes' or 'no'. However, if it is 'yes' then a brief explanation will be required. The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus? This could be a very short thread .. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Whoa Camel! Let me stop you right there. Someone else has already told you that God (or Jehovah) did NOT say ... 'all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness' ...but rather Paul. I personally find it annoying that Christians are so often guilty of blasphemy (and don't realize it) whenever they give Paul the status of God. Wasn't blasphemy punishable by death at one time? This is not to mention, of course, that 'all scripture' DID NOT include the New Testament which had not been collated and added to the Old Testament the time that particular quote was made.

Moreover, also in support of someone else who told you the same thing ...Romans 1:18-27 is referring to idolatry practices and affiliated temple prostitution ...NOT 'homosexuality'! This is something else I find annoying about SO many Christians ...they NEVER give the full story when they quote Romans 1. It's always Romans 1:26-27 because that is the only part of the passage that they know or care about. Let me educate you, jojo ...that passage is referring to those 'who once knew God' but had now taken to worshiping idols and participating in dalliances with shrine prostitutes who were seen by the pagans as 'sacred'. The passage tells us readers quite clearly that 'they who once knew God' were now worshiping images made to resemble mortal man, birds, animals and reptiles. They had given up God and, according to Paul, God had given up on them. How Paul came to know this is anybody's guess.

So, I would suggest, jojo, that before you make statements about, and supposedly from, the Bible that you first do a little research.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:16 PM

Further to the above, if Romans 1:18-27 is affiliated with Leviticus 18:22 (as some Christian scholars believe), then Leviticus 18:22 must also be referring to pagan idolatry and temple prostitution.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:20 PM

131 posts, read 99,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

The question: Do you HONESTLY give a damn about ANY of the commands of Leviticus?
Not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity