Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, the Devil wasn't there...It was a serpent, the cleverest beast of all the beast of the field that G-d had made...
He's all the same to christians.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 05:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He's all the same to Christians.
Indeed...

Quote:
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil.
Yea, after the fact...

Old 04-15-2018, 06:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Twin, How do you love someone who is capable of doing to the majority of humanity what you believe God is going to do? I’d really like to know. Or don’t you love God?
Quote:
Can't be anything other than God doing to them what he thinks they deserve. Fundies are very forgiving and merciful.(mind boggling)
I know they think people deserve it. But, my question stands, how do you (what makes it possible for you to) love a Being that you believe is capable of doing that to your fellow human beings whom, ostensibly, you also love?

And actually, how do you understand what it means to love others when your ultimate example (you are to be like your “heavenly Father”) of “loving” them is a Being who will do such a thing?

Last edited by Pleroo; 04-15-2018 at 07:06 AM..

Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I know they think people deserve it. But, my question stands, how do you (what makes it possible for you to) love a Being that you believe is capable of doing that to your fellow human beings whom, ostensibly, you also love?
Because they think they deserve it they have no problem with a God that would do such a thing. It really is mind boggling that intelligent human beings can be accepting of this.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Because they think they deserve it they have no problem with a God that would do such a thing. It really is mind boggling that intelligent human beings can be accepting of this.
This is what also mystifies me. It defies logic.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Did my mom put you up to that? So what is the truth as you see it? If you don't want to be misrepresented you're going to have to tell people what you believe.
I did. Satan is real, and unbelievers will be eternally separated from God.

There is no need for you to represent my views in any way, just represent your own.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This is what also mystifies me. It defies logic.
It is most certainly rooted in fear, and to disagree about the destiny for all so called sinners, is disagreeing with God in the minds of those that are convinced of eternal hell, and they daren't do that, because how dare they being worms in their own minds in the eyes of an almighty God question it(It's got to be an it, no Spirit or human would do such a thing).

Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
According to the fundamentalists, this is the fate of all the Muslims, Hindus, Jews, any number of Christian sects who do not properly believe in their interpretation of scripture, agnostics, atheists, and I suppose it would have to include all who were born before Jesus came into the world. Wow, doesn't this just draw you with the chords of love? And they want to force women to have children against their will even in cases of rape! Who would risk having children if this might be their ultimate fate? Wouldn't it be selfish to have children in this case?
Whoever tells you these things is lying to you. Don't be so gullible.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I did. Satan is real, and unbelievers will be eternally separated from God.
The matter of factness of this statement i can't help but think what god it is you believe in, there is not an ounce of feeling in the statement. You can't even package it in God continually reaching out in love, mercy and forgiveness until one breathes their last.

In John 3:16 there is 1 word that not only speaks of God's love but makes that love far greater than we can imagine, that 1 word is SO. This world is SO Loved of God and you are militant about eternal hell?, do you not see what this says about yourself and the god you believe in that resembles nothing like the God of John 3:16.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

And actually, how do you understand what it means to love others when your ultimate example (you are to be like your “heavenly Father”) of “loving” them is a Being who will do such a thing?
Quote:
Yes, they have no problem with it, but HOW does one LOVE such a being? And the second question, too? How do you LOVE other people when your goal is to emulate a Being that would consign the majority of them to eternal torment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity