Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then the throne of grace is here then ?.
The throne is in heaven. Few on the earth found the entrance to the narrow gate. Gods kingdom, rules within that gate on earth, from heaven. Any saved is by grace, because all fall short of the glory of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 03:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The throne is in heaven. Few on the earth found the entrance to the narrow gate. Gods kingdom, rules within that gate on earth, from heaven. Any saved is by grace, because all fall short of the glory of God.
Do you know where heaven is ?.

The glory we seemingly fell short of through the ignorance of believing in separation from God, we have got back

And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one
: You want the glory that you believe you fell short of back?, quit believing in separation from God you are falling short of the glory by believing in it. We have back that which we thought we lost. Isn't that wonderful news?.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:58 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
This has been a long thread. I asked a question some pages back and it may have been answered. But, I doubt it. So, I'll ask it again.

For those of you (several of you) who absolutely believe in the reality of an actual hell where 'the wicked' will be tormented for ever and ever and ever, etc. etc. . . .does this place have a geographical location? If hell IS an actual place then it has to exist somewhere. So, where is hell located?

If we're to believe in hell as you do, then please be as precise re its location as is possible. Otherwise I for one am going to call ...lie!

Thank you.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:36 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
You would not answer the question if i gave you a 1000 years to answer it, you are simply a fraud who sees that you don't have scriptural support for the existence and purpose of eternal hell, YET because you love darkness over light you choose to still believe it.

I answered it. I told you as far as i am concerned there is no evidence, and that to hold the thought of eternal hell in the light of Jesus Christ the thought is preposterous.
You are the fraud. Not only did I answer the question, I referenced verse where Jesus spoke of an eternal hell.

Your problem is that you think you know more than Jesus. You think if camps don't believe something it cant be true. How self-serving can one be? You only use the Bible when it agrees with you. Even then you sometimes don't understand the verse(s) you post.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 AM

1,487 posts, read 781,818 times
Default Pope Francis

I think what the Pope meant (I hope) is that those banished to Hell will cease to exist when Lucifer falls into the bottomless pit. Hell will not be forever. To take a contrary stance to the Pope, yes, there is a Hell.
God will also erase the memory of family and friends who were not saved, because there's no sadness in Heaven.
To answer Romulus, how could you think Hell is on a physical plane? Lucifer has never been flesh, neither have demons. Hell and Heaven are on spiritual planes.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 AM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I think what the Pope meant (I hope) is that those banished to Hell will cease to exist when Lucifer falls into the bottomless pit. Hell will not be forever. To take a contrary stance to the Pope, yes, there is a Hell.
God will also erase the memory of family and friends who were not saved, because there's no sadness in Heaven.
To answer Romulus, how could you think Hell is on a physical plane? Lucifer has never been flesh, neither have demons. Hell and Heaven are on spiritual planes.
Wow. Please go on. I think you just made hell into something that logic cannot explain. Just as I suspected. How convenient.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Do you know where heaven is ?.

The glory we seemingly fell short of through the ignorance of believing in separation from God, we have got back

And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one
: You want the glory that you believe you fell short of back?, quit believing in separation from God you are falling short of the glory by believing in it. We have back that which we thought we lost. Isn't that wonderful news?.

I believe Jesus. Jesus taught--FEW will find the road to life( in Gods kingdom)-- I guarantee to all, the hardest accomplishment a mortal can achieve in a satan ruled system of things is being a true follower of Jesus. He clearly teaches--he will vomit out those sitting on the fence.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:

Your rendition is not what the bible teaches. Gods justice scales makes a literal eternal suffering, IMPOSSIBLE. Reality--- meet the true living God--Deuteronomy 30:19-- God set before all-LIFE or DEATH--both will be everlasting. Fire in revelation = destruction.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:30 AM

3,801 posts, read 2,995,893 times
Quote:
How on earth is God going to do that?
Anyone in Heaven, knowing that they have loved ones are in Hell, is going to question that one.
And how is God going to smooth it over, that they are now burning and being tormented forever? (with no hope of any appeal process to the judgement passed)
Maybe if you are a JW you can easily detach yourself from your family and loved ones, but not the average Joe.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:02 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
For those of you (several of you) who absolutely believe in the reality of an actual hell where 'the wicked' will be tormented for ever and ever and ever, etc. etc. . . .does this place have a geographical location? If hell IS an actual place then it has to exist somewhere. So, where is hell located?

If we're to believe in hell as you do, then please be as precise re its location as is possible. Otherwise I for one am going to call ...lie!
Feel free to call it a lie. No one has claimed to know the location of it, or location of heaven, or anything else in hereafter. I suppose you call heaven a lie too, or anything else you cannot see or touch, or find on the map.

IMO, 2 Thessalonians gives the most meaningful description of it by saying you will be eternally separated from God and all His creation. It does not need to be a specific physical location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity