Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He's been booted from this community.
Oh, well it probably wasn't valuable to him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They had to. No one going up to communion would leave without consuming to host, the ushers would not let them. They watch for that kind of thing. We do hold it to be sacred.

And by the way why do Satanists want to desecrate the Mass by having a black one that makes fun of it?
My Atheist wife went to church on mothers day out of respect for her religious mother. When the cracker and wine was handed to her she passed it on. Her mother gave her a disappointed look, but the ushers were cool with it, and nobody died.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:54 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post
If Atheists were who they say they are, they'd be on some heavy drugs, enjoying themselves (Because why not?)

Instead, they are on this forum, proselytizing like the preachers they are.
Why would Atheists be on heavy drugs anymore then anyone else? I only know one Atheist really well and she loves life and respects her body and mind way too much to take any drugs.

And she doesn't proselytize at all, I do, but then I'm Agnostic, so there's that.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:44 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
My Atheist wife went to church on mothers day out of respect for her religious mother. When the cracker and wine was handed to her she passed it on. Her mother gave her a disappointed look, but the ushers were cool with it, and nobody died.
The host is never passed around, you were not in a Catholic church so you know nothing abut the case I sited. You have no idea what I was siting but you still said I was wrong. HMMMMM

Old 05-15-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And here I thought it was about "modern atheists", silly me.
Many "modern atheists" are the radical ones, that is why we have so many court cases for religious liberty now.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:59 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Many "modern atheists" are the radical ones, that is why we have so many court cases for religious liberty now.
The mind of the "modern atheist" is no different from the mind of anyone who does not believe in Santa and his team of flying reindeer. Belief in flying reindeer and belief in a flying reanimated corpse require more blind faith and gullibility than some people possess.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The mind of the "modern atheist" is no different from the mind of anyone who does not believe in Santa and his team of flying reindeer. Belief in flying reindeer and belief in a flying reanimated corpse require more blind faith and gullibility than some people possess.
I understand your audience, but I'm sure you realize that belief in "flying reanimated corpse" does not equal belief in God, not even for all Christians.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:45 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I understand your audience, but I'm sure you realize that belief in "flying reanimated corpse" does not equal belief in God, not even for all Christians.
According to Acts of the Apostles, the followers of Jesus claimed that his corpse came back to life and subsequently flew off, up into the sky. Believing that this actually occurred as an act of God is no different from believing that certain reindeer have the ability to fly because Santa has magic. Both claims require a suspension of disbelief and require subscribing to blind faith and a childlike belief in make believe.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:56 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
You backed Kim Davis. Do not pretend that you're about religious liberty.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:41 PM

https://www.becketlaw.org/case/kondr...ity-pensacola/

Should the government be allowed to purge the public square of religious and historical symbols? The American Humanist Association thinks so. Oral Arguments tomorrow! → https://buff.ly/2GJLtmo

Importance to religious liberty
Public square: The government is not required to strip the public square of important symbols just because they are religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity