Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:39 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,175,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The chief end of man is to glorify god and fully enjoy Him forever.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:48 PM

2 Corinthians 5:19 - that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:20 - Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

We are here to preach the correct gospel to all who will listen........

1 Corinthians 1:17 - For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

The gospel is not flowery words you make up but the one Paul was given in 1Corinthians 15:1-4

In so doing we glorify God and love Him who first loved us......

Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
plagiarism ALERT!

https://reformed.org/documents/wsc/i...ments/WSC.html

Old 09-20-2018, 07:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I will read and study things for myself, there is no need to listen to others for many have been led astray.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:56 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,815,887 times
Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:19 - that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:20 - Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

1 Corinthians 1:17 - For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

The gospel is not flowery words you make up but the one Paul was given in 1Corinthians 15:1-4

Old 09-20-2018, 08:08 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
That what He Will Come kinda sorta says.

You been following him? Sex for just babies. Weird name to use if you you think about it.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:57 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,925,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It is indeed wonderful news for selfish, lazy Christians. That's why they're so quick to adopt it. Just sin your fool head off cuz Jesus did all the heavy lifting.

Blind guides teach what your post says--Jesus teaches the opposite--Matthew 7:21-23-- a worker of iniquity= a practice of sin or willfull sin= 99%
The bible says most want their ears tickled rather than truth.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will read and study things for myself, there is no need to listen to others for many have been led astray.

You do know many have read the Bible through but have not understood it.......it must be rightly divided, and few know how to do that it seems. You CANNOT read the Bible like an ordinary book.......the meaning on those pages is largely hidden in plain sight.......most of the books are written to the Jews of OT days and is presented today as a history lesson for believers of today, a "how did we get here" summary.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
You do know many have read the Bible through but have not understood it.......it must be rightly divided, and few know how to do that it seems. You CANNOT read the Bible like an ordinary book.......the meaning on those pages is largely hidden in plain sight.......most of the books are written to the Jews of OT days and is presented today as a history lesson for believers of today, a "how did we get here" summary.
No one said to read it like a book, nor to leave your comprehension/understanding at the door.
But what you believe should come from within, not through the few who make a certain claim.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
So many confusing thoughts out there....is it cleaning up sins? doing a Mother Theresa? faithfully attending "church" every time the doors are open or is it something else entirely?
The goal is to L I V E.....and to LIVE more abundantly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity