Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
None of us, not one of us have claimed special knowledge from God.

Most everything in God comes down to hearing His voice. That is why the doctrine that says that God does not speak today is so insidious and dangerous. It attacks the very heart of our walk with God. If God does not speak then faith, specific obedience, and His direct involvement in our lives all falls apart. Faith, the Bible says, comes from hearing, and hearing comes from someone speaking, and that Someone is God.
This. Is. Reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 03:05 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Most everything in God comes down to hearing His voice. That is why the doctrine that says that God does not speak today is so insidious and dangerous. It attacks the very heart of our walk with God. If God does not speak then faith, specific obedience, and His direct involvement in our lives all falls apart. Faith, the Bible says, comes from hearing, and hearing comes from someone speaking, and that Someone is God.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no such thing as everlasting or eternal torment, so we are not speaking about the same God.
There is only one God. You called me a liar for saying you have made such comment, so I showed you where you said the exact thing.

I am sorry you cannot accept what Jesus taught, but it gives you no right to call Him a monster.

Man up and own your words, and stop making false accusations. It took me 5 seconds to find you saying what you denied saying.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-27-2018 at 05:06 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Sure they have. For example, they are calling God a monster, and when asked to explain, they say Christians do not worship the real God, they worship a false "perception". It is another way of saying Christians are actually pagans who worship a false god, an idol. They know the real god, we don't.

Such slander is special "knowledge" they come here to spew, and for whatever reason they are allowed to do it, even though it violates the forum rules. I asked Mystic to repeat his comments at the Judasism board, because his comments apply to Jewish god more than to any other god, but he refuses to do so, because he knows it won't fly there.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:08 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is only one God. You called me a liar for saying you have made such comment, so I showed you where you said the exact thing.

Man up and own your words, and stop making false accusations.
No. You are not talking about the same God and that's a huge part of the communication problem.

The Bible plainly speaks of other gods...people can follow the breadcrumbs to their God(s) by whatever It endorses and/or abhors.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No. You are not talking about the same God and that's a huge part of the communication problem.
Well, then the argument is that Christians are really not a Christians (followers of Christ), but pagans who worship false gods, while you worship a real God.

If thats the case, just say so. Why be so sly about it?

Old 09-27-2018, 05:14 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Sure they have. For example, they are calling God a monster, and when asked to explain, they say Christians do not worship the real God, they worship a false "perception". It is another way of saying Christians are actually pagans who worship a false god, an idol. They know the real god, we don't.

Such slander is special "knowledge" they come here to spew, and for whatever reason they are allowed to do it, even though it violates the forum rules. I asked Mystic to repeat his comments at the Judasism board, because his comments apply to Jewish god more than to any other god, but he refuses to do so, because he knows it won't fly there.

That isn't what I was referring to. I was referring to this quote. The bolded part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
A quick recap about posters and their ridicule of God’s Word...

Many claim that they receive “special knowledge” of godly things from a spirit that whispers them truths. Others proclaim they believe in parts of the Bible except major portions that they feel is wrong, corrupted, or immoral. These groups of individuals mock the Lord continually calling Him vile names and accusing Him of being immoral

Anyone who can reason know they are poisonous. Do not let them lead you to destruction.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
That isn't what I was referring to. I was referring to this quote. The bolded part.
You said none of you have claimed special knowledge from God, so I gave you an example of such claim.

If someone has knowledge that hundreds of millions of Christians follow a false god as opposed to Jesus Christ, then that kind of knowledge is as special as it gets.

Wouldn't you agree?

Old 09-27-2018, 05:28 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Well, then the argument is that Christians are really not a Christians (followers of Christ), but pagans who worship false gods, while you worship a real God.

If thats the case, just say so. Why be so sly about it?
I'm not saying anyone is worshipping any false Gods. One must do their own research to find that out for themselves. What I am saying is that tenets vary by Gods. And that some Gods are more jealous than others.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:41 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
You said none of you have claimed special knowledge from God, so I gave you an example of such claim.

If someone has knowledge that hundreds of millions of Christians follow a false god as opposed to Jesus Christ, then that kind of knowledge is as special as it gets.

Wouldn't you agree?

One more time:

WITHIN THE CONTEXT AND ONLY THE CONTEXT OF HEARING THE (HOLY) SPIRIT'S VOICE. NOTHING ELSE. THAT'S WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO. THAT IS ALL I WAS REFERRING TO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity