Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 12:33 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
The first lie told was in the Garden of Eden.
Most lies always resemble the truth, they hold to "aspects of Christianity"
Snake told Eve, well cunningly asked, "So he told you you could not eat of ALL of the fruit of the garden lest you die? sic.
Eve answered something akin to "Yes, we can eat of all of the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Snake responds- "Oh you surely will not die. In fact, you're eyes will be opened like God knowing Good and Evil.
Immediately after they eat, they hide from their Creator due to their shame of feeling naked.

Though that's been their state since existence.

Their bodies start decaying from then on out. Birth pains....sticker bushes, enviornment changed. Their inside and outs changed.
Then what happened? They died.

Though their eyes were opened knowing good and evil, but knowing it too much eh? costed them dearly. They didn't listen to THE WORD, Gods VERBAL word at that time to them. They listened to "aspects" of his word, aspects of what a Christian might believe. But not the full truth, the only truth, GODS word. Later written, earlier it was relayed verbally. Don't want to know Gods truth then per a Christian, you won't be set free from the damning effects of the law.

That was Gods First Law

Notice they felt wrong about a natural state of being. They felt wrong inside, a reaction to what is natural.
Being Naked suddenly felt shameful.
So our feelings of sexual doesn't always dictate our identity.
We can feel lots of sexual feelings for others we ought not, or things we ought not.
But it doesn't mean it is natural.

Actions is what matters, not feelings. Feelings never define us.

Christians are either Christians, aka set free, or they are not Christians, doomed to eternal destruction.
yes, for the most part, I agree wholeheartedly. yes, his words not just stick to the examples either of full-hearted or half-hearted examples in his word and since then.

because everything relevant to a story or history is recorded there.. ?the Spirit of His Wisdom searches out those stories and weighs or helps us weigh the story and the reactions of men in there....... but men actions may not have to do with a relationship with HIM.
Now His words and his promises have a relationship with Him, salvation is a relationship with him.. not what men did with or to his words. these examples of men reactions may be both good or bad relative in to their relationship with him . it certainly did not mean he condoned that action.

so what in truth is that the christian who denies the word is denying a relationship God created with men by those words and so in doing that denies their relationship with HIM/ while claiming his name...

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-21-2018 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
glad to hear that. Then I won't need to request again....you not get personal asking me personal questions eh? we can keep this debate to the topic at hand, in this forum appropriately designated for it.
You said in your posts that you are an atheist, which by definition means you do not believe in any god. You also stated in another thread that the God of the bible is the true God. I don't think asking you to explain the discrepancy is getting "personal".

Old 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM

605 posts, read 335,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
nX, the question of biblical infallibility and inerrancy has been addressed ad nauseum in this forum. Some are convinced one must accept the bible in totality or dismiss it completely (a basic fundamentalist mindset -- so if that is one's mindset, being called a fundamentalist should not be considered a problem. Own it, like BFun, does). Some are convinced that one should rely on the Spirit and nature of God to be discerning about the spirit of what has been written by men. Both of these groups identify as Christians, so why try to convince either one of them that they shouldn't?
There is no such word in the bible. I googled it. please refrain from the stereotyping and name calling and I will do the same.
No way am I going to be deceitful discussing things that are not truthful and fully based in the name of the topic of this forum. Silly. Nor will I do anything different regarding ANY Other religion I study. There is a truth out there, and no it will not be clouded, changed, nor will just "aspects of it" come from my mouth but what it teaches fully, and 100% correct to the best of my ability.

Hopefully if others see me posting scripture (truth) linked to my mis-understanding of it, please let me know. I thank you ahead.

If it isn't corrected, I'll assume you all agree.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes, for the most part, I agree wholeheartedly. yes, his words not just stick to the examples either of full-hearted or half-hearted examples in his word.

because everything relevant to a story or history is recorded there.. ?the Spirit of His Wisdom searches out those stories and weighs helps us weigh them..... but men actions may not have to do with a relationship with HIM. His words and his promises have a relationship with Him, salvation is a relationship with him.. not what men did with or to his words. these examples of men reactions may be both good or bad relative in to their relationship with him . it certainly did not mean he condoned that action.

so what in truth is that the christian who denies the word is denying a relationship God created with men and so in doing that denies their relationship with HIM/ while claiming his name...
In truth, a Christian who does not agree with you about the bible's infallibility and inerrancy, and also agrees with your belief that the bible IS the word, is what they say they are: a Christian.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
If it posts like a fundie -- it's a fundie.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
You said in your posts that you are an atheist, which by definition means you do not believe in any god. You also stated in another thread that the God of the bible is the true God. I don't think asking you to explain the discrepancy is getting "personal".
Do you want me to put it in my signature line, some disclaimer??

I am posting as a Christian would in the Christianity FORUM out of respect. So I can learn the truth. This may be it, it may not. I'll do the same in the other religions forums but it took years to learn this.

I've already asked you to debate the topic, not the person (me) thank you.

Don't get enmeshed in me..in order to avoid the topic at hand

Address the scripture verses behind the truth, aka the bible, aka where you find the definition of this forum aka a Christian. Show me where my belief in the WORD, GOD's Word, is in error.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/53699220-post101.html

Old 11-21-2018, 12:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:

I'll repeatedly cut and paste it for you if you want. You can re-fresh each time. I am not sure why this is such a stumbling block for you. It's just respect for the Christians in this forum and their truth source (bible). I've already asked you to debate the topic, not the person (me) thank you.
Signatures aren't allowed here. Even for fundies.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If it posts like a fundie -- it's a fundie.
If it posts attacking the individual instead of the topic at hand, well that speaks for itsel.

I know the bible is difficult to understand...my experience... but is there any way you can try to add to the topic of this discussion instead of adding strawmen?

Old 11-21-2018, 12:48 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
Quote:
In truth, a Christian who does not agree with you about the bible's infallibility and inerrancy, and also agrees with your belief that the bible IS the word, is what they say they are: a Christian.
I am speaking about the
"christians" on this site that would prefer that you burn the Book and that people never stepped inside of a church. .. which you have to admit there are more than a few such " Christians" here.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:

I am posting as a Christian would in the Christianity FORUM out of respect. So I can learn the truth. This may be it, it may not. I'll do the same in the other religions forums but it took years to learn this.

I've already asked you to debate the topic, not the person (me) thank you.

Don't get enmeshed in me..in order to avoid the topic at hand

Address the scripture verses behind the truth, aka the bible, aka where you find the definition of this forum aka a Christian. Show me where my belief in the WORD, GOD's Word, is in error.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/53699220-post101.html
Nope, no signature needed. A simple explanation of the discrepancy was all that was necessary. Thanks.
Since you're here to learn truth, here's something that should help: you are not posting as a Christian would … you are posting as particular type of Christian (a fundamentalist) would. Glad I could help you in your endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity