Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 06:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
HaShem simply means The Name And isn’t close to the unspeakable Name of G-d...
So, with respect, that would mean you know the unspeakable Name of God? You don't
find many that do on forums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
There is one and only true God and numerous false gods. If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God. How do we know the true God? Not only is He omnipotent and omnipresent, He is also omniscient. He knows everything. He knows what had happened and what will happen.

Jesus was the name the Archangel Gabriel given to Mary (Matthew 1:31): "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."
You'd have to be a satanist wouldn't you not to know there is one God...I mean this isn't Roman times BC.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:02 PM

88,532 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
HaShem simply means The Name And isn’t close to the unspeakable Name of G-d...
^I knew that!

I do like "Hashem", "The Name". It seems to best fit the God-concept of "I Am".

Old 11-03-2018, 08:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,402 times
The personal name of God was not given in the OT, only when he manifested in Person was his Name given. only his titles as to "WHAT" he is was given. supportive scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

shall is a future tense desigination. so from Isaiah forward, God PERSONAL name was not given.

from Adam to Moses and to Malachi only his "TITLES" as to "WHAT" he is was given. LORD, Spirit, Holy One, God ... ect.. identified "WHAT" he was as oppose to "WHO" he is in Name.

when Moses ask God "WHAT" is your name, God gave Moses just what he asked for, no more or less.

to understand the concept of Identity in Personal names, it's "WHAT" vs "WHO".

example. if I asked, "What is the first woman name". many would say "Eve" and you would be wrong. because I asked "WHAT" is the first woman name. the correct answer is ADAM. yes, Adam, because that's "WHAT" she is, an Adam. see Genesis 5:1 & 2. "EVE" is "WHO" she is in Personal name, see Genesis 3:20.

so when Moses ask God "WHAT" is his name, I AM THAT I AM is "WHAT" God is in Name as to "WHAT" he is, and NOT "WHO" he is in personal Name. big diffrence.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:08 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You know they are all a derivative of the unspeakable, unpronouncable Holy Name of God, right?
Imitations of the actual Sound...many more names or sounds are imitated in the East,
very similar to the above, because we could never use our mouths and vocal chords to say It.....right? Cuz it was before we existed....our tongues and mouths...and after we are gone It still will be... do they teach this in Christian Sunday Schools?

I know I heard Joyce Meyer and Dr. Myles Munroe speak of this understanding.
Joyce Meyer?

Ok, I will get past that to say that it never made a difference to me..........BUT O God Miss Hepburn, please tell me you don't listen to Joyce Meyer lol......

If there was ever a human being that went against my grain, it would be Joyce Meyer, in fact, My personal hell would be to have to listen to JM for 15 min, I can't even contemplate eternity. God would be proven to be too cruel, forget the fires, Joyce would be like tearing my skin off and making me eat it.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Re Joyce Meyer, I was surprised she actually talked about and explained the Yaaaahhhh-wwweeeey sound...in that, something 'like that' was the Name of God...and it developed into many other sounds.
I knew this. But I didn't know a Christian preacher knew this....and then I heard Dr. Munroe explain it slightly clearer.

I will never put down anyone preaching any where, because they are touching someone, someway..if they are not touching me...they have a purpose to bring whomever closer to God and clarity....if not you ...someone in those seats.
Many I click with, many are not for me personally. I happened to have walked out of a free Joyce M.
gathering in my city, if that, for some reason, makes you feel better, Hannie.

My point was that I'm not making this up....that Haaaaa-sssheeeem or Yaaahh-wweeeeyy are very good imitations we can make with our breath coming thru our mouths to sound like God's Holy Name.
I mean we are only human...trying to pronounce something that has no beginning..no end....is vibrating within all that exists....and is to be hallowed, indeed.

Why, you couldn't even imitate with your mouth the sound of a wave crashing onto a beach! You could try, tho.
That is what Aum, YHWY, Hashem, Jehovah are imitating....the Sound of His Name.
Even googling the Inner Sound Current....won't tell you that it has to do anything with His Name...
It's there everywhere....like a whisper. Be still...listen.
But, I believe this is too much new information for many.
It's not for everyone. And some are thinking I'm a mental patient, probably!

Old 11-04-2018, 03:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^I knew that!

I do like "Hashem", "The Name". It seems to best fit the God-concept of "I Am".
The G-d-concept isn’t “I Am”, it’s Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, Which means “I will be what I will be”...

Old 11-04-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
The personal name of God was not given in the OT, only when he manifested in Person was his Name given. only his titles as to "WHAT" he is was given. supportive scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

shall is a future tense desigination. so from Isaiah forward, God PERSONAL name was not given.

from Adam to Moses and to Malachi only his "TITLES" as to "WHAT" he is was given. LORD, Spirit, Holy One, God ... ect.. identified "WHAT" he was as oppose to "WHO" he is in Name.

when Moses ask God "WHAT" is your name, God gave Moses just what he asked for, no more or less.

to understand the concept of Identity in Personal names, it's "WHAT" vs "WHO".

example. if I asked, "What is the first woman name". many would say "Eve" and you would be wrong. because I asked "WHAT" is the first woman name. the correct answer is ADAM. yes, Adam, because that's "WHAT" she is, an Adam. see Genesis 5:1 & 2. "EVE" is "WHO" she is in Personal name, see Genesis 3:20.

so when Moses ask God "WHAT" is his name, I AM THAT I AM is "WHAT" God is in Name as to "WHAT" he is, and NOT "WHO" he is in personal Name. big diffrence.
How about, “what name to you go by?”...

Old 11-04-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Re Joyce Meyer, I was surprised she actually talked about and explained the Yaaaahhhh-wwweeeey sound...in that, something 'like that' was the Name of God...and it developed into many other sounds.
I knew this. But I didn't know a Christian preacher knew this....and then I heard Dr. Munroe explain it slightly clearer.

I will never put down anyone preaching any where, because they are touching someone, someway..if they are not touching me...they have a purpose to bring whomever closer to God and clarity....if not you ...someone in those seats.
Many I click with, many are not for me personally. I happened to have walked out of a free Joyce M.
gathering in my city, if that, for some reason, makes you feel better, Hannie.

My point was that I'm not making this up....that Haaaaa-sssheeeem or Yaaahh-wweeeeyy are very good imitations we can make with our breath coming thru our mouths to sound like God's Holy Name.
I mean we are only human...trying to pronounce something that has no beginning..no end....is vibrating within all that exists....and is to be hallowed, indeed.

Why, you couldn't even imitate with your mouth the sound of a wave crashing onto a beach! You could try, tho.
That is what Aum, YHWY, Hashem, Jehovah are imitating....the Sound of His Name.
Even googling the Inner Sound Current....won't tell you that it has to do anything with His Name...
It's there everywhere....like a whisper. Be still...listen.
But, I believe this is too much new information for many.
It's not for everyone. And some are thinking I'm a mental patient, probably!
But that’s the scandal lately, Preachers have been going around “touching” people too much...

Old 11-04-2018, 04:58 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,402 times
Quote:
The G-d-concept isn’t “I Am”, it’s Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, Which means “I will be what I will be”...
GINOLJC, to all.

First, if “I Am”, it’s Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, Which means “I will be what I will be” we ask, "is it a verb or a noun?". if a verb then it's not a personal name, for verb do not indicate PERSONAL NAMES.
H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v.
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
3. to come into being, i.e. to happen, to occur (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).

People listen up [b]H1961 הָיָה hayah or the tetragrammaton is a "VERB", not a "NOUN". this tells us without a doubt that this is not God PERSONAL NAME. you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that. verbs are NOT nouns. Personal Names are Nouns, not verbs.

Second, you are saying that Jesus is not God, just answer the question "WHO" made all things, reconcicile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24. God is our creator and maker. and it's only ONE GOD, meaning only "ONE PERSON".

if you cannot reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 then your statement, "Jesus is not God", is invalid.

Looking to see your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity