U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2018, 12:48 PM
 
17,524 posts, read 10,605,246 times
Reputation: 8431

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If it is truly 2040, how is it possible for us to recognize this?


Why did Jesus even bother saying that this day was something ONLY the father knew?


Point is, it seems a little too easy to figure out...?
You are right. We are told to keep in expectation, but not the date at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2018, 12:51 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If it is truly 2040, how is it possible for us to recognize this?


Why did Jesus even bother saying that this day was something ONLY the father knew?


Point is, it seems a little too easy to figure out...?

The Father is on the only one revealing it via the Holy Spirit. Look at Acts 1.


Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.



You see, until you receive the Holy Spirit you cannot know the times and season that the Father has put into His power.


The disciples would not receive that Power until the Day of Pentacost, after Jesus had risen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 12:57 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are right. We are told to keep in expectation, but not the date at all.

Can you show me where it states that? I'm presuming you are referring to Matthew 24:36 which doesn't say that. In fact the verb in no way says the date can EVER be known. The verb is in the Perfect tense in that verse. But if you find other verses then let me know because you will have a contradiction on your hand that shows we can know. Such as that in Act1 when the disciples receive the Holy Spirit and the Power of the Father in Heaven.


Or as was stated to the congregation in Sardis in Revelation 3 that He (Jesus) would come in an hour they didn't know if they didn't watch. Meaning that had that watched, He wouldn't come as a thief because they knew the hour.


Also, how that Jesus warned of not knowing the time of His visitation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 12:59 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
In 331 BC there Alexander the Great conquered the Persian Empire.


2300 years later (minus 70) is 2040AD. Why minus 70 you will ask? - because that is when Jerusalem was sovereign under the Hasmonean dynasty.


Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
Dan 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Last edited by HeWillCome2040; 11-15-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 01:08 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
'Corrected'?

Before the mention of Jeconiah, several medieval mss add Jehoiakim, in conformity with the genealogy in 1 Chr 3:15-16. But this alters the count of fourteen generations (v. 17).

This makes your point even more ridiculous - additions after Jeconiah and the fact that you now have contradictory mss that you then choose what is the best mss. Ridiculous indeed! What do the earliest mss read? You see later scribes understood the problem and did not correct anything based upon actual knowledge of the original facts but on their desire to rid the mss of problems. Get the story straight.

Bad choice of words on my part. It is correct in other Manuscripts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 05:07 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Reputation: 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post

<snip>

You see, until you receive the Holy Spirit you cannot know the times and season that the Father has put into His power.


The disciples would not receive that Power until the Day of Pentacost, after Jesus had risen.
I suppose since you [supposedly] know the time and the season, that you have received the Holy Spirit, but nobody else has.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 09:00 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I suppose since you [supposedly] know the time and the season, that you have received the Holy Spirit, but nobody else has.

I definitely want to hear your logic on why if I know the time and the season AND the Holy Spirit that it means nobody else has? Can you tell me what logic it is that you conclude such?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 07:22 AM
 
10,528 posts, read 2,687,692 times
Reputation: 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The Father is on the only one revealing it via the Holy Spirit. Look at Acts 1.


Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.



You see, until you receive the Holy Spirit you cannot know the times and season that the Father has put into His power.


The disciples would not receive that Power until the Day of Pentacost, after Jesus had risen.
Well...but I do know this now, because you have told me, and anyone else who reads this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 AM
 
1,259 posts, read 295,698 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well...but I do know this now, because you have told me, and anyone else who reads this post.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 01:11 PM
 
17,524 posts, read 10,605,246 times
Reputation: 8431
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Can you show me where it states that? I'm presuming you are referring to Matthew 24:36 which doesn't say that. In fact the verb in no way says the date can EVER be known. The verb is in the Perfect tense in that verse. But if you find other verses then let me know because you will have a contradiction on your hand that shows we can know. Such as that in Act1 when the disciples receive the Holy Spirit and the Power of the Father in Heaven.


Or as was stated to the congregation in Sardis in Revelation 3 that He (Jesus) would come in an hour they didn't know if they didn't watch. Meaning that had that watched, He wouldn't come as a thief because they knew the hour.


Also, how that Jesus warned of not knowing the time of His visitation.
Um, I never said we will ever know the date before it arrives.


We are to keep in expectation so we do not get distracted and drawn into Satan's world. That was Jesus direction for the last 1900 or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top