Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
That is an interesting statement. What did he say that you are doing? What did he say that you are not doing?
Jesus said Believe him, not believe in him. So what i am doing along the way is believing him, which takes you from a place of becoming to being. In saying that, does it make any difference to what Jesus said compared to what Drob says, if i am not doing what Jesus said?. Jesus did not say anything what Drob is saying(There is no comparison), but he did say, his disciplers were doers of the word. Becoming a doer is not for earning sake, but for becoming sake.

Here is 2 rapturous verses for you to think upon.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

The thoughts of a second coming(already happened at Pentecost) or a rapture ( a false doctrine) are thoughts i never entertain, neither is the gathering doctrine you believe in, which is basically born out of a belief of separation from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Totally different scenario. From Matthew Henry’s Commentary:

The world hated Jesus and was about to slay him, because he was not of the world. So it would hate the apostles, who were not of the world, and seek to slay them; he does not pray that they should be taken out of the world, for they have a work to do, but that the Father would keep them from the power of the evil one.

The rapture is removing the church before the tribulation.

“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. (Revelation 3:10)

Revelation 3:10 is referring to the church in Philadelphia who have a "little power, and have kept my word". That would be the "few", not the "many". The one who has "endured to the end, it is he who shall be saved" (Matthew 24:13). And what is being "saved", and who is "saved". (Jeremiah 30:7 & 11) It is "Jacob" who is "saved" in as much as "I will not destroy you completely", but "I will destroy completely all the nations where I have scattered you", such as written in Daniel 2:35 & 44-45. And how is one "saved", when the dead will rise, well, they go into their room and shut the door, until the wrath has passed (Isaiah 26:20).

New American Standard Bible Revelation 3:10
Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Jeremiah 30:7‘Alas! for that day is great,
There is none like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s distress,
But he will be saved from it.

8‘It shall come about on that day,’ declares the LORD of hosts, ‘that I will break his yoke from off their neck and will tear off their bonds; and strangers will no longer make them their slaves. 9‘But they shall serve the LORD their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.
10‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant,’ declares the LORD,
‘And do not be dismayed, O Israel;
For behold, I will save you from afar
And your offspring from the land of their captivity.
And Jacob will return and will be quiet and at ease,
And no one will make him afraid.
11‘For I am with you,’ declares the LORD, ‘to save you;
For I will destroy completely all the nations where I have scattered you,
Only I will not destroy you completely.
But I will chasten you justly
And will by no means leave you unpunished
.’

Isaiah 26:…19Your dead will live; their bodies will rise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust! For your dew is like the dew of the morning, and the earth will bring forth her dead. 20 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourselves a little while until the wrath has passed.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:41 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus said Believe him, not believe in him. So what i am doing along the way is believing him, which takes you from a place of becoming to being. In saying that, does it make any difference to what Jesus said compared to what Drob says, if i am not doing what Jesus said?. Jesus did not say anything what Drob is saying(There is no comparison), but he did say, his disciplers were doers of the word. Becoming a doer is not for earning sake, but for becoming sake.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

The thoughts of a second coming(already happened at Pentecost) or a rapture ( a false doctrine) are thoughts i never entertain, neither is the gathering doctrine you believe in, which is basically born out of a belief of separation from God.
Believing in the rapture and/or second coming (both future events) does not proclude one from growing in Christ.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:54 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Quote:
Believing in the rapture and/or second coming (both future events) does not proclude one from growing in Christ.
In a way, I think He could care less about what we believe or profess to believe. Only one question is asked by Him on judgement day,(hey, He's a busy guy.) That question will be what did you do with your life?

Pcamps, I agree about the rapture being a false doctrine but the 2nd coming at Pentecost? No way. Too many scriptures ignored for that one but I could be persuaded but so far no one has done it.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Quote:
Being a disciple of Jesus Christ is doing what he said.... These are his words not mine, your description of a disciple are your own words.

You didn't really answer my question. What are you doing, as regards to what "Jesus" said, and what are you not doing according to what he said? What you are thinking is somewhat irrelevant unless it leads to an action, such as actually "doing". As in regards to what he said, (Matthew 19:17), do you "keep the commandments", or are you as a follower of Paul, believe you have been "released from the Law"? Your quotes were from the false prophet Paul, not " Jesus". If you can't differentiate the two, I can see how you could be confused.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
In a way, I think He could care less about what we believe or profess to believe. Only one question is asked by Him on judgement day,(hey, He's a busy guy.) That question will be what did you do with your life?

Pcamps, I agree about the rapture being a false doctrine but the 2nd coming at Pentecost? No way. Too many scriptures ignored for that one but I could be persuaded but so far no one has done it.
When I was a Christian I came to understand there was no “second coming” (find that term in the Bible if you can ), but rather the individually experienced revelation of Christ within. I still see it that way.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:

The world hated Jesus and was about to slay him, because he was not of the world. So it would hate the apostles, who were not of the world, and seek to slay them; he does not pray that they should be taken out of the world, for they have a work to do, but that the Father would keep them from the power of the evil one.

“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. (Revelation 3:10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The "world" that hated Jesus and called for his execution, according to the bible, was the religious one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Sad, but true. The Romans executed him, as the Jews were an accomplice, wether they wanna hear it or not.
And there’s no reason to think the “world” that hates what Jesus represented isn’t still that of a religious mindset.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Well, you are judged by your deeds (Revelation 20:13) at the white throne judgment. But closer to home, if one is "deceived" by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", who was the Roman emperor Constantine, who instituted the Roman church, and you have his mark, well things will not go well for one (Revelation 14:10). Keep in mind, it is "those who dwell on the earth" who are not written in the book of life, from the foundation of the earth, who will be deceived. (Revelation 13:8 & 14). That would include the "many" of Matthew 7:13, not the "few".

Old 02-20-2019, 11:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:

You are mixing and blending Scripture to support your view; a doctrine of men.

Quote:
The "world" that hated Jesus and called for his execution, according to the bible, was the religious one.
Now, that's reality according to the Scriptures, but some people are delusional.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
And there’s no reason to think the “world” that hates what Jesus represented isn’t still that of a religious mindset.
The religions involved were the "harlot daughters of Babylon", which included the Jews, who worshiped the sun god Bel/Marduk, and the Romans, who worship the sun god Apollo/Sol Invictus/Bel, and the Constantine's "Christians" who worshipped the sun gold Sol Invictus (birthday on 25 December, whose day of worship is the day of the sun/Sunday), and the queen of heaven Ishtar/Easter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity