Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:36 PM

326 posts, read 1,107,628 times

Advertisements

This won't save you. ONLY JESUS and getting saved will!! Please check out this link and you will see what I am talking about!

CLICK HERE-----> Last Rites

Last edited by corking28; 04-10-2008 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: change color
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM

322 posts, read 737,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
This won't save you. ONLY JESUS and getting saved will!! Please check out this link and you will see what I am talking about!

CLICK HERE-----> Last Rites
Wow, powerfull stuff. It's somewhat amazing how some cults have created false doctrines to stear peoples attention away from reality. Cases in point--- Regardless of the life one lives, it'll be ok, just go to mass and confession. If that doesn't work, get the last rights. If that doesn't work,hey, notta problem. Someone can pray ya right on outta purgatory! And oh, I forgot, say a few hail marys just for good measure. If ya don't believe it, just ask the pope. After all, the dude claims to be infaliable. Oh sure. And by the way, does anyone have any beach front property in Arizona for sale?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Wow, powerfull stuff. It's somewhat amazing how some cults have created false doctrines to stear peoples attention away from reality. Cases in point--- Regardless of the life one lives, it'll be ok, just go to mass and confession. If that doesn't work, get the last rights. If that doesn't work,hey, notta problem. Someone can pray ya right on outta purgatory! And oh, I forgot, say a few hail marys just for good measure. If ya don't believe it, just ask the pope. After all, the dude claims to be infaliable. Oh sure. And by the way, does anyone have any beach front property in Arizona for sale?
What proof do you have? Speak to any dead people lately?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:00 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times
you are basing this on a cartoon?

Anointing of the Sick

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post

Anointing of the Sick

I've always liked Paul's advice to Timothy;

A glass of wine

Old 04-11-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
LOL! EXACTLY. I got saved 9/13/05 and felt the holy spirit enter me. My 25 years as a Catholic and I had no holy spirit. I was empty inside. I asked God why and he said "They know not my word but follow doctrine of man!" Now Jesus lives in me.and I am saved.
If that man in the cartoon would have accepted salvation when that lady gave him a tract he would have went to heaven. Instead he rejected the word of God, ripped it up and said he trusts in his priest OVER what the woman was trying to tell him. Unfortunately this little cartoon is a reality.
We need to repent, invite Jesus into our hearts and then FOLLOW his holy word, NOT MAN!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post

Anointing of the Sick
This cartoon is a reality. I am not saying all Catholics will perish, but many will. Jesus said "My people perish for a lack of knowledge."

Old 04-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
What proof do you have? Speak to any dead people lately?
We have all the proof in the word of God!!! If you read the New Testament you will see that the Catholoic church goes against the word of GOD!
freenewtestament.com

Please read it. That is our proof!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
IMO, this thread has turned into insults, inuendos, name calling, judgements and false statements about the Catholics, and other good folks on this forum who are as much Christian as any other of the many different denominations in Christianity..There is a right way and a wrong way to hold a debate..It should never turn into what this one and the other one has..

Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 PM

322 posts, read 737,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
IMO, this thread has turned into insults, inuendos, name calling, judgements and false statements about the Catholics, and other good folks on this forum who are as much Christian as any other of the many different denominations in Christianity..There is a right way and a wrong way to hold a debate..It should never turn into what this one and the other one has..
I've never attended a Catholic service, except for a short one at sea in the US navy back in 76. Corking was one for 25 years. If you want to know the truth about various Church groups, you would probally find fake Christians and at least a few false doctrines among most of them. I'm sure there are some true Christians among the Catholics, but I'm also convinced there are some false doctrines. I hate false doctrines, wether among the protestants, evangelicals, catholics, or who ever. JESUS is the Truth. Not you or me, or them, or they. JESUS is the Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity