Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 01:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If someone says they are Christian, I have no reason not to believe them. I do not quiz them to assure Christian compatibility.
For me the litmus test is believing 100% in the Nicene Creed.
There really is NO wiggle room there...until the Pope says...if you believe Jesus did such and such
you are a Christian. Or if you want to be like Jesus...

No one has changed the definition since 325 CE or AD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 01:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
There really is NO wiggle room there...until the Pope says...if you believe Jesus did such and such

If that works for you and makes you a Christian then you are Christian. Other Christians do not share your view. They are Christians, too.

When someone tells you they are Christian, do you quiz them on their beliefs? If they do not believe in the Creed what do you tell them then?

Old 06-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If that works for you and makes you a Christian then you are Christian. Other Christians do not share your view. They are Christians, too.

When someone tells you they are Christian, do you quiz them on their beliefs? If they do not believe in the Creed what do you tell them then?
Just sayin...did u know I can't/do not identify as a Christian?

There is no way I could....YET, I have so many Evangelical friends...and not one (how do I know? Cuz they all come to me) follows the precepts or instructions laid out so simply by Jesus...and lol,

that's why they come to me so screwed up in their lives...depression, anxiety galore, adultery...guilt for this and that up the wahsoo!
They simply do not follow most anything Jesus says to do!

Yet, they continue to be 'Christian'....and I am not, because I do not believe things on the Nicene Creed.

As I said...until there is a new definition laid down I can not call myself a Christian.....a man made title/definition/label.

But, I can honestly say you have never met in your live someone that follows Jesus's advice and message more than me.
And lemme tell you...if people did ...this would be a different world! Peace and contentment and charity and selflessness, galore!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2019, 03:17 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:

Quote:
Just sayin...did u know I can't/do not identify as a Christian?

There is no way I could....YET, I have so many Evangelical friends...and not one (how do I know? Cuz they all come to me) follows the precepts or instructions laid out so simply by Jesus...and lol,

that's why they come to me so screwed up in their lives...depression, anxiety galore, adultery...guilt for this and that up the wahsoo!
They simply do not follow most anything Jesus says to do!

Yet, they continue to be 'Christian'....and I am not, because I do not believe things on the Nicene Creed.

As I said...until there is a new definition laid down I can not call myself a Christian.....a man made title/definition/label.

But, I can honestly say you have never met in your live someone that follows Jesus's advice and message more than me.
And lemme tell you...if people did ...this would be a different world! Peace and contentment and charity and selflessness, galore!!!!!!
In essence you and me have a lot of things in common miss Hepburn, but i don’t believe it is as cut and dried as the nicene creed makes a Christian.....I believe that the nicene creed was introduced to fulfill prophecy about the institution of the RCC which is just a 12th of the nations predicted to come from Abraham

And Abraham is a father, not THE father - it goes further back to Noah ...... to Adam who was given the job of labelling/naming things

How I see it is that there is too much labelling on what is seen on the outside and emphasis on what is literally written in the scriptures, and not enough on what is on the inside and the meaning of the scriptures

So while I personally do not ascribe or belong to any of the physical churches I do have a belief in Christ

So while I think of myself as a believer in the Christ (the Messiah) it does not concern me that others may not see me as a Christian

Old 06-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
So while I think of myself as a believer in the Christ (the Messiah) it does not concern me that others may not see me as a Christian
Doesn't concern me at all, either...my relationship is
with (as was Jesus')-with our Dad.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:29 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Doesn't concern me at all, either...my relationship is
with (as was Jesus')-with our Dad.
Exactly!

Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
[quote=Meerkat2;55378030]In essence you and me have a lot of things in common miss Hepburn, but i don’t believe it is as cut and dried as the nicene creed makes a Christian.....I believe that the nicene creed was introduced to fulfill prophecy about the institution of the RCC which is just a 12th of the nations predicted to come from Abraham

And Abraham is a father, not THE father - it goes further back to Noah ...... to Adam who was given the job of labelling/naming things

How I see it is that there is too much labelling on what is seen on the outside and emphasis on what is literally written in the scriptures, and not enough on what is on the inside and the meaning of the scriptures

So while I personally do not ascribe or belong to any of the physical churches I do have a belief in Christ

So while I think of myself as a believer in the Christ (the Messiah) it does not concern me that others may not see me as a Christian[/QUOTE

I too believe in Christ, the chosen heir and successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, who is the God as chosen by our ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who told Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put 'MY WORDS' in his mouth, and he and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed 'MY WORDS' which he shall speak in 'MY NAME', I will punish, etc.

Did you think that Jesus was the Chosen heir and successor to the throne of the most High, and not the one whose words were spoken through the mouth of his servant, the man Jesus?

1st Timothy 1:1; “From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of “GOD OUR SAVIOUR” and Christ Jesus “OUR HOPE.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:41 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
In essence you and me have a lot of things in common miss Hepburn, but i don’t believe it is as cut and dried as the nicene creed makes a Christian.....I believe that the nicene creed was introduced to fulfill prophecy about the institution of the RCC which is just a 12th of the nations predicted to come from Abraham

I too believe in Christ, the chosen heir and successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, who is the God as chosen by our ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who told Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put 'MY WORDS' in his mouth, and he and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed 'MY WORDS' which he shall speak in 'MY NAME', I will punish, etc.

Did you think that Jesus was the Chosen heir and successor to the throne of the most High, and not the one whose words were spoken through the mouth of his servant, the man Jesus?

1st Timothy 1:1; “From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of “GOD OUR SAVIOUR” and Christ Jesus “OUR HOPE.
I give up. I have been trying to understand your view and where you are coming from, but either you do not want anyone to know or you simply do not know how to communicate it. I have a similar difficulty in communicating so this is not a criticism. I am genuinely trying to understand your view. WHO is the Christ you refer to if not Jesus? Are you a member of a known religion? If so what is it?

Old 06-11-2019, 01:14 AM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I give up. I have been trying to understand your view and where you are coming from, but either you do not want anyone to know or you simply do not know how to communicate it. I have a similar difficulty in communicating so this is not a criticism. I am genuinely trying to understand your view. WHO is the Christ you refer to if not Jesus? Are you a member of a known religion? If so what is it?

If you want to know CHRIST, the one who was anointed as the successor to the throne of The Most HIGH, 'IN THE CREATION,' who is the second Adam, The Son of Man, and the only begotten son of God, who is our Lord God and savior, then listen to his words as spoken through the prophet Jesus, who he chose from among the Israelites, and filled him with his spirit [HIS WORDS] and sent him to the people to speak HIS WORDS in HIS NAME.

It is the spirit that gives life, said the Lord through the mouth of his servant Jesus, and my WORDS are spirit.

Deuteronomy 18:18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put 'MY WORDS' in his mouth, and he and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed 'MY WORDS' which he shall speak in 'MY NAME', I will punish, etc.

When the Samaritan woman said to Jesus that she believed in the coming of the Messiah, the Lord our savior through the mouth of his servant Jesus said; He who speaks to you is he.

We must all pay the price for the sins of the flesh in which we the spirit/minds have developed, [Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God] and the Spiritual SON OF MAN, is the only one who can pay the death penalty for the sins of the body of mankind in which he develops.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:39 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
If you want to know CHRIST, the one who was anointed
I guess not. I give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity