Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 02:15 PM

9,707 posts, read 10,099,929 times

Advertisements

ufo are basically fallen angels , as what they do in the physical plane is spiritual , and not natural which man is used too ...... See believing in them as great and even some would worship them is considered sin to God , as God says people are deceived if they think they are of God , as they are nothing more than wicked fallen angels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 07:27 PM

16 posts, read 5,625 times
The named Jared means to descend or cast down this was Enoch’s father, Genesis 5:18-24. Many Bible scholars believe the meaning of Jared’s name is talking about fallen angel coming down to corrupt the human bloodline to the Messiah at the time of his (Jared) birth. But just suppose fallen angels came to earth again; for we see in Genesis 6:4 it happen once before, wouldn’t they come down as a more advanced race than the entire human race. I find it interesting that many in the ufo community refer to ashtar command as being the leaders to contact the human race; Judges 2:13; 10:6 who happened to be OT false god.

And while I believe I Corinthians 11:10; II Peter 2:4-5 and Jude 6 refer to the first incursion of angels into mingling in the human race I think the OT predicts one yet to come:
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Daniel 2:43
Who are the they who seek to mingle with men but not cleave? IMO fallen angels acting thru ufo trying to procreate with humans but failing.

So ufo would not hurt or help my faith one bit.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 3,118 times
Anyone interested in this topic should see the movie Signs (2002) keeping this key in mind: the invaders (apparently from space ) are demons.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:14 PM

421 posts, read 155,479 times
I watched a documentary on the Discovery Channel years ago that said that the chariot of fire that came for Elijah was really an alien ship.

It was somewhat silly, but interesting, nonetheless.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,508,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
How does the whole UFO (ET) thing effect your faith (if at all)?
Give your entire attention to what is going on right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:18 PM

64,148 posts, read 40,492,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedothek View Post
Anyone interested in this topic should see the movie Signs (2002) keeping this key in mind: the invaders (apparently from space ) are demons.
While the entire UFO debate has been characterized by extreme and irrational positions, we don't need to further entertain superstitious nonsense as well!

Old 05-31-2019, 11:31 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,192,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James 102365 View Post
The named Jared means to descend or cast down this was Enoch’s father, Genesis 5:18-24. Many Bible scholars believe the meaning of Jared’s name is talking about fallen angel coming down to corrupt the human bloodline to the Messiah at the time of his (Jared) birth. But just suppose fallen angels came to earth again; for we see in Genesis 6:4 it happen once before, wouldn’t they come down as a more advanced race than the entire human race. I find it interesting that many in the ufo community refer to ashtar command as being the leaders to contact the human race; Judges 2:13; 10:6 who happened to be OT false god.

And while I believe I Corinthians 11:10; II Peter 2:4-5 and Jude 6 refer to the first incursion of angels into mingling in the human race I think the OT predicts one yet to come:
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. Daniel 2:43
Who are the they who seek to mingle with men but not cleave? IMO fallen angels acting thru ufo trying to procreate with humans but failing.

So ufo would not hurt or help my faith one bit.
Rashi:

that they will mingle with the seed of men: They will intermarry with the other nations but they will not be at peace and truly cleave to them wholeheartedly, and their laws will differ from the laws of the other nations.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:46 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,039,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
While the entire UFO debate has been characterized by extreme and irrational positions, we don't need to further entertain superstitious nonsense as well!
Is that your gentle way of telling the poster to drop that line of thinking or to at least take her/his queries elsewhere?

Old 06-01-2019, 05:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,136,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedothek View Post
I own the DVD. What I always took away from the film was Mel Gibson walking away from his belief in Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I watched a documentary on the Discovery Channel years ago that said that the chariot of fire that came for Elijah was really an alien ship.

It was somewhat silly, but interesting, nonetheless.

Is that what the book "And the Truth Shall Set You Free..." is all about?

Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 AM

1,146 posts, read 655,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Asking Christians:

There is a new documentary coming out soon and Tucker Carlson has been reporting on this as well.

How does the whole UFO (ET) thing effect your faith (if at all)?
There is overwhelming evidence to support faith in Christ Jesus as God and the fountain of immortal life.
There is overwhelming evidence to prove the love and kindness of God toward humanity.

There is NO evidence to support the contention that ETs are concerned about our daily lives or that they display friendly actions toward humans at all - ever.

Consider what we DO know about ETs. Consider the facts.

They tease.
Observations of UFO activity in the atmosphere, defined as close encounters of the first kind, generally reflect a quality of teasing. They hang around just long enough to get attention and then refuse contact or ANY demonstration of kindly attitude. When they're done teasing they fly away. They tease humans the way humans tease a dog or cat. They even use flashy lights to tease us just as we use flashy lasers to tease our pets. Think about it.......

They are toxic.
Contact with UFOs on the ground, a close encounter of the second kind, usually results in burns, skin deformations and measurable damage to the environment (usually in the form of radiation exposure).

They are Perverse.
A close encounter of the third kind usually results in abduction of humans. Testimony of those who claim to have been abducted suggest an abnormal fixation with sexual experimentation or perverse contact of a sexual nature. In human terms this is called rape.

Consider the FACTS. ET is NOT friendly. ET is dangerous. ET is a perverted sexual deviant.

There are numerous instances where humans have been saved by animals. Dogs and cats have saved their owners from various forms of danger. Porpoises have been known to save humans from drowning. The Bible claims that God has used birds and donkeys to feed and save humans from starvation or danger. Angels have performed many acts of kindness and deliverance from hardship and danger.

There is absolutely NO recorded evidence of any ET EVER helping a human out of trouble. None whatsoever.

How does this affect my faith?

I think ET needs to repent and seek salvation in Jesus' name.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity