Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:12 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
- Adolph Hitler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 06:19 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
How fortunate for priests, rabbi's..... that the people they administer don't think.
- TLA 1Sam15

Old 06-08-2019, 06:22 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
why would it? God made the universe. Including any life that exists in it.
It is amazing to me how many books, pseudo-documentaries, TV shows and movies are created based on ZERO evidence of intelligent life on other planets.

To date the only points which the uninformed masses of humanity can stand on are conjecture, rumor and baseless statistics. Every statistic known to serious men and women is based upon counted facts. No assumptions can be based upon a complete lack of evidence.

Staring at the sky on a warm summer night reveals countless points of light. It is pure fantasy to assume someone is on one of those points looking back. Facts are the basis of civilization and scientific fact. Imagination is the basis for Hollywood stories.

It is also amazing how many fools are willing to admit to a belief in extraterrestrial life without any evidence at all, but who also deny the evidence of the Almighty God for which there is abundant evidence.

What a fool believes, no wise man can reason away.
- WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES song of the year 1980 Doobie Brothers.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 06-08-2019, 08:05 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
It is amazing to me how many books, pseudo-documentaries, TV shows and movies are created based on ZERO evidence of intelligent life on other planets.

To date the only points which the uninformed masses of humanity can stand on are conjecture, rumor and baseless statistics. Every statistic known to serious men and women is based upon counted facts. No assumptions can be based upon a complete lack of evidence.

Staring at the sky on a warm summer night reveals countless points of light. It is pure fantasy to assume someone is on one of those points looking back. Facts are the basis of civilization and scientific fact. Imagination is the basis for Hollywood stories.

It is also amazing how many fools are willing to admit to a belief in extraterrestrial life without any evidence at all, but who also deny the evidence of the Almighty God for which there is abundant evidence.

What a fool believes, no wise man can reason away.
- WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES song of the year 1980 Doobie Brothers.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Those ''points of light'' are stars, many of which are class G2V stars like our own sun. The majority of stars which have been observed have planets orbiting them. That life of some sort could have evolved on other planets with conditions suitable for the development of life is entirely possible. No 'fantasy' required.

Last edited by Michael Way; 06-08-2019 at 08:21 AM..

Old 06-08-2019, 09:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
George Carlin was raised as a Catholic and attended Catholic schools, but, in his adult life, he was an outspoken atheist. If you have ay doubt about it, ask his daughter Kelly. She makes that clear. I never heard of him describing himself as a "born again Catholic."
I heard him refer to himself as a "recovering catholic". I think that's what the person was referring to. Just a Freudian slip is my guess.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
The Extra Terrestrials are true. The spirit of Ama said that the good people will be allowed to enter the spacecraft and those that are bad will not be allowed. They will be returned to Earth afterwards. When they returned, they will be born to new mothers. That means, they were already dead when they are taken in. So now, we have to be good, so that when we die, we are already good.

The spirit of Ana, is a demon, plain and simple. The Nephalim are the fallen angels, and NOTHING they say can be trusted, the devils are liars. And they've got it backwards; they don't have access to those covered in the blood of the Lamb. I know, I met one. Blessings....

Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think I saw them over my city, St. Paul, a couple times within the last year. I was east of the city, finishing my shift, and I saw three like dots, south of the city. As I drove on the freewaywestbound, towards St. Paul, the three dots moved north, and the closer I got to downtown they had moved even further. I took pictures of them (I have them on my phone).

I thought might have been drones or something but they had moved too far, too fast, I concluded, to be drones. It was kind of trippy for sure.

And I'm being serious - it looked like something very strange.

Whatever the source, for sure their impossible speeds and instant turns, are really astounding, aren't they?

Old 06-08-2019, 03:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The spirit of Ana, is a demon, plain and simple. The Nephalim are the fallen angels, and NOTHING they say can be trusted, the devils are liars. And they've got it backwards; they don't have access to those covered in the blood of the Lamb. I know, I met one. Blessings....
People who believe in demons are a danger to themselves and others, plain and simple.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:42 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
People who believe in demons are a danger to themselves and others, plain and simple.
Well since it is not illegal in the U.S. yet, you can only try to shame those posters into silence or ask that they take those types of discussions elsewhere.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Well since it is not illegal in the U.S. yet, you can only try to shame those posters into silence or ask that they take those types of discussions elsewhere.
I hope one day you find a semblance of a life beyond pointing fingers at everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity