Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 07:58 PM

3,220 posts, read 928,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I Charlie Brown you.
I Lucy you, Charlie Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 12:35 AM

3,061 posts, read 917,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I Lucy you, Charlie Brown.
I wonder why this thread is called; "The Mentally Unstable Christian?'

Old 01-12-2021, 12:55 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
this is 9:01 minute video from Paul Washer. the video and others can be found on the facebook.com link enclosed in the address of this video. in this video, Paul Washer discusses the nature of the Christian who preaches Christ according to the Bible.

the opening line states: "in the west, what's happening is that they are redefining Christianity as love without truth. so whenever a man, a Christian, speaks the truth in love, he is automatically, somewhat cast out of Christianity. he's not really labled a Christian..." you can take it from there.

https://www.facebook.com/ReformedChr...58896514173123
It's how the whole world has gone politically correct in religion. I should say.that all the Christian's in here deny the truth, and they have to deny the truth or change religions. When you begin with a lie and then build your whole foundation on a lie, there can be no truth. Today's Christian's have nothing in common with the first Christians, two wholley different religions, two wholley different set of Sabbaths and feasts with two wholley different Messiahs, one Jewish and one Gentile.

One lawful, one lawless.

For a Christian to pretend he is in the same religion as Christ as the first Christian's, that is reaching so far that you can't see the end, and no matter how you lay the facts out, the Christian still thinks he is under the covenant Jesus brought when he couldn't be further away.

That's the greatest trick of evil, Christian dont need to be born again because they think they already are, Christian's dont need to convert to the religion of Jesus because they think they are already in it.

It's very sad, but when you build upon a lie, that is how it is.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 255 times
Hi I am new here.

I just discovered this site, and I was wondering what you all think about this passage that touches on some of the topics that have been discussed in this thread?

Revelation 14:6 "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

And by the way, I love Paul Washer! I especially love his sermon that he preached in 2002 at the Youth Evangelism Conference in Montgomery, AL. https://youtu.be/uuabITeO4l8

We are living in such a time that we must be very alert and prayerful! And only through Christ in us can we be faithful unto the very End! Amen! Which is my prayer for those who love God too!

Take care,
C. Read

Old 01-13-2021, 04:04 AM

7,597 posts, read 4,173,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
this is 9:01 minute video from Paul Washer. the video and others can be found on the facebook.com link enclosed in the address of this video. in this video, Paul Washer discusses the nature of the Christian who preaches Christ according to the Bible.

the opening line states: "in the west, what's happening is that they are redefining Christianity as love without truth. so whenever a man, a Christian, speaks the truth in love, he is automatically, somewhat cast out of Christianity. he's not really labled a Christian..." you can take it from there.

https://www.facebook.com/ReformedChr...58896514173123
Christianity has definitely taken a different direction but I have never heard it described as love without truth. That is conceptual and I need more explanation to its meaning. "Truth in love" is also something that needs a bit more explanation.

What I have read is that truth and trust are related. Love and belief are related through the "lief" part. If I try to understand the phrases in this way and replace the word truth with the word trust, it will read like this: "Love without truth" is now "love without trust".
"Truth in love" is now "trust in love."

If I replace love with belief, it will read as follows:
"Love without truth" is now "belief without truth".
"Truth in love" is now "truth in belief."

I find belief and trust to be words that are a bit more observable than truth or love. There have been situations where a person claimed they loved me but I didn't feel loved. The same with the truth. A person said something was the truth but it didn't look like truth to me.

However, when a person believes or trusts me, my impression is that I know what that looks like and feels like. We are both on the same page.

My interest in this topic as a non-believer is how my Christian family viewed me as a child. I was very curious and wouldn't take "That's God's plan" as an answer. We did not have a good relationship and I was singled out. Now I wonder if my lack of belief, my lack in trust in them and their beliefs, resulted in them not feeling loved by me or perhaps it resulted in them not loving me in the way they knew how.

Last edited by elyn02; 01-13-2021 at 04:18 AM..

Old 01-13-2021, 07:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
I wonder why this thread is called; "The Mentally Unstable Christian?'
LOL

Old 01-13-2021, 08:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I would never cast you out BF. And I don't want you to stop saying what you believe. How stagnant and fetid would our country become if people didn't have the right to express their opinions and let anyone who is listening determine for themselves the merit of what is being offered?
It's being done in huge numbers right now. Maybe not you, but the cancel culture is going crazy right now.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:47 AM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's being done in huge numbers right now. Maybe not you, but the cancel culture is going crazy right now.
If you and those like you backed off from your Holier-than-thou beliefs about God and stopped trying to legislate morality through the laws, the cancel culture zealots would have nothing to try to cancel.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:04 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Very true. And I hope that most people can see the danger in that.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:05 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you and those like you backed off from your Holier-than-thou beliefs about God and stopped trying to legislate morality through the laws, the cancel culture zealots would have nothing to try to cancel.
I disagree. The zealots will always find something/someone to try to cancel until they look within and find out what their real motivation is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity