Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 10:21 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,487 times

Advertisements

this is 9:01 minute video from Paul Washer. the video and others can be found on the facebook.com link enclosed in the address of this video. in this video, Paul Washer discusses the nature of the Christian who preaches Christ according to the Bible.

the opening line states: "in the west, what's happening is that they are redefining Christianity as love without truth. so whenever a man, a Christian, speaks the truth in love, he is automatically, somewhat cast out of Christianity. he's not really labled a Christian..." you can take it from there.

https://www.facebook.com/ReformedChr...58896514173123
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 10:56 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
I just listened to it. It's a good video though he was perhaps a bit overly dramatic in his presentation. But yes, the world hates Christ. Even many Christians reject a Jesus who judges and only want a Jesus who loves. But Jesus spoke of a coming judgement on the world. The biblical Jesus came the first time to die for the sins of the world. But when he returns, he will judge the nations, and then at the great white throne judgement one thousand years later, he will send all whose names are not in the book of life to the lake of fire/outer darkness where they will remain forever.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:31 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In the fallen church of Christian which may be like Universalism which take an exaggeration form of the love of God which rejects that God is just ....... So the true believers in Christ are rejected in the world, as the corrupt devil take some people out of the truth of Jesus Christ with the itchy ears to like the false teaching ......... Still I don't like Facebook or Twitter as the social media is changing to the worst in these days, so I have never seen the video.......

Old 01-05-2021, 04:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I just listened to it. It's a good video though he was perhaps a bit overly dramatic in his presentation. But yes, the world hates Christ. Even many Christians reject a Jesus who judges and only want a Jesus who loves. But Jesus spoke of a coming judgement on the world. The biblical Jesus came the first time to die for the sins of the world. But when he returns, he will judge the nations, and then at the great white throne judgement one thousand years later, he will send all whose names are not in the book of life to the lake of fire/outer darkness where they will remain forever.
Talk about overly dramatic....

Old 01-06-2021, 06:43 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
this is 9:01 minute video from Paul Washer. the video and others can be found on the facebook.com link enclosed in the address of this video. in this video, Paul Washer discusses the nature of the Christian who preaches Christ according to the Bible.

the opening line states: "in the west, what's happening is that they are redefining Christianity as love without truth. so whenever a man, a Christian, speaks the truth in love, he is automatically, somewhat cast out of Christianity. he's not really labled a Christian..." you can take it from there.

https://www.facebook.com/ReformedChr...58896514173123

I fully agree with this. People who preach Jesus' message, and who teach who he is, is not usually referred to as Christians, but keep in mind who do the labeling sir, it is usually those who refer to themselves as Christians.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
That's typical Paul Washer. Dramatic, convicting. And he's right. In America anyone who doesn't agree with what the culture believes is cast out.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:43 AM

332 posts, read 220,113 times
Folks don't want to offend others. Truth is redefined to fit the vain imagination. Lets face it, folks love praise. We have become praise folks. Even here on city data. Like what folks thinks matters. I care only what God thinks of me. I really could care less what any persons thinks or cares of me. I give truth , the whole counsel of God.

Don't like it, to bad. leave

Old 01-09-2021, 09:32 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
I've had a thought about those teaching/preaching a God/Christ of Love without Truth or Justice.

Jesus said that in the last days, many false Christs would come. Many think this means people claiming to be Christ or deity such as Korresh, Moon and others.

I suppose there is something to that, however, I believe the "false Christs" he was speaking of are those evident in today's world. They teach love without Justice, heaven without hell, automatic/universal salvation and many other false doctrines and 'Christs'. These folks will not 'endure sound doctrine' and their 'itching ears seek after every new wind of doctrine.'

Old 01-09-2021, 10:27 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Many liberals see Christians as mentally unstable, so Christians need to pray for the lost people so there will be a place for Christians in the world

Old 01-09-2021, 12:05 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I've had a thought about those teaching/preaching a God/Christ of Love without Truth or Justice.

Jesus said that in the last days, many false Christs would come. Many think this means people claiming to be Christ or deity such as Korresh, Moon and others.

I suppose there is something to that, however, I believe the "false Christs" he was speaking of are those evident in today's world. They teach love without Justice, heaven without hell, automatic/universal salvation and many other false doctrines and 'Christs'. These folks will not 'endure sound doctrine' and their 'itching ears seek after every new wind of doctrine.'
I simply cannot see HOW you can believe that Jesus who endured the brutality and cruelty of an abominably UNJUST scourging and crucifixion while loving even His torturers and murderers would ever condone the corrupt and evil idea of eternal torture as in any way an exercise of Justice. It is clear that you apply no reason, logic, or rationality to your acceptance of what you THINK is sound doctrine in the "precepts and doctrines of men" you blindly accept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity