Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 PM

105 posts, read 351,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I just hope that you've been really set free from your old belief of salvation by works - by witnessing... and that is not what is driving you.

From your various posts, I believe there may be a word here for you. I hope you receive my post in the spirit intended... totally in love and with your best in mind.

I just want you to experience total release from all bondage that might still hold you captive... to know freedom in Christ.

God Bless You!

goodnight~
Thank you for your kindness and concern. However, to reassure you (so that you dont think you're talking to someone who is a believer in the JW doctrine), I'd like to just reiterate with you guys who I am:
I believe in predestination, the JW's dont.
I believe Jesus is God, the JW's dont.
I believe that salvation is NOT by works, but rather it is a free gift. the JW's dont.
I believe that no man can come to the Father unless the Spirit draws them.
I believe salvation can NOT be lost if one's name is written in the Book of Life and chosen by God from before they were born to be one of His 'elect'; the JW's dont.
I believe in hell. the JW's dont.
I believe in I should have been allowed to talk to my grandma and grandpa for the 1st 15 years of my life even though my grandma got kicked out of the JW's for smoking.. the JW's dont.

What the JW's taught/believe that I still believe:
That God in heaven has a name and it is Jehovah. (Though I also believe Jesus is God...)
I still believe that the demons are alive and kicking.
I still believe that there are no dead people capable of comminicating with us; I believe they are all demons who manifest themselves as dead relatives (sorry to those who disagree, I just haven't found proof that I am wrong on this).
I still believe that the Lord punishes us if we disobey Him.
I still believe that Satan can transform himself into an angel of light.

And that's pretty much it. If anyone objects to the things that I still believe (that the JW's also believe), please feel free to comment.

Thanks everyone, for forgiving me that I have babbled so much! I know some of my posts were long and may have been boring. Sometimes, I get a little carried away so as to make sure I dot all the i's and cross all the t's, as my dad taught me to do from an early age. (He rambles too, God bless him! hehehe)

Last edited by AmbassadorNY; 05-15-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: text error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 07:53 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
AmbassadorNY,

I understand that you are no longer a practicing JW. I never doubted it.

While everything you've shared is interesting and informative, I have no desire to read the WatchTower's information on their site. I prefer to learn about Truth for the sake of knowing Jesus and becoming more like Him.... from faith to faith... for the sheer joy of knowing Him. While knowledge is good, it won't save us... it's the Spirit that gives life!

I hope that I didn't in any way offend you with my suggestion. I still hope you'll pray about it.

I hope you find a strong, vibrant, Bible believing church to attend (you said you were looking, right?)

God bless you!

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-16-2008 at 08:01 AM..

Old 05-16-2008, 12:09 PM

105 posts, read 351,767 times
I understand, WC. Thank you, and I don't blame you. Sorry for the long threads..

Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbassadorNY View Post
I understand, WC. Thank you, and I don't blame you. Sorry for the long threads..
Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong.

But, out of the abundance of our hearts... I believe your posts reveal what you're meditating on in your heart.

I just want you to really be free from the JW's!

your friend in Christ!

WC

Old 01-27-2009, 06:03 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbassadorNY View Post
Oh, and they predicted Armegeddon in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1975. None of their predictions came true. And they said "When we speak, God speaks.", therefore, they are calling God a liar. They also said God is the editor of the Watchtower, which I suppose meant that they were saying God lies.

False prophecies are just the beginning.
To say they are the voice of God and then come to the realization that they falsely prophecied is a downright abomination as far as I'm concerned. But they did it over, and over, and over (make false prophecies).
Yea, I am studing on Jw, because when they come to my door, I will glady welcome them in, and teach them about Jesus. They believe that Jesus is Michael the angel, that he is not God, that you are saved through your works, not to mention Johannes Greber who was married to a medium, and all of the false predictions that they have made. If there predictions was from God, then they would have come true. I respect them and will welcome them into my home for a debate. I don't like to give my opinion when it comes down to proving God's word, I just go to scripture.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yea, I am studing on Jw, because when they come to my door, I will glady welcome them in, and teach them about Jesus. They believe that Jesus is Michael the angel, that he is not God, that you are saved through your works, not to mention Johannes Greber who was married to a medium, and all of the false predictions that they have made. If there predictions was from God, then they would have come true. I respect them and will welcome them into my home for a debate. I don't like to give my opinion when it comes down to proving God's word, I just go to scripture.
2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Just imagine, that could be a soul won to Christ. Someone took their time to tell you about God, and Jesus commanded us to go out and finish his mission. If you are grounded in your faith and you are truely concerned about winning people to christ, then you will want to share your faith with them.

What would Jesus do? Jesus went and helped the people that we normally would not help. So, that says alot about the people in this day and age. I am no better than anyone else, and I will share my faith, even with people that are in cults, why, because they have a soul, and thinking about someone's soul burning in hell is upsetting. Jesus went to the worst of them, and extended his love to them, because he is love and he commanded us to love one another, not just Christians or people that look like us, or the people that we hang around, everyone. So, maybe this is just me, but God wants us to be like Christ daily, and that does not mean helping only the people that we feel deserves it. You have to be grounded in your faith to witness to someone who believes in another faith, if not they will have you looking crazy. So, I care about finishing Christ Mission, and that means going to everyone, and witnessing to people that come into my life, or my path. It may take you only minutes to tell them about Christ, but they will have God forever. People need to be more sincere and relize that we were not all saved. Someone took the time to tell us about God, and now we need to take the time to tell others about God, and tell them about The Wonderful God We Serve. You know that it is all about God anyway, not us.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-29-2009 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: text error

Old 01-29-2009, 02:52 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Sounds like they've made a choice...is beating them up about it the way we are taught to approach others.

Let your light so shine, that them seeing your good works, shall glorify your Father in Heaven.

godspeed,

freedom
You'd rather this truth be covered up? Typical of fundamentalists I think...

Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Just imagine, that could be a soul won to Christ. Someone took their time to tell you about God, and Jesus commanded us to go out and finish his mission. If you are grounded in your faith and you are truely concerned about winning people to christ, then you will want to share your faith with them.

What would Jesus do? Jesus went and helped the people that we normally would not help. So, that says alot about the people in this day and age. I am no better than anyone else, and I will share my faith, even with people that are in cults, why, because they have a soul, and thinking about someone's soul burning in hell is upsetting. Jesus went to the worst of them, and extended his love to them, because he is love and he commanded us to love one another, not just Christians or people that look like us, or the people that we hang around, everyone. So, maybe this is just me, but God wants us to be like Christ daily, and that does not mean helping only the people that we feel deserves it. You have to be grounded in your faith to witness to someone who believes in another faith, if not they will have you looking crazy. So, I care about finishing Christ Mission, and that means going to everyone, and witnessing to people that come into my life, or my path. It may take you only minutes to tell them about Christ, but they will have God forever. People need to be more sincere and relize that we were not all saved. Someone took the time to tell us about God, and now we need to take the time to tell others about God, and tell them about The Wonderful God We Serve. You know that it is all about God anyway, not us.
Shawn, I realize your heart is sincere and you truly want to win them over to Christ, but please be careful, these people have een thoroughly taught to manipulate conversations and could quite possibly have you believing things you never ever thought you would. All it takes is for them to gain an inch, and they will use that to their advantage.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Shawn, I realize your heart is sincere and you truly want to win them over to Christ, but please be careful, these people have een thoroughly taught to manipulate conversations and could quite possibly have you believing things you never ever thought you would. All it takes is for them to gain an inch, and they will use that to their advantage.
Yea, I understand what cults do, they try to draw you in. That is why I am making sure that I am grounded and really know what I'm talking about. But one thing I learn that if you really love Jesus, and want to stay with him, noone can take you away from him. If you leave him, then they never went to him in the first place. Thank you for the encouragement, and I do understand their are just some situations that God would not allow me to be in. So, that is why I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me, and direct me, and if he knows something that I don't and tell me to leave that person alone, you better know I'm stepping with the Holy Ghost. Once again thank you.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-29-2009 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: text error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity