Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 09:59 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Solution: Don't listen to anyone but yourself, in direct communication with God and the Holy Spirit, under direct reading of the Gospels. You don't need anyone or anything else.
yup to many people sit under to many teachers and wait for them to tell them what to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 10:29 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
It does confirm the creation story, just not your understanding of the creation story. you are already on record saying you do not believe in the biblical kind and now on record that you do not believe the scriptures when they say it is history.

What does science tell us? it tells us that life sprang fully formed with no ancestors.

yup it is called ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of truth. Where do we find truth? well according to the scriptures we find it in them, a stable foundation that never moves. it is a rock, science is sifting sand.
Most people understand that science does not confirm the creation story and this is one reason why people have an issue with the Bible and with Christianity.

And you are inconsistent. On the one hand you imply that you shouldn't ground yourself in science because it is always changing but then on the other hand you desperately attempt to reconcile science with the creation account. If you believe that God created Adam as a fully formed adult and that Eve was built out of one of Adam's ribs - this is part of the creation story - and that science confirms this then you are sadly out of touch with reality.

The creation story is not history. It belongs to the genre of primordial history which is not actual history but has to do with myth.

And I make no apology for saying that the biblical creation and flood stories are not history. They didn't happen. Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
no Idea I don't follow ra like you do, i just remember him saying it.
Then you just wasted people's time making a claim that you can't back up. I have no problem with Aron Ra not accepting the big bang if that's actually what he said. As I said, even some cosmologists don't accept it. But it is not too much to expect that someone making a claim be prepared to provide proof for their claim.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Solution: Don't listen to anyone but yourself, in direct communication with God and the Holy Spirit, under direct reading of the Gospels. You don't need anyone or anything else. Idiots are rampant everywhere and in the church. Save yourself lots of trouble.
If you prefer to remain ignorant then yes, don't listen to anyone but yourself.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:35 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
If you prefer to remain ignorant then yes, don't listen to anyone but yourself.
If you prefer to remain ignorant then yes, listen to everyone but yourself and what is within.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
If you prefer to remain ignorant then yes, listen to everyone but yourself and what is within.
If your viewpoint were followed we would still be as ignorant as those who lived in the stone-age.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:10 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
I tuned in a bit late and he was saying that he didn't have much of a science background but he had read some book by someone whose name he had already given so I didn't catch the name, but it was some anti-evolution book which he had read three times and he (a guy who admitted that he didn't have much of a science background) said that the science in the book against evolution was absolutely rock solid (No, is isn't). But then he said, ''And by the way, did you know that the latest evidence from the Webb telescope is that there was no big bang''? Then in a smug voice he said, ''Really! I never would have guessed.'' And that had me doing this -

NO!!!!! That is not the evidence from the Webb telescope. Astronomers are not panicking over anything that the Webb telescope has shown and they are not now doubting the big bang (except for those who never held to the big bang model in the first place). That is internet click bait misinformation which some people (young earth creationists) are only too eager to accept as a fact. But it is not a fact. The big bang model is not in doubt by any astronomer who previously accepted it as valid.

I turned the broadcast off and am going to take a shower and go workout at the gym.

Good grief!!!
I found that science covers only physical aspecs, and as some
scientists admit , know less than 5% of what there is to know...
Science by definition does not deal with metaphysics. Spiritual science designed to be soubject of evolution of conscience and can not be explained with scientific means alone.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
I found that science covers only physical aspecs, and as some
scientists admit , know less than 5% of what there is to know...
Science by definition does not deal with metaphysics. Spiritual science designed to be soubject of evolution of conscience and can not be explained with scientific means alone.
What does this have to do with the big bang model or of the age of the earth?

Old 08-29-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Most people understand that science does not confirm the creation story and this is one reason why people have an issue with the Bible and with Christianity.
most people don't study the bible they just take what someone tells them to be the truth.

Quote:
And you are inconsistent. On the one hand you imply that you shouldn't ground yourself in science because it is always changing but then on the other hand you desperately attempt to reconcile science with the creation account. If you believe that God created Adam as a fully formed adult and that Eve was built out of one of Adam's ribs - this is part of the creation story - and that science confirms this then you are sadly out of touch with reality.
My foundation is scripture and I cannot help it if science backs up what the scriptures are saying. after all scripture tells us that we can understand God by that which he made. thus they should line up.

The evidence is there for the conformation but secularist only surface read the scriptures and have no understanding what they are actually saying. You simply take the secularist approach and can't be bothered studying those scriptures for yourself. You wait for others to tell you what to believe, if it is not secular science, it your scholars and their ANE pagan view.

and like I said science shows life came in fully formed with no ancestors.

Quote:
The creation story is not history. It belongs to the genre of primordial history which is not actual history but has to do with myth.
no it does not have to do with ANE pagan myths, according to the scriptures it is history. you simply are denying the scriptures in favor of ANE pagan myths. that by itself should tell you something but your so far in dept to your scholars who teach that crap it wont even give you pause to think.

Quote:
And I make no apology for saying that the biblical creation and flood stories are not history. They didn't happen. Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally.
I did not expect you to make any apologies for denying that the creation account is scripture even though scripture say it is scripture.

Old 08-29-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Then you just wasted people's time making a claim that you can't back up. I have no problem with Aron Ra not accepting the big bang if that's actually what he said. As I said, even some cosmologists don't accept it. But it is not too much to expect that someone making a claim be prepared to provide proof for their claim.
it was your video and it does not matter, it was just an observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity