Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,446 times

Advertisements

logical? Well thought out? The gospel of Jesus Christ was and is,and will always be a Radical Truth---hard to comprehend,a mystery to some. It comes down to Faith. I'am not claiming to have it all figured out, I'm working out my salvation - some things we may never know- Like the apostle Paul near the end of his life here on earth he still wanted to know Christ Jesus -JUSTIFICATION/SANCTIFICATION/GLORIFICATION - peace to you

Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingB View Post
To my Sister in Christ Jesus "Christ was crucified,resurrected in 3 days,stayed for 40 (days) ascended into heaven, will return for his bride, the church ,the living and the dead ( Rapture ) THEN will come back to reign on earth. Christ has NOT reigned for 1000yrs,yet" "the JOY of the LORD is my strength"
SingingB: Respectfully, however, why do you say such things as "Christ . . . will return for His bride, the church, the living and the dead (Rapture) THEN will come back to reign on earth," when you cannot prove it?

I say this to encourage you to be careful that you know why you believe what you believe according to the Bible. Why do you believe those things? Because you have studied them or because someone taught them to you? This is important, SingingB.

Preterist

Old 07-11-2008, 05:05 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
SingingB: Respectfully, however, why do you say such things as "Christ . . . will return for His bride, the church, the living and the dead (Rapture) THEN will come back to reign on earth," when you cannot prove it?

I say this to encourage you to be careful that you know why you believe what you believe according to the Bible. Why do you believe those things? Because you have studied them or because someone taught them to you? This is important, SingingB.

Preterist
They said Christ will return, because He said He would , and He will return, you cannot prove that He has returned. You are the one who needs to be careful here.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 07-11-2008 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: left out word

Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
They said Christ will return, because He said He would , and He will return, you cannot prove that He has not returned. You are the one who needs to be careful here.
You're right, ILNC. I cannot prove that "He has NOT returned." Well said!

Preterist

Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
You're right, ILNC. I cannot prove that "He has NOT returned." Well said!

Preterist
NO, that was not well said!!! I messed up (I've had a long hard week) I meant to say you cannot prove He HAS returned, because I believe He has NOT returned.........yet.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:23 AM

41 posts, read 81,714 times
Quote:
NO, that was not well said!!! I messed up (I've had a long hard week) I meant to say you cannot prove He HAS returned, because I believe He has NOT returned.........yet.
WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
(Luke 8:25)

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(Romans 3:28)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(Hebrews 11:6)

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
(I Thessalonians 1:3)

Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 AM

Default Where is your faith?

Quote:
WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
(Luke 8:25)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(Hebrews 11:6)

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(Romans 3:28)

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
(I Thessalonians 1:3)

Old 07-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingB View Post
logical? Well thought out? The gospel of Jesus Christ was and is,and will always be a Radical Truth---hard to comprehend,a mystery to some. It comes down to Faith. I'am not claiming to have it all figured out, I'm working out my salvation - some things we may never know- Like the apostle Paul near the end of his life here on earth he still wanted to know Christ Jesus -JUSTIFICATION/SANCTIFICATION/GLORIFICATION - peace to you
God bless you, peace, grace as the Kingdom of Heaven is come near to you.

Who knows anything good unless the Spirit of God teaches it? God gave me a vision and dream to take me out of my way. Check out my prophetic dream

FEAR IS WORSHIP: A EARTHQUAKE END (http://fearisworship.blogspot.com/2008/02/earthquake-end.html - broken link)

Old 07-12-2008, 09:59 AM

Default Earthquake dream (partial quote)

Prophecy Earthquake 03/03-04/03 dream. (partial quote)

God bless you peace to you as the kingdom of heaven is come near to you, thus sayest the Lord God Almighty through a dream given to all through Elisha Markay: Christian 2:30 A.M. as I awoke from a dream of the day after the news cast, showing the cities and the epée centers of the quake, as with the numbers next to the cities of between tens and fifteens in different cities in California, Amador County will have a volcano disaster, Monterey County, Baja California. Larger than ever before 15 to 10 on the Richter scale Fremont will be less on the scale little damage to those who worship Him in Truth and His Spirit.

The land will be brought low. The hills (PRIDEFUL LIFTED UP SOULS) into the valleys, the cities made waste.

I awoke from the dream and opened the scripture to this exact place in my bible led of the spirit of God.
AMOS 1:1 The words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.

Ezekiel 33: 28 For I will lay the land most desolate, and the pomp of her strength shall cease; and the mountains of Israel shall be desolate, that none shall pass through. 29 Then shall they know that I am the LORD, when I have laid the land most desolate because of all their abominations which they have committed.

Speak only of the Prophetic Word from God. Directions from God to his anointed worshipers especially for Elishah!
30 Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and
hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD.

31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. 32 And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. 33 And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

Ezekiel 32-37; 32: 1 And it came to pass in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers. 3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my net.

4 Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee. 5 And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height. 6 I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee. 7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. 8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD. 9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known. 10 Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall. 11 For thus saith the Lord GOD; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee. 12 By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed. 13 I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them. 14 Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith the Lord GOD. 15 When I shall make the land of Egypt desolate, and the country shall be destitute of that whereof it was full, when I shall smite all them that dwell therein, then shall they know that I am the LORD. 16 This is the lamentation wherewith they shall lament her: the daughters of the nations shall lament her: they shall lament for her, even for Egypt, and for all her multitude, saith the Lord GOD. 17 It came to pass also in the twelfth year, in the fifteenth day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 18 Son of man, wail for the multitude of Egypt, and cast them down, even her, and the daughters of the famous nations, unto the nether parts of the earth, with them that go down into the pit. 19 Whom dost thou pass in beauty? go down, and be thou laid with the uncircumcised. 20 They shall fall in the midst of them that are slain by the sword: she is delivered to the sword: draw her and all her multitudes. 21 The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword. 22 Asshur is there and all her company: his graves are about him: all of them slain, fallen by the sword: 23 Whose graves are set in the sides of the pit, and her company is round about her grave: all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which caused terror in the land of the living. 24 There is Elam and all her multitude round about her grave, all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which are gone down uncircumcised into the nether parts of the earth, which caused their terror in the land of the living; yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit. 25 They have set her a bed in the midst of the slain with all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword: though their terror was caused in the land of the living, yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit: he is put in the midst of them that be slain. 26 There is Meshech, Tubal, and all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword, though they caused their terror in the land of the living. 27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living. 28 Yea, thou shalt be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised, and shalt lie with them that are slain with the sword. 29 There is Edom, her kings, and all her princes, which with their might are laid by them that were slain by the sword: they shall lie with the uncircumcised, and with them that go down to the pit. 30 There be the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Zidonians, which are gone down with the slain; with their terror they are ashamed of their might; and they lie uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit. 31 Pharaoh shall see them, and shall be comforted over all his multitude, even Pharaoh and all his army slain by the sword, saith the Lord GOD. 32 For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 37:7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. 11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I amAMOS the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD. 15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

NAMED OF THE KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS
OF THE ONLY JEHOVAH ALMIGHTY TERRIBLE GOD OF ALL CREATION:
HIS MESSENGER AMBASSADOR APOSTLE PROPHET EL ELOHIM MAGISTRATE
OF THE MAJESTY IN THE STEAD OF KING DAVID Elisha Markay: Christian
CEPHAS DANIEL JOSHUAH CYRUS JACOB ISRAEL

HIS Minister of Sound of The Universe World
All encompassing Speaking God’s Word through walls, into people
Cyrus; building Gods Temple, with Sweet Spices; Stacte, Onycha, Galbanum (chuldah)
Breaking the strongholds from hell, rebuilding the strongholds from Heaven.

Onycha: The voice of the Lion; to scale or peel off by concussion of sound by a prophetic utterance
Galbanum (chuldah) increased the odor making it last long and making the Word of God clear.

Exodus 30:34 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte,
and onycha, and galbanum; [these] sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall
there be a like [weight]: 35 And thou shalt make it a perfume, a confection after the art of
the apothecary, tempered together, pure [and] holy: 36 And thou shalt beat [some] of it very
small, and put of it before the testimony in the tabernacle of the congregation, where I will meet
with thee: it shall be unto you most holy.
37 And [as for] the perfume which thou shalt make, ye shall not make to yourselves according to the composition thereof:
it shall be unto thee holy for the LORD. 38 Whosoever shall make like unto that, to smell thereto, shall even be cut off from
his people.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:41 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
I'm a little confused about what you are trying to convey here, Elisha. Are you saying that you personally had a vision? If so, can you expound on this in your own words? I like details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity