Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, Phred and Clan are a nutty bunch. But I don't think they're much worse than many other Christian denominations. They just don't sugarcoat their message. Although, at least all the other anti-gay Christians have the compassion not to picket peoples' funerals.
i'm certainly not speaking for all of them, cuz i certainly know that there are the jackassery-loving haters out there. but i relly hope that you can see a difference between fred and his gang, and a normal christian. fred and his buddies would probably volunteer to exterminate homosexuals and everyone else they disagree with if it wasn't against the law that they so love to hide behind.

anti-gay christians refers to some christians, but again, not all of them. i certainly don't like china's human rights (and even our own in a lot of instances), but that doesn't mean that i;m anti-china or anti-america. i just means that i have serious issues with what they are doing/representing. many christians don't like homosexuality, but i know plenty of them that are fine associating with, working with, and getting along with homosexuals. i've worked with quite a few of them and don't have a problem with them. i certainly would take offense to being lumped into the same group as fred phelps and the demonic organization that he represents.

aaron out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I can say without any fear of being wrong, or incorrect discernment, that the WBC are NOT Christians and that God has absolutely NOTHING to do with them. They're no better than the KKK, Nazis any other hate group. They are despicable and loathsome! They are the type of people that abuse the name of Christianity and cause the rest of the non-believing world to hate God. These people have no affiliation with Christianity, much less the Baptist denomination!

God HATES what they're doing and, boldly I say, hates them. There IS scripture that talks about God hating certain people.
They thrive off of publicity, but still it amazes me how someone who claims to serve the lord could be that evil.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I can say without any fear of being wrong, or incorrect discernment, that the WBC are NOT Christians...
Here we go with the No True Scotsman fallacy again. Yes, the WBC are christians. Just like the terrorists who flew into the WTC were truly Muslims, even if moderate muslims say they weren't.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
First of all, they just call themselves Baptist, they have no affiliation with any Baptist group.

This is probably the most evil, corrupt, and dark church in the world. (and there probably aren't that many) They teach that God hates gays, every non Christian Religion, Catholics, every non protestant that doesn't openly hate gays, they say for every dead soldier, God laughs, every disaster or death that happens, they say God laughs, after 9/11, they called everyone that died..................... a very disrespectful word, starts with an f and ends with a g insert vowel, the strange part is, they're false pastor is in his 70's and he says all of this.

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know wikipedia, but its the best source I could get, look them up on you tube also

YouTube - westboro baptist church protests

this is sick, one of the senior members on Fox News, uhhhhhhhhh, she smiles through the whole interview though kind of funny that the interviewers insult her go to some of the other interviews too, they are good as well

There are many people here who are no different , they believe God is going to damn those who don't listen to the truth that comes forth from them just the same as westboro preaches.

They deny it by believing that just because they have polished the dung and put it into a prettier package that they are not selling the same wares.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
They're a prime example of zealous pharisees - all law, no mercy. They should read the whole book, not just Leviticus.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
they are to christianity, as the taliban is to islam.

fundamentalism produces many wackos.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
lol! I think that's the first time I agreed w/Hannity! And that Shirley is just so creepy looking... I've met her nasty father a couple times in person and her inbred eyes look exactly like him. In fact, she looks like a young Fred in drag. Of course Fred is highly likely gay himself. You can just look into his eyes and see it. Keep it up Phelp klan. You do more good than harm for the gay cause!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! I think that's the first time I agreed w/Hannity! And that Shirley is just so creepy looking... I've met her nasty father a couple times in person and her inbred eyes look exactly like him. In fact, she looks like a young Fred in drag. Of course Fred is highly likely gay himself. I could not agree [with you] more. Anybody who hates gays that much would not give gay pride events the time of day, nor would they watch broke back mountain and then picket heath ledgers funeral. And shirley phelps is HIDEOUS and totally disreguards the fact that her child was born out of wedlock as any wrong but is quick to call everone else out on theres. . You can just look into his eyes and see it. Keep it up Phelp klan. You do more good than harm for the gay cause!

Where exactly did you meet Fred Phelps at?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
They're a prime example of zealous pharisees - all law, no mercy. They should read the whole book, not just Leviticus.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
There are many people here who are no different , they believe God is going to damn those who don't listen to the truth that comes forth from them just the same as westboro preaches.

They deny it by believing that just because they have polished the dung and put it into a prettier package that they are not selling the same wares.

This is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity