Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:16 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times

Advertisements

Honestly.. just sounds like a guy preaching hell fire and brimstone in the 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,109,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Honestly.. just sounds like a guy preaching hell fire and brimstone in the 21st century.
Then you aren't paying attention to anything but the shouting. Did you listen to a whole sermon to see the evidence? It's your decision, naturally, but your description isn't accurate, just opinion.

Edited to add: In regards to hellfire and brimstone preaching, not that it applies to these sermons, but the world could do with some hellfire and brimstone preaching these days. Most sermons dished out are so watered down and inconsequential that people have become complacent and lazy.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Then you aren't paying attention to anything but the shouting. Did you listen to a whole sermon to see the evidence? It's your decision, naturally, but your description isn't accurate, just opinion.

Edited to add: In regards to hellfire and brimstone preaching, not that it applies to these sermons, but the world could do with some hellfire and brimstone preaching these days. Most sermons dished out are so watered down and inconsequential that people have become complacent and lazy.
We need more Edward's, Finney's and Ravenhill's in this generation to scare the 'hell' out of people.. True revival will come only when we as individuals seek God's face and turn from our wickedness.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Simple.. i don't have time to listen to all the sermons. Sorry.. I just don't. Trust me when I say this.. From the time I could comprehend "end times".. until now.. I've heard this over and over and over and over again. Its always the end times. Always. Why? Because people want to believe it and people make money off it.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Simple.. i don't have time to listen to all the sermons. Sorry.. I just don't. Trust me when I say this.. From the time I could comprehend "end times".. until now.. I've heard this over and over and over and over again. Its always the end times. Always. Why? Because people want to believe it and people make money off it.
Then you're keeping yourself cynical and your head buried in the sand. Until you can make the time to watch even one of the videos to see how incredibly close we are to Christ's return, you're comments are based off of the same old, stale arguments people have used for decades to keep themselves comfortable.

People always find the time to do what they want to do. Always. If it's important to them, they'll make the time. If the Jesus, our faith, and Bible are important to us, we'll make the time to spend in those things. Everything else will get scheduled around it instead of the other way around. If you can make the time to listen to one, try the one world government, or the one world economy. Why not see that every preparation for the Jews to rebuild the temple is complete - all the vestments, all the ornaments, everything. Heard of the Amero? It's the North American currency already printed for when the borders between the US, Canada and Mexico dissolve and we become the North American Union. Ever hear that in Revelation the world is divided up into ten kingdoms? Did you know that it already is and all of these "unions" are forming now?

I understand that you're busy. Who isn't? But, are you allowing the busy-ness to distract you from what's truly important? Check out the YouTube video called Satan's Meeting for a better understanding of how the word "busy" can be an acronym for "Being Under Satan's Yoke."

These are wake up calls.... don't sleep through them.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:00 AM

353 posts, read 905,995 times
Quote:
That's a shame that people feel that way. But I think those types of attitudes are exactly why it's going to be so easy for all of these terrible things to happen. "I don't have time, this doesn't impact me."

I'd recommend you (and other busy people) watch the one world government segments. The ending would be hilarious if I didn't understand how true it was.

Have a blessed day.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Then you're keeping yourself cynical and your head buried in the sand.
In your opinion..

Quote:
Until you can make the time to watch even one of the videos to see how incredibly close we are to Christ's return, you're comments are based off of the same old, stale arguments people have used for decades to keep themselves comfortable.
My comments are based off of the same old, stale prophecies of people used for decades to scare the crap out of people..

Quote:
People always find the time to do what they want to do. Always. If it's important to them, they'll make the time.
Right.. and whats important to me is to not watch some preacher yell at me about things he isn't 100% sure about. In the end.. its his opinion..

Quote:
If the Jesus, our faith, and Bible are important to us, we'll make the time to spend in those things.
Are you implying I don't spend time on those things? Or are you implying I don't spend time on the things you think are important?

Quote:
Heard of the Amero? It's the North American currency already printed for when the borders between the US, Canada and Mexico dissolve and we become the North American Union.
I'd like to see your source on that. I simply don't believe that to be true. Its a conspiracy theory.. plain and simple.

Quote:
Ever hear that in Revelation the world is divided up into ten kingdoms? Did you know that it already is and all of these "unions" are forming now?
Lets go one by one.. Lets figure out the "Amero" argument first and see if that is true.. then we'll move on.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
That's a shame that people feel that way.
Is it.. Is it a shame? FYI.. its not a shame. A shame is a child going hungry. Me not watching a video on youtube.. its far from a shame.

Quote:
But I think those types of attitudes are exactly why it's going to be so easy for all of these terrible things to happen.
There you have it.. its bigthirsty's fault all this will happen. Surely this isn't a suprise to some of you on here..

Quote:
"I don't have time, this doesn't impact me."
"I don't have time, this doesn't interest me because its some preacher who yells really loud and tries to scare the crap out of folks and then he gets his video on youtube (something a 5 year old can do) and supposedly this preacher has it all figured out. He is the special one. "

That better for ya?

Quote:
I'd recommend you (and other busy people) watch the one world government segments.
Won't do it for spite now. I'm like that.

Quote:
The ending would be hilarious if I didn't understand how true it was.
I'm guessing your idea of hilarious and my idea of hilarious are slightly different.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:56 PM

353 posts, read 905,995 times
Sorry bigthirsty, while I do find message boards to be insightful in the most ironic ways; I don't visit them to argue- hence the screen name.

Be blessed.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
In your opinion..
I'd like to see your source on that. I simply don't believe that to be true. Its a conspiracy theory.. plain and simple.

Lets go one by one.. Lets figure out the "Amero" argument first and see if that is true.. then we'll move on.
I am THRILLED to share the source with you, brother. I try to only share information with sources. Big Thirsty, just so you understand, I'm NOT trying to get down on you. Not at all. If I didn't care, I would have posted the videos and left everyone to their own devices and opinions. I'm discussing this with you because I really do care. I don't want anyone caught unaware or by surprise. Nobody, regardless of their beliefs.

Do you realize that the words you used are actually one of the signs of the times?

2 Peter 3:3-4 "knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

This is what I'm trying to warn people of.

Here is your proof of the Amero: It's a news clip from CNBC and the guy whose talking about it even uses the phrase that people who don't know about it are "keeping their heads in the sand."

The Amero - North American Currency (2 min 15 sec)

Here is where you can see the coins:

The Amero is here (11 seconds)

You'll find TONS of information about it if you Google it or search YouTube for "Amero."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity