Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

When I first joined CD we couldn't even mention God!

What? Couldn't mention God? (Asks the atheist mod...)

You've gotta be "kidding" (went for a nicer, non-heathen way of putting it) me!

Quote:

we are a family. Some I am even closer to than my family.

June thanks God that she is closer to some of these people than her own family!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
WOOHOO!!! BACK...... Northsouth!

So good to see you!! Yes, ...some of us still are hanging out in this little world of citi-data!! Like blue said, we have made some wonderful friends here and it does make it a little difficult to leave!!...
It will be fun though when we all get to heaven and won't wonder what happen to so and so!!!
I still read and lurk a lot here, not a whole lot of posting....Lot of new comers with a lot of Love for the Lord Jesus here though.. As you will see.
But it is fun to see other's that have been gone for a while for whatever reasons in their lives, that have come back. Know the Lord has a reason for bringing them back!
I know here at Christianity forum the Lord has used a many people to help other's to learn and grow in Him for a season. My personal opinion this is the best Christian forum around!!! Great Moderators who do a wonderful job keeping it what it is about, Our Lord Jesus!!!

Well it is wonderful to see you once again precious friend!!
Big Hugs and am so glad to see ya back!!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 10-11-2008 at 09:11 PM..

Old 10-11-2008, 08:55 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Welcome back, Northsouth.

I still hang out because, like blue, I have made some close connections here. My husband claims that I talk to a certain someone whom I have never met more often than I talk to my sister. I don't know if he's right, but pretty close for sure.

I don't really drift out into many discussions, though. I don't have time for the ferris-wheel discussions. I think that after a year, you've heard it all. It's just that new people have come in and the discussions start all over again. I know that I am guilty of not doing a 'search' most of the time. But sometimes it's, "oh no, here we go again".

I am always on to check the prayer thread, but I have found lately that people will start an individual thread for their specific request. Which in many cases has been good and almost needed, but since I don't go roaming around in the different forums, sometimes I miss those. One of the greatest things that I love about this group is the willingness to pray for each other. I don't know what it would take for me to completely leave the forum and not be able to check the prayer threads. There was a time that our system was down and I would just say a general prayer for intercession knowing that God knows the needs of all.

Well, again, it is good to see you around.

Take care and God bless.

<><
Thanks weather, I guess more are still here than I thought but maybe just not participating much. I went back to read some of the older threads from last year and it just seemed that there were tons of people posting then that aren't here at all anymore.

I'm glad you mentioned the prayer thread, I forget about it. My eyes go directly to the most recent post and I get caught up in reading. That's terrible and I need to do better. I'm not exactly a prayer warrior and that needs to change. That's another thing I missed about CD. It made me think, pray and study more.

Great to see you're still here and God bless.:

Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

My husband claims that I talk to a certain someone whom I have never met more often than I talk to my sister. I don't know if he's right, but pretty close for sure.
Now what a sweet sentiment that is! (It just warms the coddles of June's heathen heart!) Hey, what does Mr. Weather know? He's just too darn busy making those peanut butter sandwiches that have him so distracted!

P.S. "Hi, Mr. Weather, from June."

Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Hey Northsouth! I'm still here. When I first joined CD we couldn't even mention God! My how things have changed!! I feel very close to people on, we are a family. Some I am even closer to than my family. There are some that I always think about and wonder what has happened to them, so it's good to see you back Northsouth
Hey ILNC! I'm so glad to see that "coon girl" is still here! Thanks for the reps and welcoming me back. I think you and Blue were the first ones!

Couldn't mention God? REally? That must have been even before there was a religion & philosophy forum. Won't it be a blast to get to heaven and see everyone face to face? I'm looking forward to that day.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
What? Couldn't mention God? (Asks the atheist mod...)

You've gotta be "kidding" (went for a nicer, non-heathen way of putting it) me!

June thanks God that she is closer to some of these people than her own family!

Yes this was before any of the religion forums, we could not mention God or religion and there were very few forums other than the state forums. And I know what you mean about family!!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Hey ILNC! I'm so glad to see that "coon girl" is still here! Thanks for the reps and welcoming me back. I think you and Blue were the first ones!

Couldn't mention God? REally? That must have been even before there was a religion & philosophy forum. Won't it be a blast to get to heaven and see everyone face to face? I'm looking forward to that day.
Do you remember Momark? He passed away last year.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
WOOHOO!!! BACK...... Northsouth!

So good to see you!! Yes, ...some of us still are hanging out in this little world of citi-data!! Like blue said, we have made some wonderful friends here and it does make it a little difficult to leave!!...
It will be fun though when we all get to heaven and won't wonder what happen to so and so!!!
I still read and lurk a lot here, not a whole lot of posting....Lot of new comers with a lot of Love for the Lord Jesus here though.. As you will see.
But it is fun to see other's that have been gone for a while for whatever reasons in their lives, that have come back. Know the Lord has a reason for bringing them back!
I know here at Christianity forum the Lord has used a many people to help other's to learn and grow in Him for a season. My personal opinion this is the best Christian forum around!!! Great Moderators who do a wonderful job keeping it what it is about, Our Lord Jesus!!!

Well it is wonderful to see you once again precious friend!!
Big Hugs and am so glad to see ya back!!!
Why thank you, Curly!! Love the big welcome banner and the little icons--they're so cute! I guess lurking is what I'll be doing a lot of too since I just can't participate in the debating anymore. It's just really nice to "see" some good folks still "lurking" like yourself!!

God bless you, Curly!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:11 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
Welcome back Northsouth....I can honestly say that these forums do go thru cycles and sometimes I say I am going to back away, well I have to a degree, but soon here I go again, I can't seem to stop totally. And I have never stopped reading...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Do you remember Momark? He passed away last year.
Yes I do remember him and I'm so sorry to hear that. I've wondered if maybe that had happened to some. I know he's happy and with the LOrd and that's very comforting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity