Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
It doesn't matter what Adam and Eve were created as, as far as diet goes, because that was before the fall of man, due to sin. The New Testament says meat is now ok to eat, so I don't worry about it. Whether you eat meat, or not, is a personal choice.
Will we eventually become vegens again? It still doesn't matter....if God wants to change us after Christ's return, then so be it...it's fine with me. It's not something to make a big deal out of...

Bud
Good point Bud..Moderator cut: off topic and insulting

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-08-2010 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: attack a "ridiculous" idea..not the people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, Adam & Eve were vegetarian all the days of their life. The eating of meat was not permitted by God until after Noah's flood. So from the point of Noah forward, meat eating was acceptable, as long as it was clean animals, as outlined in the Law.

Upon Jesus' arrival, death and departure, those dietary laws were fulfilled. So, as I see it now, as long as you give thanks for what you have and share what you have in excess to those in need, what you eat is of no concern, whether it's a vegitarian diet or otherwise.

Blessings
Actually the Scriptures do tell us to eat anything that is set before us without question and to give thanks to God for it...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I would have to do some research about the eating of meat, but I know that God clothed Adam and Eve with tunics of skin, so I presume an animal had to die in order to get the skin. Also Abel brought offerings of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat.
In a quick search, I do not find any mention one way or another about the eating of meat, before the flood.

I agree that under the New Covenant there is no law against eating meats of any kind.
Look in Leviticus...Those are the Laws before the Flood...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM

Jdg 11:16 For when they came up out of Egypt, Israel went in the wilderness to the Sea of Reeds (Red Sea), and came in at Kadesh.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
In the book of Genesis God created the heavens and earth. He also created the animals first in pairs then Adam and Eve followed. Now tell me, if Adam and Eve was befriended to these animals before they sinned, would they have eaten them, make dairy out of the cows or goat breast?

would they?

surely not, even though man is classified as an omnivore we still have more problems with health when meat is in included in our diet than without. Think!?
Maybe not eat, but they didn't have a problem wearing their skins apparently. Not that it matters, since I'm pretty sure adam and eve were a pair of australopithecus afarensis anyway.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
it doesnt say that

read the WHOLE thing not take 1 verse and make it doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Actually the Scriptures do tell us to eat anything that is set before us without question and to give thanks to God for it...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
I do not know if Adam and Eve eat meat,but the did eat fruit form the tree in the garden,,the eat herbs and bread in Genesis 3:18-19,,, They did kill a animal and made coats of skins in Genesis 3:21,,,, Lord created seed, fruit and herbs for food in Genesis 1:11-12 -``in Genesis 1 :29-30``fruit and seed and herbs for the meat , green herb for meat....Later in Genesis 4 Abel was a keeper of sheep,,,, and Cain was the tiller of the ground,,,, Do you think that Abel eat the sheep?,,,, In the Offering to the Lord , This the first time someone prayed Grace for the food..... See the Lord is the griver of life and Abel killed the sheep and prayed to the giver of life The Lord God and God was there as a point of contact to find the Lord, To pray grace Offering of the food in Worship to God...... Adam lived Nine Hundred and Thirty years in Genesis 5:5 His food was not bad as it may be today.!......

Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
1. They were to eat the meat that they had sacrificed. Abel being one of or the first person to sacrifice had to eat the meat as it was part of the sacrifice.

2. God COMMANDS to eat meat in the Old Testament

3. Daniel's special diet wasn't that he couldn't eat meat..it was that he couldn't eat meat that was sacrificed to idols.

4. Peter's vision about the animals was NOT about eating food. It was about preaching the Gospel. To do the Will of God is to 'eat' as Jesus taught when he was at the well with the divorced woman.

5. The bible says the food is sanctified by giving of thanks AND by the Word of God. This means if the food is sacrificed to idols you can't 'bless it' then eat it. It NEEDS to be conforming to Word of God also.
On the contrary you can eat meat sacrificed to (Billy) Idol (s)...Read that part in the NT again...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
it doesnt say that

I did...and i stand by it...you go back and read it...

1Co 8:1 But concerning the sacrifices to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.
1Co 8:2 But if anyone thinks to know anything, he still has known nothing as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3 But if anyone loves God, he has been known by Him.
1Co 8:4 Then concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.
1Co 8:5 For even if some are called gods, either in the heavens or on the earth; (even as there are many gods, and many lords);
1Co 8:6 but to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.
1Co 8:7 But the knowledge is not in all; but some being aware of the idol eat as an idolatrous sacrifice until now; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
1Co 8:8 But food will not commend us to God. For neither if we eat do we excel, nor if we do not eat are we lacking.
1Co 8:9 But be careful lest this authority of yours become a cause of stumbling to the weak ones.
1Co 8:10 For if anyone sees you, the one having knowledge, sitting in an idol-temple, will not the weak one's conscience be lifted up so as to eat things sacrificed to idols?
1Co 8:11 And on your knowledge the weak brother will fall, he for whom Christ died.
1Co 8:12 And sinning in this way against your brothers, and wounding their conscience, being weak, you sin against Christ.
1Co 8:13 On account of this, if food offends my brother, I will not at all eat flesh forever, so that I do not offend my brother.

Here is the other one:

1Co 10:1 And I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the Sea.
1Co 10:2 And all were baptized to Moses in the cloud, and in the Sea,
1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food.
1Co 10:4 And all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of the spiritual rock following, and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 Yet God was not pleased with most of them, "for they were scattered in the deserted place." Num. 14:16
1Co 10:6 But these things became examples for us, so that we may not be lusters after evil, even as those indeed lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be idolaters, even as some of them, as it has been written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and stood up to play." Ex. 32:6
1Co 10:8 Nor should we commit fornication, as some of them fornicated, and twenty three thousand fell in one day.
1Co 10:9 Neither test Christ, as some of them tried Him, and perished by serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither should you murmur, as also some of them murmured, and perished by the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 And all these things happened to those as examples, and it was written for our warning, on whom the ends of the ages have come.
1Co 10:12 So that he that thinks to stand, let him be careful that he not fall.
1Co 10:13 No temptation has taken you except what is human; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able. But with the temptation, He will also make the way out, so that you may be able to bear it.
1Co 10:14 On account of this, flee from idolatry, my beloved.
1Co 10:15 I speak as to prudent ones; you judge what I say.
1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a partaking of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a partaking of the body of Christ?
1Co 10:17 Because we, the many, are one bread, one body, for we all partake of the one bread.
1Co 10:18 Look at Israel according to flesh; are not those eating the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
1Co 10:19 What then do I say, that an idol is anything, or that an idolatrous sacrifice is anything?
1Co 10:20 But the things the nations sacrifice, "they sacrifice to demons, and not to God." Deut. 32:17 But I do not want you to become sharers of demons;
1Co 10:21 you cannot drink the cup of the Lord and a cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord, and a table of demons.
1Co 10:22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? Deut. 32:21
1Co 10:23 All things are lawful to me, but not all things profit. All things are lawful to me, but not all things build up.
1Co 10:24 Let no one seek the things of himself, but each one that of the other.
1Co 10:25 Eat everything being sold in a meat market, examining nothing because of conscience,
1Co 10:26 for "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it." Psa. 24:1
1Co 10:27 And if any of the unbelievers invite you, and you desire to go, eat everything set before you, examining nothing because of conscience.
1Co 10:28 But if anyone tells you, This is slain in sacrifice to idols, do not eat, because of that one pointing it out, and the conscience; for "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it." Psa. 24:1
1Co 10:29 But I say conscience, not that of himself, but that of the other. For why is my freedom judged by another's conscience?
1Co 10:30 But if I partake by grace, why am I evil spoken of because of that for which I give thanks?

Like it says, i know who my God is, there is only one...

Last edited by Richard1965; 02-08-2010 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
it doesnt say that

Are you Jewish?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity