Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted
your teachings are not biblical, and many have realized that you dont claim or not even a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh . . . I don't know . . . maybe . . . because it is archaic 1st century nonsense from when women were considered objectified breeding vessels and little more. Look how many centuries it took for them to be emancipated. That . . . like slavery . . . is well-placed on the scrap heap of cultural history and has no place in discussions of our relationship to God. The tenacity with which it is supported in so many circles is proof of the predominance of carnal thinking among those who proclaim to be spiritual, IMO.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-23-2009 at 04:52 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
please bear in mind that you're in a Christian forum not pagan

your teachings are not biblical, and many have realized that you dont claim or not even a Christian.
Jesus said not to judge others right? That is "biblical" and from Jesus correct? There is no way you can or should judge others.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaswers_4u View Post
Husband is the man of home and u have to accept this fact no matter how much u earn or not . I dont know what u think about submission but u have respect ur husband and to obey him . and were there is love there is joy and peace
Sounds like it would be a jolly and loving houshold.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM

Not to condemn is the proper interpretation

We are to judge who are the sheep and who are the wolves in sheep clothing
Not to condemn them but to distinguish who is who

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Jesus said not to judge others right? That is "biblical" and from Jesus correct? There is no way you can or should judge others.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned

your teachings are not biblical, and many have realized that you don't claim or not even a Christian.
But what he posted about the cultural/historical treatment of women is true, christian or not. I know you don't appreciate any cultural relevance or context apparent in the Bible (you seem not to understand context of any kind) but that does not mean it is not real.

You do an awful lot of dismissing in this thread..deciding if what people think is Biblical or not, deciding if they are properly interpreting scripture, deciding if they are doing what the Bible says....according to only YOUR interpretation. Seriously, you've taken on quite a lot here....not only as high priest of your own household but also in this thread.

You say Christians can't really judge, but yet you are continually judgmental of those who have any opinion that differs from your own...as if you are the final authority.

I've known other such people IRL. People who have all the answers for everyone, who fully understand scripture and the all of the appropriate context, past and present, who aim to fulfull their role as head of the home using their vast knowledge and understanding. Their families are not usually very happy as they have a difficult time keeping up with the 'Godly' standards set out before them, expected and then judged by just one man, one flesh and blood man deciding if those around him are worthy according to his understanding of scripture because he is the head of the household. Very dangerous, I'm pretty sure that's not why God sent his only Son to die on the cross.....so some man could set himself up as high priest, interpreter of scripture, determining what is right rather than letting God deal with the hearts of those he feels he is charged with. But of course, they are all only following the Bible, as you are.

Not only that, people do not generally feel drawn to such a person for council or advice or help or comfort, especially if they are not Christians already. Who wants to be thumped over the head with a Bible and a list of commandments? People are looking for relationships, for meaning that goes deeper than Thou shalt or Thou shalt not. People don't want a priest or someone who knows it all (only to point out that the rest of us know very little), they want a friend who will pray with them, for them and point them towards God, who loved them enough to send His only begotten Son....so He could have a personal relationship with each one of us rather than priests and sacrifices that stood between. I don't get a sense that that is the kind of person you are, or you have not demonstrated such an attitude in your posts here.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-23-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned

Wrong . . . I am Christian and my teachings are biblical . . . just not Neanderthal. You incorrectly interpret the charge about false prophets (Christs) . . . If they do not claim to be Christ . . . they are not false prophets. But those who presume to teach others what is or is not biblical (spiritual) better be prepared for that ("Depart from me . . ." passage . . . IF THEY ARE IN ERROR . . . there is a stricter burden on such.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-23-2009 at 04:54 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM

The bible was written by Jews
If you dont understand Jewish culture or history then you will not appreciate the full context of the bible

I was born/raised Jewish.
I also went to school to learn of what other denominations believe, and why they do, and learned it from a Jewish perspective.

Paul writes from a Jewish perspective and quotes many verses from the OT.
So do all the other authors which will include Jesus Christ who was Jewish, and quoted from the OT.

the covering of heads was not cultural thing for the Corinth as they were very liberal. Paul was teaching from what Jews believe not because of Corinth

As the covering of heads indicate it was for the 'angels'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
But what he posted about the cultural/historical treatment of women is true, christian or not. I know you don't appreciate any cultural relevance or context apparent in the Bible (you seem not to understand context of any kind) but that does not mean it is not real.

You do an awful lot of dismissing in this thread..deciding if what people think is Biblical or not, deciding if they are properly interpreting scripture, deciding if they are doing what the Bible says....according to only YOUR interpretation. Seriously, you've taken on quite a lot here....not only as high priest of your own household but also in this thread.

You say Christians can't really judge, but yet you are continually judgmental of those who have any opinion that differs from your own...as if you are the final authority.

I've known other such people IRL. People who have all the answers for everyone, who fully understand scripture and the all of the appropriate context, past and present, who aim to fulfull their role as head of the home using their vast knowledge and understanding. Their families are not usually very happy as they have a difficult time keeping up with the 'Godly' standards set out before them, expected and then judged by just one man, one flesh and blood man deciding if those around him are worthy according to his understanding of scripture because he is the head of the household. Very dangerous, I'm pretty sure that's not why God sent his only Son to die on the cross.....so some man could set himself up as high priest, interpreter of scripture, determining what is right rather than letting God deal with the hearts of those he feels he is charged with. But of course, they are all only following the Bible, as you are.

Not only that, people do not generally feel drawn to such a person for council or advice or help or comfort, especially if they are not Christians already. Who wants to be thumped over the head with a Bible and a list of commandments? People are looking for relationships, for meaning that goes deeper than Thou shalt or Thou shalt not. People don't want a priest or someone who knows it all (only to point out that the rest of us know very little), they want a friend who will pray with them, for them and point them towards God, who loved them enough to send His only begotten Son....so He could have a personal relationship with each one of us rather than priests and sacrifices that stood between. I don't get a sense that that is the kind of person you are, or you have not demonstrated such an attitude in your posts here.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 AM

didn't you quote before that there is more than one way to heaven besides Jesus?

You dont realize that the NT was written over 4k from the OT yet the customs/teachings/commandments were still INTACT

Less than 2,000 years have passed since the NT was written

What we have today is nothing new

The Word of God clearly states that heaven/earth will pass away but the Word of God will not.

Please show me ANYWHERE in the bible where it states that the teachings of Paul, Peter, and others do not apply to TODAY!

I have asked this a few times already, and yet nobody seems to be able to find it.

Quote:
Wrong . . . I am Christian and my teachings are biblical . . . just not Neanderthal. You incorrectly interpret the charge about false prophets (Christs) . . . If they do not claim to be Christ . . . they are not false prophets. But those who presume to teach others what is or is not biblical (spiritual) better be prepared for that ("Depart from me . . ." passage . . . IF THEY ARE IN ERROR . . . there is a stricter burden on such.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
didn't you quote before that there is more than one way to heaven besides Jesus?
Your reading comprehension might need work . . . I clearly said Jesus is the ONLY way to God . . . you improperly interpret that to mean everyone must become a professed member of one of the Christian denominations and accept the "precepts and doctrines of men" espoused in them. I do NOT!.

I have a personal relationship with God and Jesus and suggest everyone else try to do the same. Listening to archaic pronouncements from self-righteous teachers about what is needed to succeed or be a Christian is the dangerous path . . . especially if it doesn't require any real change in how you think, feel, and act toward others and all life on earth. The character of your consciousness will determine who you will spend this and the next life with. If you want to spend it with Jesus and God you best struggle to think, feel, and act LIKE Jesus . . . whatever you profess to BELIEVE, IMO. You pay your money and you take your chances . . . if your beliefs work for YOU to try to become Christlike that could be enough.
Quote:
You dont realize that the NT was written over 4k from the OT yet the customs/teachings/commandments were still INTACT

Less than 2,000 years have passed since the NT was written

What we have today is nothing new

The Word of God clearly states that heaven/earth will pass away but the Word of God will not.
You have no idea what I know or do not know, renriq . . . such presumption does not speak well for your open-mindedness. The Word of God is Jesus . . . who was made flesh and walked among us showing us the correct Way to God. If you like the Jewish traditions and culture . . . then you are more Jewish than Christian, IMO.
Quote:
Please show me ANYWHERE in the bible where it states that the teachings of Paul, Peter, and others do not apply to TODAY!

I have asked this a few times already, and yet nobody seems to be able to find it.
ALL the scriptures apply today to our SPIRITUAL relationship with God . . . not carnal matters of culture and tradition. I have never rejected the scriptures . . . just the Neanderthal CARNAL interpretations of it.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 AM

All of the first Christians were all Jewish

Christianity is a denomination under Judaism

Again please show where in the bible does it say that Paul/Peter's teaching do not apply to today?

Here let me help you out

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

According to you God got it wrong.
God didnt mean that men are the Head......that only applies to back in the days

You can't pick and choose what you want in the bible

Today we have hundreds of Messiahs...looks like we dont need Jesus anymore since His teaches are for 2,000 years ago

Quote:
Your reading comprehension might need work . . . I clearly said Jesus is the ONLY way to God . . . you improperly interpret that to mean everyone must become a professed member of one of the Christian denominations and accept the "precepts and doctrines of men" espoused in them. I do NOT!.

I have a personal relationship with God and Jesus and suggest everyone else try to do the same. Listening to archaic pronouncements from self-righteous teachers about what is needed to succeed or be a Christian is the dangerous path . . . especially if it doesn't require any real change in how you think, feel, and act toward others and all life on earth. The character of your consciousness will determine who your will spend this and the next life with. If you want to spend it with Jesus and God you best struggle to think, feel, and act LIKE Jesus . . . whatever you profess to BELIEVE, IMO. You pay your money and you take your chances . . . if your beliefs work for YOU to try to become Christlike that could be enough. You have no idea what I know or do not know, renriq . . . such presumption does not speak well for your open-mindedness. The Word of God is Jesus . . . who was made flesh and walked among us showing us the correct Way to God. If you like the jewish traditions and culture . . . then you are more Jewish than Christian, IMO.ALL the scriptures apply today to our SPIRITUAL relationship with God . . . not carnal matters of culture and tradition. I have never rejected the scriptures . . . just the Neanderthal CARNAL interpretations of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity