Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Did you read my above posts? I don't feel that will happen and neither does anyone affiliated with my faith. Yes, we do feel we have the true relgion but there are many many people that were faithful and earnest in their service to God before our Congregation was established and these will not be forgotten by God.

Only God reads hearts.
Oh, I did! And I agree, only God knows a heart. My post wasn't a reflection on you, although how can I say that and expect you to believe me when it was your words I was reading? lol I read your words, but what I felt was what I posted. My head and my heart aren't matching while reading. I'm sorry...I think I hurt you. I am very sorry.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
How do you request a new subforum -- like the new Atheist and Agnostic forum?

It seems only fair that the Jehovah's Witnesses should have their own sub-forum -- out of respect for their religious convictions -- so that they can converse with like minds and with those who believe as they do.

I'm just curious...
THere are lots of people on this board who agree with me on many topics, WorldCitizen. I certainly don't deserve to be banished because YOU feel I shouldnt call myself Christian...

If you respected my religious convictions you wouldnt feel the need to italicize your sarcastic remarks.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Oh, I did! And I agree, only God knows a heart. My post wasn't a reflection on you, although how can I say that and expect you to believe me when it was your words I was reading? lol I read your words, but what I felt was what I posted. My head and my heart aren't matching while reading. I'm sorry...I think I hurt you. I am very sorry.
Not at all. I just wanted to make sure I was clear.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
I'm very sorry you feel that I'm sarcastic. I do use italics as formatting... because this is written conversation.

But, I've not once used a roll-eyes and I've certainly not meant to be sarcastic.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
You said "leading their followers to Christ-like thoughts, feelings, and love of God and fellow human beings." That's much more, well, ignorant and short-sighted, than "represents the teachings of Christ correctly." So, again, which religions fail so miserably that they lead their followers to anti-Christ-like thoughts, feelings, and dislike of God and fellow human beings?
Personally, I feel that any religion that promotes violence is leading their followers to oppose the teachings of Christ. And by violence, I mean participation in the world's wars. I also have a problem with a Christians involving themselves in politics, pledging their alliegience to anyone other than God or Christ.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I'm very sorry you feel that I'm sarcastic. I do use italics as formatting... because this is written conversation. But, I've not once used a roll-eyes...

I've certainly not meant to be sarcastic.

They would be so proud of you!

That statement was said with malice and intended as a stab, whether you'd like to admit it or not. And the rolling eyes was in direct response to those types of statements. However, I'll admit I used them too freely and certainly did not mean to come accross as flippant. I apologize for that.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM

They would be so proud of you because you don't back down.

I meant exactly what I said.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
They would be so proud of you because you don't back down.

I meant exactly what I said.

In context, it seemed like a jab. If not, then I am sorry. It's difficult to determine the motive of someone's statements online sometimes.

And I like to think it's God that is proud of me; I don't discuss these things or make a defense for my faith for people. After all, faith involves being sure and if I am sure, why would I feel the need to back down?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM

594 posts, read 1,044,212 times
Quote:
Personally, I feel that any religion that promotes violence is leading their followers to oppose the teachings of Christ. And by violence, I mean participation in the world's wars. I also have a problem with a Christians involving themselves in politics, pledging their alliegience to anyone other than God or Christ.
Jehovah didn't have a problem with wars or earthly governments. Why do you?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
THere are lots of people on this board who agree with me on many topics, WorldCitizen. I certainly don't deserve to be banished because YOU feel I shouldnt call myself Christian...

If you respected my religious convictions you wouldnt feel the need to italicize your sarcastic remarks.
I certainly wouldn't take it upon myself to decide about whether or not the Jehovah's Witnesses are christian or not.

I posted another link earlier in the thread for those who are trying to understand what you believe from a "christian" perspective.

Here's some more...

Jehovah's Witness Beliefs

http://www.allaboutcults.org/jehovah-witness.htm

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/jw.htm

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-30-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity