Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ahh...yes if they are lucky. Even good parents screw up or unable to always be there. If I had a dollar for every time a girl had sex because the boy told them, "I love you" but that is neither here nor there.

The fact is many, many, many, many children are heavily influenced and they don't grow out of certain things or they are in so deep they don't know how or want to get out.
Wow your "facts" are as general as "The Bible." "Many, many, many children" how many? "Don't grow out of certaint things" What are you talking about?

What amazes me is that Ozzy Osborne "The Prince of Darkness" has made it into mainstream TV. He's doing TV spots for a cell phone.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Wow your "facts" are as general as "The Bible." "Many, many, many children" how many? "Don't grow out of certaint things" What are you talking about?

What amazes me is that Ozzy Osborne "The Prince of Darkness" has made it into mainstream TV. He's doing TV spots for a cell phone.
Hey...I liked that ad!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
umm Im' not the one who's bringing up some other poster who's posting about homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why are you changing the subject?

Running out of things to say? Logic proving Christianity is not the only right religion?

Seems like you are losing this debate.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:19 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Honestly I can't even respond to that logic. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that millions of children are not easily influenced?????

I am black. Would you like me to tell you how gangsta rap has influenced many of the black youth?

But gangsta rap is real, about real things, and most certainly it can help lead kids into turmoil. So can the nightly news and books and films about Hitler...those are very real things. But Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Wiz of Oz and other such fantasies are not real and kids know that. Are there some that think witchcraft is cool? Yes...but that comes to those who are far and away beyond the Harry Potter stage of life. And Wicca is not about broomstick flying witches and casting evil spells...it is a peaceful, nature-based belief.

So much Christian paranoia...it's sad.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:20 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post

Don't forget Alice Cooper

Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
But gangsta rap is real, about real things, and most certainly it can help lead kids into turmoil. So can the nightly news and books and films about Hitler...those are very real things. But Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Wiz of Oz and other such fantasies are not real and kids know that. Are there some that think witchcraft is cool? Yes...but that comes to those who are far and away beyond the Harry Potter stage of life. And Wicca is not about broomstick flying witches and casting evil spells...it is a peaceful, nature-based belief.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS REP!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post

Thank you. I have been reading this thread and it is disappointing how many people spout bs about a religion they do not know about or care to know about.

I am a Neo-Pagan not a Wiccan, but indeed a Neo-Pagan and people coming to Neo-Paganism because of Harry Potter, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a controversial topic among Neo-Pagans. This is because they have all sorts of unrealistic perceptions of what it means to be a Neo-Pagan. Most hollywood protrayals of witchcraft are purely fictional and thus are largely unrealted to Paganism. I do think it is good that people are taking a look at Neo-Paganism because it could help them find a meaningful spirituality, however most Neo-Pagans will laugh at you if you say your belief system is based on Harry Potter.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Thank you. I have been reading this thread and it is disappointing how many people spout bs about a religion they do not know about or care to know about.

I am a Neo-Pagan not a Wiccan, but indeed a Neo-Pagan and people coming to Neo-Paganism because of Harry Potter, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a controversial topic among Neo-Pagans. This is because they have all sorts of unrealistic perceptions of what it means to be a Neo-Pagan. Most hollywood protrayals of witchcraft are purely fictional and thus are largely unrealted to Paganism. I do think it is good that people are taking a look at Neo-Paganism because it could help them find a meaningful spirituality, however most Neo-Pagans will laugh at you if you say your belief system is based on Harry Potter.
Yes! Paganism is a very beautiful religion and it angers me to see Christians who think they know all call it horrible and evil. In reality, Pagan is nothing like Christianity. They are so much more peaceful and wonderful.

How long have you been Pagan?

Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
some way you see Christianity evil because it doesnt follow the pagan beliefs...is the same way we see paganism because it doesnt follow Christianity.

not sure why it angers you?
You not allowing US to believe in what we want is called bigotry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes! Paganism is a very beautiful religion and it angers me to see Christians who think they know all call it horrible and evil. In reality, Pagan is nothing like Christianity. They are so much more peaceful and wonderful.

How long have you been Pagan?

Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
some way you see Christianity evil because it doesnt follow the pagan beliefs...is the same way we see paganism because it doesnt follow Christianity.

not sure why it angers you?
You not allowing US to believe in what we want is called bigotry
No! Are you serious? I have been debating you for like a day and you still don't know why I am debating you!

I am saying that by your LOGIC...by saying Wicca is evil, you are saying Christianity is evil. Your holidays are based of Wiccan holidays and STOLEN from Wiccans! So if Wicca is evil and you based your religion on even SOME of it, then your religion is also evil.

There I spelled it out for you! Do you get it now?

LOL! BIGOTRY? Me? Hahahah!!!! I think you oughta look at some of the things YOU said, Mr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity