Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Speaking of apples and oranges...How can you possibly see extreme Christians and Muslims in the same light....How many have Christians killed today, compared to Muslims?
Were did I say I saw them in the same light?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
At least you speak like a true liberal..
you advocate freedom of expression.
I am a true liberal and I do advocate freedom of expression. You are free to do and say as you wish.

Don't know where you get the stupid ideas from...wait..I know but I am not going to say it on here.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Except when it comes to religious lifestyles.
Excuse me? When did I ever say you cannot be Christian? You can be whatever you want.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
neither religion would tolerate an attack on a church.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
The difference btwn Christianity and Islam is that Islam teaches their followers to hate and to annihilate those who dont believe in Allah.

Those people who were killing people in the 'Crusades' were not Christians, and were not doing for God.

You will not find a place in the New Testament where God tells Christians to go annihilate any 'infidels' or anyone who will not believe in Allah.

A lot of my friends were former Muslims.
They read/speak Arabic, and acknowledge the many hateful teachings that are in the Hadith/Quran.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:16 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
Theliberalvoice, you clearly missed the point. Christians played a key role in the founding of this nation, including writing the laws which protect all religions in the USA (i.e. real tolerance), and yet you claim that Christians would never allow this freedom to believe or disbelieve any other religion if it was up to them. In fact, you said that Christians "would be doing the same thing" as the radical Muslims if given the opportunity. Well let me remind you again that Christians did play a serious part in the founding of our first government, so it seems that you have very little to build on in that regard. Much of our law was based on Christian principles, but the important thing to understand is that they did not create a government to be dictated by any religion - again, protecting real tolerance for the benefit of every citizen. You likely won't find this in a government created by Islam.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:00 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Comparing USA/England/Canada to Muslim countries if like comparing apples and oranges. You cannot do it.

Not saying it is right, just that Christians have no room to speak.
No room to speak . . . from a freedom of expression advocate . . . hmmmm. Having a violent history that has been overcome doesn't preclude anyone from criticizing and tryng to prevent others from making the same mistakes. However, the violence in Islam IS SCRIPTURAL (unlike Christianity) . . . but the most troublesome aspect of their philosophy and scripture is the dispensation (nay, an obligation) to lie and be deceitful to infidels to spread the establishment of Islamic law to ALL nations for Allah, convert them or subdue them into dhimmitude.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 11-27-2008 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity