Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
However, if he is not able to, she should then turn to her fellow sisters in Christ or the leadership of the church and in doing so she is not erring or usurping authority through her bypassing her husband who is ill equip to offer the insight she needs.

this is terrible advice to give anyone...
It's completely without support in the Bible, and it dooms a marriage, and divides the family.

The role of leader of the family is not handed out to the husband by merit!!!!!!!!!

I know that might shock the women's libbers in the abundance here, but this is the way life is girls, so you might as well lay back and get used to it...

let me say that again in case you missed my point.

The role of leader of the family is not handed out to the husband by merit.

Being smart with the bible is not the only way a man gets to be the faith leader of his own home.

Husbands and wives both have a role and you learn to fulfill that role in doing that role.

You don't get good at riding a bike by just studying how to ride a bike out of a book.
Sooner or later you have to get on the bike and start peddling, knowing full well that you are going to crash a few times along the way.

Being the submissive wife, or being the protecting and guiding husband is not something you learn out of a book.
Nor is it something you get handed to you by merit.

You learn by doing it kids,
Thats it, you learn to be a good submissive wife by doing that role in the marriage.

You learn to be a husband that can be seen as a good leader of the home not by reading about the concept, but rather by putting yourself in that role...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned ...lets stick to the bible shall we?

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

Clearly it states that aged women can teach younger women to LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS

You're taking the roles to a level that has no bearing.

Women can seek help or counsel outside of their marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
this is terrible advice to give anyone...
It's completely without support in the Bible, and it dooms a marriage, and divides the family.

The role of leader of the family is not handed out to the husband by merit!!!!!!!!!

I know that might shock the women's libbers in the abundance here, but this is the way life is girls, so you might as well lay back and get used to it...

let me say that again in case you missed my point.

The role of leader of the family is not handed out to the husband by merit.

Being smart with the bible is not the only way a man gets to be the faith leader of his own home.

Husbands and wives both have a role and you learn to fulfill that role in doing that role.

You don't get good at riding a bike by just studying how to ride a bike out of a book.
Sooner or later you have to get on the bike and start peddling, knowing full well that you are going to crash a few times along the way.

Being the submissive wife, or being the protecting and guiding husband is not something you learn out of a book.
Nor is it something you get handed to you by merit.

You learn by doing it kids,
Thats it, you learn to be a good submissive wife by doing that role in the marriage.

You learn to be a husband that can be seen as a good leader of the home not by reading about the concept, but rather by putting yourself in that role...

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2009 at 09:11 PM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Sooo...what if the husband is clueless ...
it's moot.

The husband is to be the faith leader of the home.
It falls to the Christian husband to take the lead in such matters of faith.
Thus if a wife understands that her husband lacks good biblical teachings on some issue, she should encourage her husband to become more familiar with the topic.

Going behind your own husband's back and seeking advice and answers for outsiders is a sure way for a wife to build a wall between themselves and their husband...

This is why God's word clearly and directly commands the wife to ask her husband at home.
That is what a good wife should do.
This is not hinged on the husband knowing all the answers, it's hinged on if the wife wants her husband to get better at answering Bible questions...

If the wife does want her husband to get good at answering bible questions , guess what she can do?
Ask him bible questions!!!!!!

so simple, but it's the best advice to give anyone who might be married to a husband who lacks knowledge in faith areas...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Calling my husband "master" would be very offensive. That is creepy. Any woman that lives like that is fooling you if she convinces you that she actually likes it.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:54 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
just like any woman or man telling someone else they 'LOVE THEM' without knowing God...is fooling the other person

Loving someone without loving God is an oxymoron because God is love

Any woman calling her husband 'master' would be because they love God not because of their husband.

BTW I'm not saying that she 'needs' to do that to prove her love.....

Quote:
Calling my husband "master" would be very offensive. That is creepy. Any woman that lives like that is fooling you if she convinces you that she actually likes it.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Calling my husband "master" .
"Sir" works just as well....

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
it's moot.

The husband is to be the faith leader of the home.
It falls to the Christian husband to take the lead in such matters of faith.
Thus if a wife understands that her husband lacks good biblical teachings on some issue, she should encourage her husband to become more familiar with the topic.

Going behind your own husband's back and seeking advice and answers for outsiders is a sure way for a wife to build a wall between themselves and their husband...

This is why God's word clearly and directly commands the wife to ask her husband at home.
That is what a good wife should do.
This is not hinged on the husband knowing all the answers, it's hinged on if the wife wants her husband to get better at answering Bible questions...

If the wife does want her husband to get good at answering bible questions , guess what she can do?
Ask him bible questions!!!!!!

so simple, but it's the best advice to give anyone who might be married to a husband who lacks knowledge in faith areas...

Oh my Alan. So you are seriously saying that a woman should be taught church matter and Bible stuff by her husband even if what he is teaching may be wrong? Wow. So should you show your algebra teacher proper respect by just allowing him to teach you algebra the WRONG way?! Same concept.

So what if the husband is not even in church? What if the non church going husband all of the sudden wants to know about god? Can she not even tell him anything?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:10 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,181 times
Quote:
Wrongo-Bongo...

It has to fall to the husband to be the leader of the home.
This is the way God wants the home to be run.
The husband is not born with great knowledge of the Bible, a husband has to learn it , and the best way to learn it is to have to teach it to someone.

Thus if a wife has questions about the Bible, let her ask her husband at home.
If he dont know, then it falls to him to search for the answer as it falls to the wife to allow him this role.
Men lead, wives help.
But a wife does not help be leading...
She helps by helping him become and be seen as the leader.
Alan... but you miss the point. Yes this is what would be ideal. A "hey honey you know, I don't have the answer to that but let me pray about it and do some studying and I'll get back to you on it"... BUT sadly this is not the case. Do you realize how many women are serving the Lord while living with unbelieving husbands who not only can't but refuse to grow in that knowledge. Not only that, in many cases they live with a husband who flat out denies the relevance or importance of God and see it as "her little religious thing". They have no desire whatsoever to learn because they don't even believe in God either in that way or at all.

Yes I believe that one learns at such deeper levels when they in fact teach others. I know this first hand having been a children's church teacher myself. However, you have to have some foundation and you have to have a desire to learn. Without this you are really talking about the blind leading the blind. As is often the case when a marriage is so drastically unequally yoked.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times
Amen!!! Brother you have my vote on the award for the "Man of the Year". You not only have a very fortunate wife but you completely just gave yourself a huge round of applause by me and thousands of other Christian women reading these threads.

Your next step little elmer.... start a men's study group or better yet, go Nationwide/Worldwide with your beliefs and we will have a better Country, fantastic marriages and well behaved healthy children and a hope for our future generation. We need more men like you in this world. This was one of the best posts I have read for months!! Thankyou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The entire subject is under the precept that the husband will submit to Christ, and love his wife as He loves the Church.

Without that foundation, the marriage (and the country as we've seen) is built on sand. As a microcosm, my wife submits and resists as my submission to the Lord comes and goes.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Oh my Alan. So you are seriously saying that a woman should be taught church matter and Bible stuff by her husband even if what he is teaching may be wrong?
Of course!

The command for wives to ask their husbands Bible questions at home is not just given to those few lucky girls that married guys like me who know it all..

Rather the command goes out to all wives , because this is how husbands get better at answering Bible questions.

Remember, we Christian husbands don't just fall off the tree knowing everything automatically about the Bible.
Husbands don't get handed a Certificate of Bible Understanding by the minister on the day they get married...LOL

Being able to answer your wife's questions about faith is something that a husbands learn to do.
It's not automatic.
It takes time.
It also takes a wife who understands her duty is to be the "helper" in the marriage.
And in this case, they best way she can help her husband become great at answering Bible questions is for her to ask him lots and lots of Bible questions.

Yes, he may stumble, but I think that a good wife will have the wisdom to see the gain in her goal of helping her husband be a true Leader.

The type of Leader that I think all girls deep down seek in their husbands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity