Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:23 PM

14,909 posts, read 17,215,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Death is to be abolished. But this passage refers to the second death in the Lake of Fire. And it says that this fire, this second death, is eternal, in verse 10. But this isn't the only verse in the Bible which says this. Would you like the complete list of verses?
Yes. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 03:39 PM

178 posts, read 184,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I just want to tell an interesting story I heard on a radio theatre presentation of a story about hell.
The person who went to hell was a horse trainer and always bet on the horses. He was very creative and very physically active. I think he ended up cheating people with his profession and that is why he went to hell.
He was sentenanced to spend eternity chained to a chair adding up columns of numbers on an adding machine in a windowless office.
Looking at it from this person's point of view, that sure seems to me like hell.
I know it is a joke, but believe me, adding up columns of numbers on an adding machine in a windowless office is nowhere near what hell is going to be. First, you will be separated from God - then you will have unquenchable
thirst in a place of fire and brimtone, no rest day or night, and tormented.

What Will Hell be Like?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, it can't be eternal if death is to be abolished one day and if God will be all in all. Jesus is to fill all things from top to bottom, and if all are to be reunited in Jesus Christ, so it cannot be eternal. God bless.
When God created us, he created us as eternal creatures. There are scriptures that seem to indicate that those in hell will be destroyed on Judgement Day.

What Will Hell be Like?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 PM

Hi Rejoicer (love your name ) , there are scriptures which present that all will be restored to God one day. God bless you.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:07 PM

895 posts, read 2,368,222 times
Sure it can if the following conditions are met
Quote:
Fires start when a flammable and/or a combustible material with an adequate supply of oxygen or another oxidizer is subjected to enough heat and is able to sustain a chain reaction. This is commonly called the fire tetrahedron. Fire cannot exist without all of these elements being in place (though as previously stated, another strong oxidizer can replace oxygen).
Once ignited, a chain reaction must take place whereby fires can sustain their own heat by the further release of heat energy in the process of combustion and may propagate, provided there is a continuous supply of an oxidizer and fuel.
Fire can be extinguished by removing any one of the elements of the fire tetrahedron. Fire extinguishing by the application of water acts by removing heat from the fuel faster than combustion generates it. Application of carbon dioxide is intended primarily to starve the fire of oxygen. A forest fire may be fought by starting smaller fires in advance of the main blaze, to deprive it of fuel. Other gaseous fire suppression agents, such as halon or HFC-227, interfere with the chemical reaction itself.
Or is the fire magical? lol

Old 08-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Rejoicer (love your name ) , there are scriptures which present that all will be restored to God one day. God bless you.
Thank you! I was reading your post where you mention Romans 8 and I have to tell you, Paul was talking to believers. Romans 8:6 - The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace, the sinful mind is hostile to God...... you, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit if the spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ he does not belong to Christ.

Romans 8:11, it says "And if the spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you.

(Those that do not belong to Christ are spiritually dead.)

Verse 16 - The Spirit himself testified with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his suffering in order that we may also share in his glory.

If everyone is going to be restored to God one day, there would have been no reason for Jesus to be crucified and pay the price for sinners. There would be no urgency for people to come to the saving grace of Christ. Only those who have Christ's spirit in them will share God's glory.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Hi Rejoicer,

You are right that Paul was speaking to believers and in vs. 18-22, he speaks of the expectation for the whole creation.

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation/creature waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation/creature was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in *hope21. that the creation/creature itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now

*hope=elpis=expectation

All are to be delivered from the freedom to corruption and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. We share in His glory and eventually all will share in this glory.

Jesus was crucified because without His sacrifice no one would be saved. God is calling out a people to today to be His people, to be His lights in the world, to manifest the saving grace of God in our lives today. Eventually all will come to share in the blessings of this saving grace. God bless.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post
Thank you! I was reading your post where you mention Romans 8 and I have to tell you, Paul was talking to believers. Romans 8:6 - The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace, the sinful mind is hostile to God...... you, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit if the spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ he does not belong to Christ.

Romans 8:11, it says "And if the spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you.

(Those that do not belong to Christ are spiritually dead.)

Verse 16 - The Spirit himself testified with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his suffering in order that we may also share in his glory.

If everyone is going to be restored to God one day, there would have been no reason for Jesus to be crucified and pay the price for sinners. There would be no urgency for people to come to the saving grace of Christ. Only those who have Christ's spirit in them will share God's glory.
God will have be saved in due time.

Quote:
1Ti 2:3-8
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 PM

216 posts, read 604,891 times
Watch this video of real testimonies of people who experienced the afterlife.
To Hell and Back, a study of NDE by Dr. Rawlings on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1261624/4427794 - broken link)

Old 08-01-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
God will have be saved in due time.

Quote:
1Ti 2:3-8
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Amen. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity