Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is this Prophet
Jesus 17 70.83%
Muhammaed 3 12.50%
Unknown 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:19 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samankaru View Post
Lets Evaluate

A Prophet like Moses
Deuteronomy 18:18-19 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

The prophet described in the above verse must have the following three characteristics:
  1. He will be like Moses.
  2. He will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.
  3. God will put his words in the mouth of the prophet and he will declare what God commanded him.

Moses Jesus Muhammed
Rejected by his people and then accepted Yes No Yes
Miraculous birth No Yes No
Encountered enemies in battle Yes No Yes
Family - married with children Yes No Yes

Some people feel that this prophecy refers to the prophet Jesus, on whom be peace. But, although Jesus (peace be upon him and all of God's prophets and messengers) was truly a prophet of God, he is not the prophet spoken of here. He was born miraculously, and finally God raised him up miraculously. On the other hand, Muhammad is more like Moses; both were born in a natural way and both died natural deaths.
Jesus and Moses received direct word from God, unlike Muhammad who supposdly received God's word from an angel, never directly from God.

Jesus/ Muhammad

Death
Jesus died and rose from the dead Muhammad died and stayed dead.

Fighting Jesus never fought Muhammad fought many many times

Hearing from God When Jesus heard from God he went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness, (Mark 1:14-15). When Muhammad heard from God (supposedly through an angel) he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide (Quran 74:1-5)

Identity

Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man.
Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

Muhammad claimed to be a man. Instructions Received From God the Father (John 5:19) Allegedly from an angel

Killing
Jesus never killed anyone

Muhammad killed many

Life
Jesus had the power to take life, but never did. He restored it.

Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never restored it.

No one ever died in Jesus' presence Many people died in Muhammad's presence -- he killed them.

Marriage

Jesus never married Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a nine year old girl.

Ministry
Jesus received his calling from God directly (Matt. 3:17).
Jesus received his commission in the daylight

Muhammad allegedly received it from an angel (Gabriel)
Muhammad received his words in the darkness of a cave.

Ministry Length
Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years Muhammad taught for more than 20 years. Even though Muhammad taught more than 20 years, Jesus had more of an impact than Muhammad.

Miracles
Jesus performed many miracles including healing people, calming a storm with a command, and raising people from the dead.

Muhammad's only alleged miracle was the Quran.

Prophecy
Jesus fulfilled biblical prophecy about being the Messiah

Muhammad did not fulfill any biblical prophecy except the ones about false teachers (Matt. 24:24).

Sacrifice
Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others.

Muhammad saved his own life many times and had others killed.

Sin
Jesus never sinned (1 Pet. 2:22)

Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 40:55; 48:1-2)

Slaves
Jesus owned no slaves

Muhammad owned slaves.

Virgin
Birth Jesus was virgin born

Muhammad was not virgin born.

Voice of God Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God (Mark 1:10-11) Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice of God. It was an angel instead.

Women Jesus spoke well of women Muhammad said women were were 1/2 as smart as men (Hadith 3:826; 2:541), that the majority in hell will be women (Had. 1:28,301; 2:161; 7:124), and that women could be mortgaged.

There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short, that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagles204 View Post
the brothern is the children of Ismael which Prophet Mohamed stemmed out of(read the word paran in the bible) Jesus was from the same tree as of moses which stemmed out of Isac so its clear the prophet is non other then Mohamed.
Say what??

Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
i am not very clear on what you say

Is it you are referring to the last verses of Deuteronomy 18

According to 18:20 But if any prophet dares to speak a message in my name when I did not command him to do so, he must die for it, and so must any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods.'

All humans has to die one day and every single person lived those days had already died.

So it cannot be Jesus either because Jesus died on the cross according to Christians.

So who is it ?
I think you are stretching that one a little bit.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
the brothern is the children of Ismael which Prophet Mohamed stemmed out of(read the word paran in the bible) Jesus was from the same tree as of moses which stemmed out of Isac so its clear the prophet is non other then Mohamed.
I wouldn't consider Ishmael a brother of Jacob. He was an enemy and that is why he and his mother were tossed out in the desert by Sarah.

Gen 21:10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
Gen 21:11 And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.
Gen 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

The called.....is in fact Isaac's seed, not Ishmael's seed

New Covenant confirmation:

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Both the Old Covenant and the New Covenant tell us to throw out the bondwoman and her son. The bondwoman is Hagar and the son being Ishmael. Therefore we are not to accept the one in bondage, that being Muhummad (who originates from Ishmael as you plainly put) and he also does not qualify as a prophet according to the scriptures.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Lets Evaluate

A Prophet like Moses
Deuteronomy 18:18-19 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

The prophet described in the above verse must have the following three characteristics:
  1. He will be like Moses.
  2. He will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.
  3. God will put his words in the mouth of the prophet and he will declare what God commanded him.

Moses Jesus Muhammed
Rejected by his people and then accepted Yes No Yes
Miraculous birth No Yes No
Encountered enemies in battle Yes No Yes
Family - married with children Yes No Yes

Some people feel that this prophecy refers to the prophet Jesus, on whom be peace. But, although Jesus (peace be upon him and all of God's prophets and messengers) was truly a prophet of God, he is not the prophet spoken of here. He was born miraculously, and finally God raised him up miraculously. On the other hand, Muhammad is more like Moses; both were born in a natural way and both died natural deaths.
Another weak attemp by the Islamic apologists.

Here is an article to help with the lies and twisting of Scripture Are there Prophecies of Muhammad in the Bible?

Also note the links within the article - very informative and helpful.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,876 times
Default Prophet Mohamed

Is defintly the prophet thats mentioned in deutronemy. He fits the descrebtion like a glove. and If the christians say its jesus then they cant believe that he is God too, because it clearly say that God will "raise them up a PROPHET". So you either believe that Jesus is a prophet or not, you cant have it both ways. and Jesus is unlike Moses as a matter fact he was unlike many prophets, so once again the verse here is talking about the final Messenger Mohamaed peace be upon him as he was from the decendents of Ismael which is the brotheren of the decendents of Isac.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:13 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,592,630 times
read the whole thread

mohammed is not Jewish

Quote:
Is defintly the prophet thats mentioned in deutronemy. He fits the descrebtion like a glove. and If the christians say its jesus then they cant believe that he is God too, because it clearly say that God will "raise them up a PROPHET". So you either believe that Jesus is a prophet or not, you cant have it both ways. and Jesus is unlike Moses as a matter fact he was unlike many prophets, so once again the verse here is talking about the final Messenger Mohamaed peace be upon him as he was from the decendents of Ismael which is the brotheren of the decendents of Isac.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,671,150 times
Jihad Watch: Islam 101

Jihad Watch: Blogging the Qur'an

Robert Spencer: Books

What they're saying about "The Truth About Muhammad":

"Intrepid Robert Spencer continues his quest to dispel myths, cure ignorance, and open our eyes to hard truths about Islam. Spencer trades platitudes for scholarship; delusions for reality. If we are going to win 'the War on Terror,' we need to know how Muhammad really lived -- and why he endures as the inspiration for global jihad. This book is a threat to 'religion of peace' propaganda that lulls the West into submission. Strike a blow for survival: buy it."
-- Michelle Malkin, nationally syndicated columnist and bestselling author of Unhinged, In Defense of Internment, and Invasion

"At a time when, even in the West, the pious narrative of Muhammad has gained a near-hegemonic hold, Robert Spencer offers a rare skeptical biography and interpretation of the prophet of Islam. Relying exclusively on Islamic sources, The Truth About Muhammad argues that, for fourteen hundred years, the 'words and deeds of Muhammad have been moving Muslims to commit acts of violence.'"
-- Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum and author of Slave Soldiers and Islam

"With boldness and courage, Spencer examines one of the most controversial subjects of our time. His extensive scholarship and clear style, together with his forceful argumentation, explain the complexities of contemporary politics. This fascinating book is essential reading to understand the crucial issues of the twenty-first century."
-- Bat Ye'or, author of Islam and Dhimmitude and Eurabia

"One of the chief merits of Spencer's biography of Muhammad is that he relies entirely on the earliest extant Arabic sources, and if the picture that emerges of the Prophet of Islam is far from flattering, Muslims, at least, cannot complain that it is a portrait painted by the enemy or infidels. Unfortunately, much of the subsequent bloody history of Islam can be said to derive from the example set by its founder: his intolerance of non-Muslims, his anti-Jewish sentiments, his attitude to women, all are attested to in the Islamic sources. Thanks to Spencer's biography, we can no longer pretend that Islamic fundamentalism is an aberrant form of Islam. The seeds of violence and intolerance are already there in Seventh Century Arabia, and in the life of Muhammad."
-- Ibn Warraq, author of Why I Am Not A Muslim and editor of What the Koran Really Says, The Quest for the Historical Mohammed and Leaving Islam: Apostates Speak Out

Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Ouch that hurts!!
I agree .. that should hurt..

We. . the Arabs are the descendants of Ishmael.. He's called the father of Arabs..

Mohammed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him is Arab .. so there you go..

i know it hurts you guys .. but that's just it..

truth has always been a pain ..

: ) To me.. it pains me to think that i ''sooner or later'' have to go of the dintist

yeah ..

Old 07-16-2010, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
[URL="http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam101/"]Jihad Watch: Islam 101[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jihadwatch.org/articles/bloggingtheq.php"]Jihad Watch: Blogging the Qur'an[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jihadwatch.org/books/"]Robert Spencer: Books[/URL]

What they're saying about "The Truth About Muhammad":

"Intrepid Robert Spencer continues his quest to dispel myths, cure ignorance, and open our eyes to hard truths about Islam. Spencer trades platitudes for scholarship; delusions for reality. If we are going to win 'the War on Terror,' we need to know how Muhammad really lived -- and why he endures as the inspiration for global jihad. This book is a threat to 'religion of peace' propaganda that lulls the West into submission. Strike a blow for survival: buy it."
-- Michelle Malkin, nationally syndicated columnist and bestselling author of Unhinged, In Defense of Internment, and Invasion

"At a time when, even in the West, the pious narrative of Muhammad has gained a near-hegemonic hold, Robert Spencer offers a rare skeptical biography and interpretation of the prophet of Islam. Relying exclusively on Islamic sources, The Truth About Muhammad argues that, for fourteen hundred years, the 'words and deeds of Muhammad have been moving Muslims to commit acts of violence.'"
-- Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum and author of Slave Soldiers and Islam

"With boldness and courage, Spencer examines one of the most controversial subjects of our time. His extensive scholarship and clear style, together with his forceful argumentation, explain the complexities of contemporary politics. This fascinating book is essential reading to understand the crucial issues of the twenty-first century."
-- Bat Ye'or, author of Islam and Dhimmitude and Eurabia

"One of the chief merits of Spencer's biography of Muhammad is that he relies entirely on the earliest extant Arabic sources, and if the picture that emerges of the Prophet of Islam is far from flattering, Muslims, at least, cannot complain that it is a portrait painted by the enemy or infidels. Unfortunately, much of the subsequent bloody history of Islam can be said to derive from the example set by its founder: his intolerance of non-Muslims, his anti-Jewish sentiments, his attitude to women, all are attested to in the Islamic sources. Thanks to Spencer's biography, we can no longer pretend that Islamic fundamentalism is an aberrant form of Islam. The seeds of violence and intolerance are already there in Seventh Century Arabia, and in the life of Muhammad."
-- Ibn Warraq, author of Why I Am Not A Muslim and editor of What the Koran Really Says, The Quest for the Historical Mohammed and Leaving Islam: Apostates Speak Out
Oh yeah.. jihad watch .. i remember this guy..

i've seen more peopel revert to islam since these guys showed up..

they basically motivate peopel to do thier own research.. so they get to have some of the credit. .we most surely appreciate him and guys like him .. sam ..him too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity