Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is this Prophet
Jesus 17 70.83%
Muhammaed 3 12.50%
Unknown 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 711 times

Advertisements

i will said the prophet mention in deut:18,18 is jesus , John 5:46-47, John 1:45 ,John 6:14John 7:40, [URL="http://bible.cc/john/12-49.htm"]John 12:49[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
definitely not mohammed or is he jewish?
Remember Isaac and Ishmael are brothers...So that makes the Jews and Arabs blood relatives...Both of them were Circumcised...The Circumcision is a sign of Yehovaw's Covenant with Abraham and his descendants...So, the question is...What happened between these two peoples?...

Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post

Identity

Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man.
Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

Muhammad claimed to be a man. Instructions Received From God the Father (John 5:19) Allegedly from an angel
Joh 8:24 Therefore, I said to you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM!

I don't know if He claimed to be God...However, He is the Word...The Walking Torah...Messiah is used for many others in the OT to indicate that they were the anointed of Yehovaw...

Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I wouldn't consider Ishmael a brother of Jacob. He was an enemy and that is why he and his mother were tossed out in the desert by Sarah.
Jacob????...Are you thinking of Jacob and Esau, the sons of Issac?...

Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 PM

697 posts, read 1,073,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Remember Isaac and Ishmael are brothers...So that makes the Jews and Arabs blood relatives...Both of them were Circumcised...The Circumcision is a sign of Yehovaw's Covenant with Abraham and his descendants...So, the question is...What happened between these two peoples?...
I've long been curious about this. I know so little about Islam, but I know it shares a common early history with Judaism. They are surely "brethren". The Prophet mentioned in the OP could well be Muhammad.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 PM

593 posts, read 892,085 times
You have to read the entire text or at least Deut 18 :18,19 & 20 to conclude that God (Yahweh) is referring to any false prophet who comes in Gods name substituted such as Allah (the ancient moon god) (Prehaps it is a warning that Mohammed would be that prophet?)

Old 05-05-2012, 04:37 PM

238 posts, read 271,072 times

Foreword:
Muslims are completely and totally spiritually blind and deaf
(as is everyone else who is born on this earth)
until they are born again (from above) by God's Spirit (John 3:3,7 and etc.)

Deuteronomy 18:
v 15 ... a Prophet like Moses
v 18 ... a Prophet from among their brethren, i.e. the Israelites

Everyone should realize that there became 2 major lines after Abram:
(1) Issac ... Jacob ... Judah ... David ... Jesus
(2) Ishmael ... the Arabs ... Mohammed

Obviously, this Prophet in Deut. 18 cannot be Mohammed.

This is from the Scriptures.
Now, if one chooses to follow other sources, that's up to him/her.

Satan ---> "angel" "Gabriel" ---> Mohammed ---> Qur'an ---> Islam

Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM

593 posts, read 892,085 times
After further study I believe God through Moses is making it clear that the prophet will be an Israelite and that would eliminate Mohammed as he was Arabic. Additionally in the earlier verses this prophet will speak in Gods name ( Iriginally I thought of Jesus "I come in my Fahters name",but as Irene has said it's a prophet (s) and a singular prophet ?

Das

Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,050,503 times
The prophet from Deuteronomy 18 is probably anybody the Lord chooses from the brethren in that day or the days that came , as there were many prophets from the children of Israel.... And Jesus was another prophet not the only one ....Muhammed took ideas from the Bible and put these ideas in the Koran some 2,000 years after Moses who prophesied for Deuteronomy Book

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 PM

151 posts, read 141,545 times
It is Jesus. the quran is not God's word; so, mohammed is counted out.

In regards to WHICH prophet written of in the Bible it is,...it has to be Jesus. If we don't hearken to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekial, Jonah, Zechariah, David, Samuel, etc, but still hearken to the words of Jesus, we will be saved and it will not be required of us. You have to be under judgement for your actions to be required of you. If we don't hearken to Jesus, we are under the law, whereas we are not if we do.

Since salvation is in grace, by faith, we who recieve grace are recieving something that trumps judgement. We recieve the means to have our sins not be required of us by hearkening to Jesus.

This does not possibly apply to anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity