Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Pastor?
Creflo Dollar 3 2.83%
Joel Osteen 14 13.21%
TD Jakes 10 9.43%
Joyce Meyer 19 17.92%
Neither 60 56.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I know the Gospel, Fundamentalist. I know the purpose of the church. I do not want to again remind you of my background in the Lord.

I remember what it was like and have known many other new believers like you. I sincerely hope that you make it through this obnoxious, zealous time without harming too many people - or being harmed yourself.

In the meantime, please, please don't talk to me.

Thank you.
I am not reminding you of anything. You are getting too personal. I gave my life to Jesus in 1993 but I received Christ last year. I grew up in the church. My father was a Pentecostal pastor. I grew up with the Cerillos, Oral Roberts, Poppoffs etc.... I preached in other churches on youth Sunday, not my father's because he knew best. When I wasn't a Christian I use to love to destroy "Christians" in debates because they did not know the gospel. I followed the liberal social gospel, hated fundementalist. I am not as dumb or obnoxious as you think.

Yes I am sorry for harming people as people listened intently as I preached that social gospel nonsense, even made fundamentalist think long and hard. I pray everyday that they didn't listen to me and stayed on the straight and narrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Joyce Meyers ministry is really growing, just look at the size of the compound. Next time you call the toll free number at the bottom of your TV screen, you'll know where your hard earned money is going. What a shameful scam. P.T. Barum was right when he said, "There is a sucker born every minute."

Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not reminding you of anything. You are getting too personal. I gave my life to Jesus in 1993 but I received Christ last year. I grew up in the church. My father was a Pentecostal pastor. I grew up with the Cerillos, Oral Roberts, Poppoffs etc.... I preached in other churches on youth Sunday, not my father's because he knew best. When I wasn't a Christian I use to love to destroy "Christians" in debates because they did not know the gospel. I followed the liberal social gospel, hated fundementalist. I am not as dumb or obnoxious as you think.

Yes I am sorry for harming people as people listened intently as I preached that social gospel nonsense, even made fundamentalist think long and hard. I pray everyday that they didn't listen to me and stayed on the straight and narrow.
I believe that you are sincere. I just think you need to spend time in prayer and really ask God to show you how to witness -- how you come across.

Pray for the people you mention from your past.

You admit that God uses these ministries.... Criticizing them on a public forum is not spreading the good news. If anything, it's giving the atheists and agnostics that read these posts more reason not to believe.

Let God be God. Let the Holy Spirit do His work.

pray without ceasing...

God bless!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I believe that you are sincere. I just think you need to spend time in prayer and really ask God to show you how to witness -- how you come across.

Pray for the people you mention from your past.

You admit that God uses these ministries....

Let God be God. Let the Holy Spirit do His work.

God bless!
I do all that but I must fend the faith as the Apostle Paul did. God pointed me to http://www.wayofthemaster.com/ and http://www.wretchedradio.com/members/podcast.cfm
My life changed! It went from lukewarm to extremely warm, aiming for hot

Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
You admit that God uses these ministries.... Criticizing them on a public forum is not spreading the good news. If anything, it's giving the atheists and agnostics that read these posts more reason not to believe.
If you really care about the winning souls, you really need to pray about your approach.
I know you can't be told anything because you know it all. At least I tried, again, to reach you.

Have a nice day!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
If you really care about the winning souls, you really need to pray about your approach.
I know you can't be told anything because you know it all. At least I tried, again, to reach you.

Have a nice day!

It is because of these ministries that atheists snicker and point fingers.

I am not in a forum of unbelievers, I am in a forum of Christians. My approach is preaching the word in season out of season, proclaiming the absolute truth. I don't yell, you are going to hell!, I do not call people names, I am not rude. I admit I do get alil' snarky only if the other person is rude. If people can't deal with the truth, that is not my fault. Paul was beaten, tortured etc..... I expect to be criticized. I was told in the bible.

Hell's Best Kept Secret
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/videolessons.shtml

Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It is because of these ministries that atheists snicker and point fingers.

I am not in a forum of unbelievers, I am in a forum of Christians. My approach is preaching the word in season out of season, proclaiming the absolute truth. I don't yell, you are going to hell!, I do not call people names, I am not rude. I admit I do get alil' snarky only if the other person is rude. If people can't deal with the truth, that is not my fault. Paul was beaten, tortured etc..... I expect to be criticized. I was told in the bible.
You are in a public forum. It is an audience to the world.

I can tell you from experience that there is persecution that comes with the Gospel. You don't have to go out looking for it.

You are not Paul.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM

381 posts, read 798,948 times
I don't think debating whether successful TV preachers , who live opulent lifestyles of the rich and famous is a bad thing on this site. paul said that there be false dotrines and Jesus said there will sheep who are ravenous wolves who would decieve the very elect.

So, when your business enjoys the tax expempt staus that these CD peddling, book peddling, tape peddling millionaire preachers do, then I say:

"I thought the gospel and the good news was free... why should it cost me to hear the gospel? When Joyce Meyer removed me from her mailing list 10 years ago because I didn't buy a tape in 6 months, then I saw her for what she was.
These are business people who use the gospel to self egrandize themselves and live large.

Whose house has she saved from foreclusre? is the food bank in her town stocked?
As an Aviation expert and airline Captain, I can tell you that flight department that she and ken copeland, and duplantis all run cost 15 to 20 million a year to operate not to mention the acquistiion cost tof the jet around 20 to 35 million.

How many seed churches did she plant? how many kids did she provide healthcare for. how many single moms did she help?

Senator charles Grassly was right. We need to remove the tax exempot status of these mega millionaire tape and CD slaesman (using the cloak of the gospel) and expose them. i gaurnatee that jet will be on the makret and many will leave her fold when they find out what she spends on herself.

rememeber when Jesus turned over the tables in the temple. that is how I feel right now. they are money changers perverting the temple..
their fruit is no good.

This forum is great because we can air our opinions. She and the others remind of the rich young ruler in Luke.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
You are in a public forum. It is an audience to the world.

I can tell you from experience that there is persecution that comes with the Gospel. You don't have to go out looking for it.

You are not Paul.
and if we are to be salt and light then we can not, will not accept nor hide heresy or abhorrent teaching in the Body of Christ. That's your opinion that I look for criticism. I don't and I don't care for it. I look to proclaim the truth, criticism comes with it. It's a must.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:07 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
A preacher to me recognizes the path of discipleship to Christ, and as He said - the servant is not greater than His master. Jesus saw that accumulating the "stuff of earth" was a detriment to the spiritual well being of the minister, as well as the ones being ministered to.

It takes a real work of grace for someone to not be defiled by the riches of this life, and even if their heart is in the right place, too many people see their lives and are offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity