Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:58 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times

Advertisements

Someone who goes against the teachings of our King who shed His blood for the sins of mankind.

Opposing the Anointed. Simple definition

So would this include those who have crept in the body of Believers, and profess doctrines contrary to the SOUND teachings of Jesus?

I would say with all sincerity,,,yes.

Now, what would these false doctrines include?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
OK before I get started, If I offended you then I apologize, that was not my intent, my intent was to put you in someone elses shoes.

How about just stand there and do nothing about evil even if you have the ability to help?

How about ignoring complimentery teachings of Christ like buy a sword if you dont have one?

How about misunderstanding what was finished at the cross? Was the book of Daniel fulfilled?

What about seeing evil where it doesnt exist while allowing evil where it does?

What about judging someone who is merely pointing out the obvious?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
The anti-christ has also been defined and to include the meaning "instead of" Christ.

The false doctrine of the anti-Christ is a man is justified by observing the law.

Gods words says the opposite:
Romans 3:27
Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith.

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

Read Roman chapter 4, the great faith only chapter, ending with the conclusion of the peace and joy we will recieve.. Romans 5

Romans 5:1,2
[ Peace and Joy ] Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times
Red face Scripture & Doctrine

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Someone who goes against the teachings of our King who shed His blood for the sins of mankind.

So would this include those who have crept in the body of Believers, and profess doctrines contrary to the SOUND teachings of Jesus?

Hello and greetings to you

I am sorry that I given you so much and information, is the way I received this knowledge from the Holy Spirit, these are like brainstorms, the study that you have here it is about Holy Spirit teaches us about wrong that are not of God and doctrines that are from God, I had to piece together maybe explained to me about these type of doctrines that are antichrist a group of people, that are against the Gospel. When you read them if you can help me to better understand what the Scripture says.

Sincerely TheWordIsOne

Nehemiah 8: 1-18`And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded to Israel. And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month. And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law. And Ezra the scribe stood upon the pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchah, and Hashum, and Hashbadara, Zechariah, and Meshullam. And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; ( for he was above all the people and when he opened it, all the people stood up; and Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hand; and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground. Also Joshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamia, Akub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law; and the people stood in their place. So they read in the book in the law of distincity, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading. And Nehemiah which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, this day is holy unto the Lord your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. Then he said unto them, go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy unto our Lord; neither be ye sorry; for joy of the Lord is your strength. So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved. And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them. And on the second day were gather the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law. And they found written in the law which the Lord had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month; and that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written. So the people went forth and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God the Father, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim. And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths; for since the days of Joshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness. Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God the Father. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.
Galatians 3:10-12`For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident; for the law is not of faith; but the man that doeth them shall live in them.
Romans 2:25-29; 3:1-2; For circumcision verily profited, if thou keep the law; but if thou be a breaker of the law, the circumcision is made uncircumcision. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfills the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God the Father. What advantage then hath the Jew? Or what profit is there of circumcision? Most every way; chiefly because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
First Peter 4:5-11`Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. But the end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things fervent charity among yourselves; for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God the Father. If any man speak, let him speak as the Oracles of God the Father.
First Timothy 1:3-11`As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith; so do. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned; from which some having swerved have turned aside unto vein jangling; desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; knowing this, that the law is not made for righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for man stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God of the Father, which was committed to my trust.
Isaiah 29: 9-16`Whom shall he teach knowledge? And whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry; they are drunken, but not with strong drink. For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes; the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered, and the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, read this I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed; and the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men; therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, who seeth us? And who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay; for shall the work say of him that made it, he made me not? Or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, he had no understanding.
Hebrews 13:7-17`Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God the Father; whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with the meats, which have not profited them have been occupied therein. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God the Father continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and communicate forget not; for with such sacrifices God the Father is well pleased. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves; for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief; for that is unprofitable for you.
Second Timothy 3:16-17`All scripture is given by inspiration of God the Father, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Mark 7: 6-20`As it is written, this people honoreth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandments of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups; and many other such like things ye do. And he sad unto them, full well ye reject the commandments of God the Father, that ye may keep your own tradition. For Moses said, Honor thy father and mother, let him die the death! But ye say, if a man shall say to his father or mother, it is corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; making the word of God the Father none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered; and many such like things do ye. And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, hearken unto me every one of you, and understand; there is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable. And he saith unto them, are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; because it entereth not into his heart, but the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging meats? And he said, that which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Second John 1:7-11`For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God the Father. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son of God. If there come any unto you, and bring not these doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed; for he that biddeth him God the Father, speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
John 7: 16-24`My doctrine is not mine, but His who sent me. If any one wills to do his will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on my own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is true, and no righteousness is in him. Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill me? Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the Father), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.
Second Timothy 4:1-5`I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their owns lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Second Timothy 3:10-17`but thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured; but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of knowing of whom thou hast learned them; and that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Luke 24:44-49 There are the works which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witness among these things. And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you; but tarry ye endured with authority from on high.
Romans 15: 1-6 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but as it is written, the reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus; that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Second Corinthians 1:12-14 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end; as also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Romans 16:25-27 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandments of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith; to God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:11-17 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. And I advanced in Judaism, beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His son in that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Second Corinthians 4:1-6 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handing the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But even if our gospel is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shown in our heart to give light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 4:1-10 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said; “So I swore in My judgment, They shall not enter My rest,” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of seventh day from all His works, and again in this place; they shall not enter My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying David, today after such a long time, as it has been said; Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
First Corinthians 4:14-21 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you. For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Jesus Christ I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore I urge you, imitate me. For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church. Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know not the word of those who are not in word but in power. For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power. What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?
Second Corinthians 11:1-4 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly--and indeed you do bear with me. For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear lest somehow, as the serpent deceive Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted--you may well put up with it!
Second Thessalonians 1:3-12 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecution and tribulation that you endure, which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His authority, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed. Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Second Timothy 1:8-12 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the authority of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Jesus Christ before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of Gentiles. For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Galatians 1:6-10 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, of God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ, who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia and returned again to Damascus.
First Corinthians 15:1 - 11 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you fist of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
Romans 1: 16 - 24 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the Majesty of God the Father to salvation for everyone who believe, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
First Corinthians 9: 1 - 1 7Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? If I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. My defense to those who examine me is this: Do we have no right to eat and drink? Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the apostles, the brothers of the Lord, And Cephas? Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working? Who ever goes to war at his own? Who plants a vineyard and dose not eat of its fruit? Or who tends a flock and dose not drink of the milk of the flock? Do I say these things as a mere man? Or dose not the law say the same also? For it is written in the law of Moses, You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the gain. Is oxen God is concerned about? Or dose He say it altogether for our sake? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of hope. If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things? If other are partakers of this right over you, are we not ever more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ. Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar? Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel. But I have used none of these things, nor have I written these things that it should be done so to me, for it would be better for me to die than that anyone should make my boasting void. For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.
First Peter 3: 18- 22; 4: 1- 6 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. There is also an antitype, which now saves us--baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him. Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of me, but for the will of God. For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles---when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, and they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but alive according to God in the spirit.
First John 4: 1 – 6 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know us the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Inspire by The Holy Spirit

Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda

Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
our carnal mind is the anti-christ!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,732 times
The kid who beat up Jesus while he was little.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
The kid who beat up Jesus while he was little.

anti-Man that what to be superhero

Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
OK before I get started, If I offended you then I apologize, that was not my intent, my intent was to put you in someone elses shoes.
While I have not been in that senario that you described in the other post, I forgive you. I have seen some pretty bad things in my life, and have been involved in some as well, God forgive me.

Quote:
How about just stand there and do nothing about evil even if you have the ability to help??
I really don't know what I would do, these days, if a horrible event happened in my life. I know what my past life prior to seeking Jesus out, would have done.
Most people must think that Christians generally are some weak minded feeble people. Well, I am neither. At 6'7", most get intimidated just by looking up at me. Also I have a high tolerance for pain, and used it quite well in my younger years.

So, I would hope that in seeing all the events in my life, as such the horrible sinner I was, that I could accept Jesus, as my King, to intervene, if the need arises.

Quote:
How about ignoring complimentery teachings of Christ like buy a sword if you dont have one??
Christ told them to buy the sword to fulfill that last bit of prophecy of His ministry. As soon as they pulled it out, and "He was numbered with the Transgressers", He told them to put them down, as those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Quote:
How about misunderstanding what was finished at the cross? Was the book of Daniel fulfilled??
Yes, I believe so, in the physical sense.

Quote:
What about seeing evil where it doesnt exist while allowing evil where it does??
Seeing evil, period, takes a mind that can discern what is good, and what is anti-good. See, most people would say that guns, for example, are not evil. Only the user behind them is what is evil in intent. But I would say that without guns, there would have never been the temptation to use them. So how could the evil manifest itself, if the instrument was not there to tempt?

In other words, look at the tree of knowledge. Had the tree not been there, then the temptation would not have as well.

Sometimes, it is better when inventing something, to see if the future intentions could be misplaced and evil could arise out of it being just there at that moment. Nuclear weapons fall into this catagory.

Quote:
What about judging someone who is merely pointing out the obvious?
Judging and rebuking are 2 different things. You pointed out a "what-if" senario, and that is what offended me. It was also very unChristian like to do so. Or Anti-Christian. Just the mental pictures, were enough to make me sick, and feel unChristian like in my responses and thoughts. It was a stumbling block placed in front of me.

Christians, are not supposed to place stumbling blocks in front of other believers. We are to stay unified in our beliefs, and lift each other up, both spiritually, and physically, when we are down. If we see another in need, we leap to the chance to help. Right?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
our carnal mind is the anti-christ!
Ding, ding - we have a winner!

It's the nature we're born with, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity