Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 08:06 PM

179 posts, read 83,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
This topic was begun 9 years ago. Clearly the person must have gone out the window by now.
I didn't realize the topic was that old. In that case the person who posted the topic most likely died of natural causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 08:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post
I didn't realize the topic was that old. In that case the person who posted the topic most likely died of natural causes.
Or was killed and eaten by a Demon.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I actually have the real account of the exorcism of Robbie Mannheim which inspired the movie
Quote:
The Exorcist
. I haven't had the chance to read this book yet but it's on my reading list when I get to it. The movie is based on an exorcism that went on for quite some time and which deeply frightened the community as this exorcism was not your run of the mill exorcism. I'm sure the movie throws in much imagination like the cross scene and the possessed person being girl when in the real exorcism it was a young boy.

In a real exorcism, the very last thing a priest would want to do is to ask the demon to come into him. If such a case did happen then it might be conceived that the priest jumped through the window to prevent hurting anyone. But as I have not read the book yet I can't comment much on this exorcism. Though more accounts like this will surface up in modern times as there are so few exorcists today and some of them simply do not have the training to prepare themselves for a major exorcism. But exorcisms are real. Demon possession is very real.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 AM

919 posts, read 609,593 times
Quote:

This is definitely not a topic for one who hates Catholicism. Being a Protestant most of my life, and now being both a Protestant and a Catholic, I am aware of truths of both sides and their faults. The Catholics do exorcisms best hands down. This does not mean Protestants cannot do them and do them effectively. Though on average the Catholics are better prepared to handle the situation they are walking into. There are exceptions on both sides.

All demons challenge the exorcism and none want to leave. This is why it takes a learned exorcist to do it right. There are preparations that must be done, prayer and fasting before the ritual even takes place. The exorcist must partake in the most holy sacrament before the exorcism takes place. Doing an exorcism is not something you just jump into. Maybe if I were more ignorant of the demonic world I might agree with you. Demons are highly advanced and intelligent brings. But there are ways we humans can trick them and we do have a spirit more powerful than the demon Who is the Spirit Who actually cast out the evil spirit.

Then there are the interviews prior to engagement. Many questions that need to be asked. The person selected to perform the exorcism is not allowed to perform on someone who may be merely suffering from mental problems. So knowledge of the person's mental and physical health is important. Doing an exorcism on a person who is not possessed is just plain stupid. Unfortunately this kind of stupidity does happen and more often than the real exorcisms. This is why we Christians are called to be obedient to God and to respect the priesthood. So even if you were to do an exorcism without the consent of the RCC, you better at least have the faith and obedience enough to study the ritual among the other study tools used to train exorcists. I have all the tools and no exorcist is complete without them.
"The Catholics do exorcisms best hands down" Really?
Over a decade ago I was led by a long series of coincidences to a family who'd been experiencing disturbances & poltergeist activity.
The entire house had interrupted sleep. One of the 14yo boys kept collapsing for no reason. The step-dad suffered from excruciating migraines. Both spent 3 days in hospital at different times for extensive tests. Both times the Dr's could not find any physical cause. The 2yo toddler started screaming one night. As the family rushed into her room she was standing in a corner pointing while screaming 'Bad man. Bad man.'. Framed pictures started flying across the room, smashing against walls. Electrical equipment started malfunctioning.
Just several examples of the phenomena they were experiencing.
They weren't at all religious but their boys were going to a Catholic school on football scholarships.
So they went to see the Headmaster, who was a priest to ask for help. He assured them that the church had an official 'exorcist' who would clear it up no problem.

According to the parents, the priest exorcist was in the home for less than ten minutes before he turned pale & fled while repeatedly exclaiming 'It's evil! It's evil! ...." lol. Although I find the story highly amusing, this freaked out the family even more. If the so-called 'expert' crapped his pants & fled in terror, what hope did they have?
So they then sought help from various imbeciles, from a 'white' witch who pranced around with a sage stick, to a gay 'Egyptian mage' who offered to 'redirect the curse' onto someone else for an odd sum of money.
After each 'exorcism' the phenomena got worse.

As it turned out; there were 3 negative entities (Still not sure what they were exactly but one had 'enslaved' the other two) & a spirit of a deceased past resident.

Ive been asked many times to help after Christian 'exorcists' had failed. Much harm can be done by those who have no clue what they're doing.
The fact that you think that "rosaries & holy water" are required "tools" shows that you haven't much of an idea yourself. There's no power in objects or words or books. The power to CLEAR a negative entity comes from within (because we are 'children of God')
My main issue with Christian 'exorcism' is the adversarial attitude. This is why so many Christian 'exorcists' feel the need to try & physically bash the spirit/entity out, usually out of frustration when their ranting, holy water & crucifix fail to make any impression.

Those who wish to step into this field need to understand that you're dealing with entities that could be just lost souls (spirits) of once incarnate beings. Many spirits are stuck in this world because they fear if they move on they'll be sent to Hell. A spirit full of fear or a spirit that was mentally ill in life, can appear what you would call 'demonic'. Regardless though, an entity is a living being & one of the Divines creations. Treat it as such.

Spirits are just people who are no longer inhabiting a physical body & deserve the same respect as the living. It doesn't matter whether I feel it's an NE or a spirit, I treat them all the same. It is not my intent to harm them. They have the choice of 'the easy way or the hard way' when they don't belong in this realm. All I'm doing is sending them back from whence they came (Many are 'let in' by inexperienced Ouija board users, by inadvertently opening doors to lower realms. Although I fully understand how to use a Ouija board I never will)

As for spirits who are terrified of 'going to the Light', I would never force them against their will. I do however, make it perfectly clear that if they wish to remain they need to respect the living inhabitants (I've got a few stories of spirits who remained. The inhabitants, who once feared them, came to enjoy having a resident spirit)
You also need to understand that most spirits/entities attach themselves to a space like a home or building. In my experience it's quite rare to have spirits/entities attach themselves to a reasonably stable & mentally well individual. (It's true to say though that NEs are attracted to the mentally unwell. Insane asylums are full of people with attached spirits/NEs but although they may well inflame a mental illness, they are not the cause of it)

You've proved the adage that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing (because you've allowed yourself to be led astray) so I wont share my methods in a PM. But to steer you in the right direction I'll say this; I sit in a dark room with a candle for illumination, preferably late at night & I do not raise my voice (Well, sometimes I may have to rebuke an entity when we first meet, like one would a naughty dog who's peed on the carpet, just to show them who's in charge, lol) nor would I ever touch anyone who may have an attached spirit/entity during a clearing.
If you want to get into this field & be effective without causing harm (& that includes yourself) then please consider my words carefully. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
"The Catholics do exorcisms best hands down" Really?
Over a decade ago I was led by a long series of coincidences to a family who'd been experiencing disturbances & poltergeist activity.
The entire house had interrupted sleep. One of the 14yo boys kept collapsing for no reason. The step-dad suffered from excruciating migraines. Both spent 3 days in hospital at different times for extensive tests. Both times the Dr's could not find any physical cause. The 2yo toddler started screaming one night. As the family rushed into her room she was standing in a corner pointing while screaming 'Bad man. Bad man.'. Framed pictures started flying across the room, smashing against walls. Electrical equipment started malfunctioning.
Just several examples of the phenomena they were experiencing.
They weren't at all religious but their boys were going to a Catholic school on football scholarships.
So they went to see the Headmaster, who was a priest to ask for help. He assured them that the church had an official 'exorcist' who would clear it up no problem.

According to the parents, the priest exorcist was in the home for less than ten minutes before he turned pale & fled while repeatedly exclaiming 'It's evil! It's evil! ...." lol. Although I find the story highly amusing, this freaked out the family even more. If the so-called 'expert' crapped his pants & fled in terror, what hope did they have?
So they then sought help from various imbeciles, from a 'white' witch who pranced around with a sage stick, to a gay 'Egyptian mage' who offered to 'redirect the curse' onto someone else for an odd sum of money.
After each 'exorcism' the phenomena got worse.
There are many people with no experience with the demonic who become exorcists and their faith becomes enlighten through the experience. I'd say that Catholic priest was not in any way shape or form prepared. Just because someone uses the Roman Ritual don't mean it will work without faith. So you have only manage to prove that without faith it won't work. I already know this.

Quote:
As it turned out; there were 3 negative entities (Still not sure what they were exactly but one had 'enslaved' the other two) & a spirit of a deceased past resident.
Looks like to me the demons outsmarted you! Demons are intelligent beings and like the intelligent beings they are they have their own agenda which is to make destroy salvation for mankind. In you all they saw was a better opportunity to further their mischief. The spirits of the dead have moved on and there is no coming back from the dead apart from Christ power. Did you invoke the name of Christ in your voodoo exorcism? If not, then you've been hoodwinked, had, bamboozled, fooled by the entity. You're not talking to someone who knows nothing about this sort of stuff. Just because I've never done an exorcism before doesn't mean I don't know what to do. I'm not that priest who turns pale and runs out screaming "Its evil!." I have no fear. I know the power of the Holy Spirit and that's all I need to know. So using failed exorcists as your subtle suggestion to say Christianity is false doesn't impress me one bit. I know all about how NewAgers go about their so called exorcisms and all its doing is creating the perfect storm of demonic activity which is very clearly observed in society today.

Quote:
Ive been asked many times to help after Christian 'exorcists' had failed. Much harm can be done by those who have no clue what they're doing.
And I'm sure you got this story about how great and mighty and powerful you are which is exactly what demons want you to think. You've managed to become a sorcerer and an enchanter. But an exorcist you are not. I do doubt the credibility of your boast here due to the increase of the occult in America. They aren't ghosts of the dead. They are demons if the story you told me is true. The first 5 years of my life I lived in a home where a poltergeist happened. It was a low lever intrusion and not like the movie by any means. But it was enough where 3 members out of 4 were effected by it and we did see many spirits and one of them I can confirm was a demon. For it had no legs or bottom half and looked like a corpse and moved backwards. There many other spirits I saw and some were demonic while others I refused to categorize due to my own lack of knowledge as I was very young when this happened. But my older sister also recalled the same events and even jogged my memory over the game these bluish looking spirits used to play on the floor. I forgot what they were playing as they appeared to me as little children. She told me they played some cool looking game that looked like space marbles and then I remember perfectly what she was saying. But that was not the end of my experiences...only the beginning.

Quote:
The fact that you think that "rosaries & holy water" are required "tools" shows that you haven't much of an idea yourself. There's no power in objects or words or books. The power to CLEAR a negative entity comes from within (because we are 'children of God')
It is Christ Himself who drives out the demon. No human has the power to drive a demon out of a person or a house. Holy water and the rosary are very effective tools of the trade which are used for prayer. I know when I do my first exorcism it will be done quickly. Some people are just made for it because they understand it before they actually do it. There are no surprises with me. I already know the power of good and evil.

Quote:
My main issue with Christian 'exorcism' is the adversarial attitude. This is why so many Christian 'exorcists' feel the need to try & physically bash the spirit/entity out, usually out of frustration when their ranting, holy water & crucifix fail to make any impression.
Gees, maybe you should go and talk to the world's top exorcists which all happen to be in Rome. I'm sure you won't last long discussing the issue with them. Over in Rome they have real exorcists there and well known for their works. All I see from you NewAgers is an increased interest in the occult which is the reason why there is a need for more exorcists. Clearly your NewAgers are not accomplishing what you think you're accomplishing. You shaman are simply clueless.

Quote:
Those who wish to step into this field need to understand that you're dealing with entities that could be just lost souls (spirits) of once incarnate beings. Many spirits are stuck in this world because they fear if they move on they'll be sent to Hell.
Say that again...this time slooowly.

Sounds like hell is a reality. Anton LaVey found out about hell on his death bed when he all the sudden became very alarmed and frightened and then his last words were how he was wrong about his life or something to that effect.

Quote:
A spirit full of fear or a spirit that was mentally ill in life, can appear what you would call 'demonic'. Regardless though, an entity is a living being & one of the Divines creations. Treat it as such.
You're right. You do have to be respectful. But this does not mean you can drive out and send it into the abyss. I cannot even utter what I plan on doing. When I get started lets just say there will be a lot less of them on earth. There was a time centuries ago when these demons were stripped of their influence on society. They did not become powerful again by accident. Its the world of the occult that has given them power to become noticed again and even normalized. I haven't decided if my approach will be authorized or whether or not its even a good idea. I'll be learning more about that later. But if my approach is acceptable to God then...yeah, many demons will be removed from the earth and sent into an abyss. But I will not say nor even utter as to how I will accomplish this. But if its the Lord's will and I get His approval, then it shall be done. For nothing the exorcist can do will he be able to do on his own or by his own power. You shaman may be able to entertain then like playing the flute for a cobra or something, but you do not solve the problem. And Houston...we do have a problem! We are just scratching the surface of what will become normalized once again.

Quote:
Spirits are just people who are no longer inhabiting a physical body & deserve the same respect as the living. It doesn't matter whether I feel it's an NE or a spirit, I treat them all the same. It is not my intent to harm them. They have the choice of 'the easy way or the hard way' when they don't belong in this realm. All I'm doing is sending them back from whence they came (Many are 'let in' by inexperienced Ouija board users, by inadvertently opening doors to lower realms. Although I fully understand how to use a Ouija board I never will)
Listen, I do agree that spirits (non-demons) exist. I know very little about them. This is one of the reasons why I have kept myself back from seeking to engage in full time exorcism. I still have some learning to do before I am fit to be approved by the church for the task. So even in all my experiences I still need to be trained and I accept that training because demons love the egos of men who think they understand everything about the spiritual realm when in reality its the demons who have duped the shaman into their game. They are not spirits of the dead. I mean, I suppose in rare cases there might be exceptions. So I won't speak for God in these matters. But for the most part, they are demonic and only appearing to be spirits of the dead. Idolatry began with demon worship. The same deception of ancient times is right now happening in front of our very eyes today.

Quote:
As for spirits who are terrified of 'going to the Light', I would never force them against their will. I do however, make it perfectly clear that if they wish to remain they need to respect the living inhabitants (I've got a few stories of spirits who remained. The inhabitants, who once feared them, came to enjoy having a resident spirit)
You also need to understand that most spirits/entities attach themselves to a space like a home or building. In my experience it's quite rare to have spirits/entities attach themselves to a reasonably stable & mentally well individual. (It's true to say though that NEs are attracted to the mentally unwell. Insane asylums are full of people with attached spirits/NEs but although they may well inflame a mental illness, they are not the cause of it)
Go to the light? Sounds like you've watched too movie Hollywood movies. Reality is not like the movies. I find it amazing that you're trying so hard to admit that all these spirits are not in fact demons. You don't want to admit that. You want to believe they are all spirits of dead people which is so far from the truth its not even feasible. Once you die you face judgement. You do not float around the world and haunt houses when you die. Your soul moves on and will await its final destination during the resurrection of the dead, when some awake to eternal life while others to contempt and eternal damnation.

Quote:
You've proved the adage that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing (because you've allowed yourself to be led astray) so I wont share my methods in a PM. But to steer you in the right direction I'll say this; I sit in a dark room with a candle for illumination, preferably late at night & I do not raise my voice (Well, sometimes I may have to rebuke an entity when we first meet, like one would a naughty dog who's peed on the carpet, just to show them who's in charge, lol) nor would I ever touch anyone who may have an attached spirit/entity during a clearing.
If you want to get into this field & be effective without causing harm (& that includes yourself) then please consider my words carefully. Good luck.

I think you are full of talk and see yourself as this powerful spirit whisper shaman who controls the spiritual world. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but its all rubbish. The Catholic Church once eliminated the problem of demon possession centuries ago and now its back because of all this wild-eyed NewAge crap which is making things worse...not better.

We humans have no power over any spirits, whether they are demonic or not. We have no power over them. There are no such think as spirit whisperers among humans. We have no power over them. Even the exorcist...the best ones of Rome....have no power over them. But Christ does. It is through the power of Jesus Christ that exorcisms work. When done correctly, the exorcism is done and over quickly when the right people who are chosen for that line of work are doing it. The field of exorcism, being part of Deliverance Ministry, is not for everyone. Too many people are trained in this field who really don't either have the faith to start with or have the experience beforehand. So when things start getting crazy and things start flying everywhere and chairs move by themselves and spirits begin to curse at you, the person with no experience is freaked out due to this being such a new and overly enlightening experience -- a tough blow to the human psyche to boot! I remember when I really began realizing the reality of demons in our world I was freaked out! I had faith but seeing the reality of what you already believe is a freaky thing even to many Christians. So yeah, freaking out is normal. That priest who screamed "Its evil! Its evil!" had become enlightened to the reality of his own beliefs. He was freaking out. Perfectly normal behavior but that makes for a bad exorcist. I spoke in tongues on time. I understood every word I was saying. I knew I was speaking Aramaic. I just started freaking out and hiding myself from my friends because it was freaky for me. I was scared as to why I was speaking on tongues. Was I possessed or was it the Holy Spirit? I freaked out. The speaking in tongues stopped that same day and I never spoke in tongues ever again. If it was from the Lord I was being tested to see if it was right for me or not. Not every Christian is going to speak in tongues without any training in the language and not freak out. Some Christians embrace this and don't even think about it. For me it was scary because it was so not part of my daily norm. I kinda feel guilty looking back because it may have been from God and I was not ready. It was not like I had prayed for it or sought the gift or even had a desire to speak in tongues. It just happened and I was freaked out by it. I'm sitting there speaking Aramaic and then interpreting every word. Such an ancient language I spoke so fluently without any training. Too much for me. I cannot handle not knowing how to cope with such anomalies. Yet, I am perfectly prepared to deal with the sight of demons and all their crazy antics. Not all spiritual gifts were made for all people. I really don't care if I ever speak in tongues ever again. Its too much for me fluently speaking a language I never learned before. Way too much. So we all have our weaknesses and speaking in tongues is not a gift meant for me.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-22-2018 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote. Start previewing your posts

Old 07-22-2018, 07:55 AM

919 posts, read 609,593 times
Quote:

There are many people with no experience with the demonic who become exorcists and their faith becomes enlighten through the experience. I'd say that Catholic priest was not in any way shape or form prepared. Just because someone uses the Roman Ritual don't mean it will work without faith. So you have only manage to prove that without faith it won't work. I already know this.

Looks like to me the demons outsmarted you! Demons are intelligent beings and like the intelligent beings they are they have their own agenda which is to make destroy salvation for mankind. In you all they saw was a better opportunity to further their mischief. The spirits of the dead have moved on and there is no coming back from the dead apart from Christ power. Did you invoke the name of Christ in your voodoo exorcism? If not, then you've been hoodwinked, had, bamboozled, fooled by the entity. You're not talking to someone who knows nothing about this sort of stuff. Just because I've never done an exorcism before doesn't mean I don't know what to do. I'm not that priest who turns pale and runs out screaming "Its evil!." I have no fear. I know the power of the Holy Spirit and that's all I need to know. So using failed exorcists as your subtle suggestion to say Christianity is false doesn't impress me one bit. I know all about how NewAgers go about their so called exorcisms and all its doing is creating the perfect storm of demonic activity which is very clearly observed in society today.

And I'm sure you got this story about how great and mighty and powerful you are which is exactly what demons want you to think. You've managed to become a sorcerer and an enchanter. But an exorcist you are not. I do doubt the credibility of your boast here due to the increase of the occult in America. They aren't ghosts of the dead. They are demons if the story you told me is true. The first 5 years of my life I lived in a home where a poltergeist happened. It was a low lever intrusion and not like the movie by any means. But it was enough where 3 members out of 4 were effected by it and we did see many spirits and one of them I can confirm was a demon. For it had no legs or bottom half and looked like a corpse and moved backwards. There many other spirits I saw and some were demonic while others I refused to categorize due to my own lack of knowledge as I was very young when this happened. But my older sister also recalled the same events and even jogged my memory over the game these bluish looking spirits used to play on the floor. I forgot what they were playing as they appeared to me as little children. She told me they played some cool looking game that looked like space marbles and then I remember perfectly what she was saying. But that was not the end of my experiences...only the beginning.

It is Christ Himself who drives out the demon. No human has the power to drive a demon out of a person or a house. Holy water and the rosary are very effective tools of the trade which are used for prayer. I know when I do my first exorcism it will be done quickly. Some people are just made for it because they understand it before they actually do it. There are no surprises with me. I already know the power of good and evil.

Gees, maybe you should go and talk to the world's top exorcists which all happen to be in Rome. I'm sure you won't last long discussing the issue with them. Over in Rome they have real exorcists there and well known for their works. All I see from you NewAgers is an increased interest in the occult which is the reason why there is a need for more exorcists. Clearly your NewAgers are not accomplishing what you think you're accomplishing. You shaman are simply clueless.

Say that again...this time slooowly.

Sounds like hell is a reality. Anton LaVey found out about hell on his death bed when he all the sudden became very alarmed and frightened and then his last words were how he was wrong about his life or something to that effect.

You're right. You do have to be respectful. But this does not mean you can drive out and send it into the abyss. I cannot even utter what I plan on doing. When I get started lets just say there will be a lot less of them on earth. There was a time centuries ago when these demons were stripped of their influence on society. They did not become powerful again by accident. Its the world of the occult that has given them power to become noticed again and even normalized. I haven't decided if my approach will be authorized or whether or not its even a good idea. I'll be learning more about that later. But if my approach is acceptable to God then...yeah, many demons will be removed from the earth and sent into an abyss. But I will not say nor even utter as to how I will accomplish this. But if its the Lord's will and I get His approval, then it shall be done. For nothing the exorcist can do will he be able to do on his own or by his own power. You shaman may be able to entertain then like playing the flute for a cobra or something, but you do not solve the problem. And Houston...we do have a problem! We are just scratching the surface of what will become normalized once again.

Listen, I do agree that spirits (non-demons) exist. I know very little about them. This is one of the reasons why I have kept myself back from seeking to engage in full time exorcism. I still have some learning to do before I am fit to be approved by the church for the task. So even in all my experiences I still need to be trained and I accept that training because demons love the egos of men who think they understand everything about the spiritual realm when in reality its the demons who have duped the shaman into their game. They are not spirits of the dead. I mean, I suppose in rare cases there might be exceptions. So I won't speak for God in these matters. But for the most part, they are demonic and only appearing to be spirits of the dead. Idolatry began with demon worship. The same deception of ancient times is right now happening in front of our very eyes today.

Go to the light? Sounds like you've watched too movie Hollywood movies. Reality is not like the movies. I find it amazing that you're trying so hard to admit that all these spirits are not in fact demons. You don't want to admit that. You want to believe they are all spirits of dead people which is so far from the truth its not even feasible. Once you die you face judgement. You do not float around the world and haunt houses when you die. Your soul moves on and will await its final destination during the resurrection of the dead, when some awake to eternal life while others to contempt and eternal damnation.

I think you are full of talk and see yourself as this powerful spirit whisper shaman who controls the spiritual world. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but its all rubbish. The Catholic Church once eliminated the problem of demon possession centuries ago and now its back because of all this wild-eyed NewAge crap which is making things worse...not better.

We humans have no power over any spirits, whether they are demonic or not. We have no power over them. There are no such think as spirit whisperers among humans. We have no power over them. Even the exorcist...the best ones of Rome....have no power over them. But Christ does. It is through the power of Jesus Christ that exorcisms work. When done correctly, the exorcism is done and over quickly when the right people who are chosen for that line of work are doing it. The field of exorcism, being part of Deliverance Ministry, is not for everyone. Too many people are trained in this field who really don't either have the faith to start with or have the experience beforehand. So when things start getting crazy and things start flying everywhere and chairs move by themselves and spirits begin to curse at you, the person with no experience is freaked out due to this being such a new and overly enlightening experience -- a tough blow to the human psyche to boot! I remember when I really began realizing the reality of demons in our world I was freaked out! I had faith but seeing the reality of what you already believe is a freaky thing even to many Christians. So yeah, freaking out is normal. That priest who screamed "Its evil! Its evil!" had become enlightened to the reality of his own beliefs. He was freaking out. Perfectly normal behavior but that makes for a bad exorcist. I spoke in tongues on time. I understood every word I was saying. I knew I was speaking Aramaic. I just started freaking out and hiding myself from my friends because it was freaky for me. I was scared as to why I was speaking on tongues. Was I possessed or was it the Holy Spirit? I freaked out. The speaking in tongues stopped that same day and I never spoke in tongues ever again. If it was from the Lord I was being tested to see if it was right for me or not. Not every Christian is going to speak in tongues without any training in the language and not freak out. Some Christians embrace this and don't even think about it. For me it was scary because it was so not part of my daily norm. I kinda feel guilty looking back because it may have been from God and I was not ready. It was not like I had prayed for it or sought the gift or even had a desire to speak in tongues. It just happened and I was freaked out by it. I'm sitting there speaking Aramaic and then interpreting every word. Such an ancient language I spoke so fluently without any training. Too much for me. I cannot handle not knowing how to cope with such anomalies. Yet, I am perfectly prepared to deal with the sight of demons and all their crazy antics. Not all spiritual gifts were made for all people. I really don't care if I ever speak in tongues ever again. Its too much for me fluently speaking a language I never learned before. Way too much. So we all have our weaknesses and speaking in tongues is not a gift meant for me.
My goodness, what a lovely display of astounding ignorance. You know nothing & clearly couldn't understand a word I wrote, yet you pretend that you know my experience better than myself. And for my efforts you repeatedly insult me.

Oh well, never say that nobody tried to guide you in the right direction.
Taking your magical beads & voodoo water to an 'exorcism' is like going to a gunfight with a rubber knife, you poor superstitious simpleton.
Hope the mental institution you end up in is one of the nicer ones.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:44 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I didn't have to cut off the toe.

Somebody must have prayed for me because Jesus came in the night and told me:

"Get thee a shoe stretcher."

I had a hard time understanding him because he speaks like a 400 year old Englishman.

You'd think he would have learned how to speak American by now.

But I did what he said and the demon was excised.

Praise the Lord.
Did ye' give a tithe to the stretcher? Wondering myself, why not just buy a 1/2 size larger all along my son?

Old 07-22-2018, 08:59 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Too many words in the last few pages. In the spirit of staying on topic: a "demon" can only affect you if you give it permission. Having a fear-based mind opens the door to permission. God gave Adam dominion over creation, which included angels/spirits. You can command them to flee, but it probably won't work if your heart and mind aren't in sync.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
I actually have the real account of the exorcism of Robbie Mannheim which inspired the movie . I haven't had the chance to read this book yet but it's on my reading list when I get to it. The movie is based on an exorcism that went on for quite some time and which deeply frightened the community as this exorcism was not your run of the mill exorcism. I'm sure the movie throws in much imagination like the cross scene and the possessed person being girl when in the real exorcism it was a young boy.

In a real exorcism, the very last thing a priest would want to do is to ask the demon to come into him. If such a case did happen then it might be conceived that the priest jumped through the window to prevent hurting anyone. But as I have not read the book yet I can't comment much on this exorcism. Though more accounts like this will surface up in modern times as there are so few exorcists today and some of them simply do not have the training to prepare themselves for a major exorcism. But exorcisms are real. Demon possession is very real.
Yes it is real. But for most people this will never be real to them until they experience it themselves, or see someone else in the throes of it. Blessings...

Old 07-22-2018, 10:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
The early Christians were with Jesus and later the Apostles and had plenty of faithful witnesses to cast out demons. It is true that after the laying on of hands in prayer that a new Christian was allowed to cast out demons and exorcism was not restricted to the high priesthood alone as it is today. So answering both objections is important if we want to better understand why we should use the Roman Ritual.

The early Christians, through the spirit, did those things in which the Roman Ritual says. I'm sure there were some differences here and there but the same basis applies. Now I have the Roman Ritual and its absolutely 100% authentic book of exorcism. Its not what you might think it is.

The Roman Catholic Church did away with allowing just anyone to do exorcisms for the reasons that people were forgetting how the Apostles did them. They were approaching possessed people and making things worse for them. So the ministry of exorcism became a priest only task. I side with the early Christians in all things but also understand why the church changed things up a big on exorcism.

I actually have a few very good books on exorcism but the Roman Ritual is the best one. Many Christians who just jump into an exorcism find out way Jesus' disciples had a hard time at first. But unlike Jesus' disciples, these modern Christians don't have Jesus right there with them, in the flesh, showing them how its done. He did leave instructions behind for us to read and those who do have faith could find themselves successfully conducting a real exorcism.

But lets talk about what a real exorcism is because there are many fake exorcists and exorcisms. All you have to do is go on youtube and see all these fake exorcisms for yourself. So we need to acknowledge first that fake exorcists and fake exorcisms do exist and to separate the fake exorcism from the real exorcism.

This is definitely not a topic for one who hates Catholicism. Being a Protestant most of my life, and now being both a Protestant and a Catholic, I am aware of truths of both sides and their faults. The Catholics do exorcisms best hands down. This does not mean Protestants cannot do them and do them effectively. Though on average the Catholics are better prepared to handle the situation they are walking into. There are exceptions on both sides.

This subject of exorcism is a sore one even for Christians. I have many Christian friends who, like you, oppose me on this very same issue. But none of them have ever read the Roman Ritual and none of them have my background of so many supernatural experiences. I'm like a real Dean Winchester (minus all the fiction of the program). My background of being exposed to evil spirits and holy angels and the Holy Spirit is a life long experience which is why I get nervous when people want to dismiss the Roman Ritual as nothing but trash. But I have read it and my background of experiences agrees with the ritual. Sorry of this is not pleasing to you to hear but the Roman Ritual is the ritual of exorcism that works. When you want to conduct an exorcism you are not there to boost your own ego, no matter how willing you are to deal with the demonic being. You have a person there in front of you...a real human being that is possessed by a demon who does not want to leave not even during the exorcism. All demons challenge the exorcism and none want to leave. This is why it takes a learned exorcist to do it right. There are preparations that must be done, prayer and fasting before the ritual even takes place. The exorcist must partake in the most holy sacrament before the exorcism takes place. Doing an exorcism is not something you just jump into. Maybe if I were more ignorant of the demonic world I might agree with you. But my background in this is not amateur. I have never done an exorcism myself but my background allows me to be spiritually fit for the task. Demons are highly advanced and intelligent brings. But there are ways we humans can trick them and we do have a spirit more powerful than the demon Who is the Spirit Who actually cast out the evil spirit.

Then there are the interviews prior to engagement. Many questions that need to be asked. The person selected to perform the exorcism is not allowed to perform on someone who may be merely suffering from mental problems. So knowledge of the person's mental and physical health is important. Doing an exorcism on a person who is not possessed is just plain stupid. Unfortunately this kind of stupidity does happen and more often than the real exorcisms. This is why we Christians are called to be obedient to God and to respect the priesthood. So even if you were to do an exorcism without the consent of the RCC, you better at least have the faith and obedience enough to study the ritual among the other study tools used to train exorcists. I have all the tools and no exorcist is complete without them. For those who do it on their own with no real knowledge of what they are doing, then pray and pray deeply, pray with everything you have, every ounce of faith within you. Surround yourself with holiness. Speaking of holiness, things like holy water and the rosary among other things are very very nice to have for exorcisms.

I'd like to do an exorcism within a year's time. Most likely I won't ever do one for about 4 years, maybe even 5 years. I do know as many other Christians also know that exorcists are in very high demand right now and there aren't enough of them to go around. So I am ready to engage when needed. I would be classified as a beginner exorcist but my background is far from beginner. This makes me confident and fearless, for I know the Lord is with me and whoever the exorcism is seeking to heal and free from demonic possession, or even demonic oppression. But this is not a fool's game nor is it something for adrenaline junkies!

I believe it is strongly possible that the person who opened this topic may be telling a genuine story. If everything he says is true to the best of his knowledge, then he needs a real exorcist and one with strong faith and lots of determination and spiritual stamina. His case don't sound small to me. What he describes kind of reminds me of how I grew up in my first home as a very young child. Though I think his case may be more severe and if I am him I would not treat the situation lightly by any means. Those demons will follow him and his family from one home to the next. He needs to get the entire home cleansed. If he lived near me I would personally come over and do it and bring priests with me who will assure it gets done right. Its not a game and if its not approached correctly the demon can win or even possess another person. There is no time for throwing dice. He must get it done right.

Again, I stand by my statement, and I did this for the first 3 years of my walk, with another person. I STILL do it, as the Lord has need of me in this area. A Roman ritual is unnecessary, period, and obviously no Roman ritual was used by the disciples, since the Roman church didn't exist until a couple of hundred years later. It appears, you have more faith in that, than in His name. It is in His name/nature, with His Spirit through the blood covenant, which is our power over them, that they leave, and they have do so in a very short order, much shorter than taking time to recite a ritual. Basically, that is just entertainment for them, and they play along with what YOU believe, to enforce your beliefs.

Basically it works like this. The gift of word of knowledge exposes what kind of spirit it is, and usually how it was granted entrance, so that repentance can take place. Next, the gift of the word of wisdom gives spiritual understanding on how to overcome this adversary with spiritual principles and scriptures to back it up. Third, it is commanded out in His name and cast into the fire of the Holy Ghost. Depending on what kind it is, it may put on quite a show for maybe 15 minutes at best, but it will leave because it has to. These steps are necessary, because if there is no repentance, you can cast it out, but it will just return in short order, strengthened because of no repentance. For this reason, the Lord Himself must direct the proceedings, because only He knows the true motive of the heart and you can add to someone's bonds if you are out of season.

As an example, He did deliverance through me on an elder of a church for about an hour, one thing after another, with the man admitting the things that the Lord revealed, and him repenting and getting deliverance. Then a spirit of nicotine and addiction was shown to me. I didn't know him, had no idea that he smoked. After revelation of it, I started to command it out, and the Lord spoke very plainly to me, "NO! You are to tell him I removed this the first 2 times, and he took it right back; now he's going to have fast before I will remove it again."

I told him what the Lord said, and he looked sheepish and said it was true, and asked me, "Did He tell you how long I have to fast?"

The Lord loves us and He uses us according to His will and purpose when we are obedient to Him and believe what He says. It is His desire that we be free of all things and walk in His Spirit which is life and liberty, not in bondage to any kind of darkness. Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity