Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 07:31 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
WW

Miss Shawn, I'm desperate now. If I pierce my belly button, will God try to talk to me?
That is funny, your humor can sometimes come off as being a smart -----------. LOL, unless you are just trying to be funny then to bad for you. I don't know you or spend time with you, so I can't say if you have the Holy Spirit. I am not saying that you do or don't. The Holy Spirit is the person that speaks to us within our Spirit. That can come as promptings (as I had to take my belly ring out, to throw away cd's that I use to have), a still small voice in our spirit, dreams, visions, images, and some cases an aubible voice.

If you have the Holy Spirit simply set your mind that you are going to hear God's voice because, He says in His Word that He speaks to us, and guides us.

If you trust and believe God, then you know that He doesn't lie and means what He says. If you think that I am telling a lie, then read your word. God says that, He will guide us, speak to us, be a Father to us ( what loving Father doesn't speak to His children, unlike most fathers today).

Now, if you lack trust and don't trust God, then that would explain why you are not hearing Him.

I made it so hard and didn't even realize that I was hearing God all along, I just wasn't recognizing His voice. A couple of days ago, I was heading to work. I heared the words in my spirit, "Turn Right". I was like what? I heard the words, but saw an image in my head of the light that I had to pass below a store. I was like why do I need to turn right? Well, as I got closer, I saw why. There was road work a head and the right lane was closed off. If I had kept going straight I would have been late for work. But that particular day, I couldn't be late because of an emergency.

So, you see God's voice simply came to me as a still small voice in my spirit that told me to turn right. It wasn't a loud voice it was a voice that I heared very clear. The more time that I spend with God the more His voice is discernable to me.

I was listening to a cd of my Pastor preach and I was hearing a lot of different people in my church in the background. I could discern who they were. When I heard someone say something in the background, I was like that is so and so. I have been around them enough to pick up and discern and know there voice. God dealt with me and showed me that is how I need to be with His voice. I could close my eyes and hear my Pastor's voice, my friend's voice, any minister's voice from my church and recognize who they were. That is what I do with God's voice. I spend time with Him and learn to discern when, He speaks to me.

Just start there. Do you have the Holy Spirit, if so then ok, spend time with Him and learn to obey Him? God says that He prefers obedience over other things. If you have the Holy Spirit, then ask Him to help you discern His voice.

If you don't have the Holy Spirit then that is the first step that you need to take care of. If a person doesn't have the Holy Spirit they can't hear God speak to them within there spirit. God will have to deal with them in other means. That doesn't mean God want speak to you, but it will come more on the outside, in rare cases, an aubible voice or any other way that God wants to speak to you.

So, start there. We have to have the Holy Spirit to help us through this day to day life. He is the teacher and the person that reveals Jesus to us. He is the one that speaks to us in our spirit, He is the one that you need to even hear that still small voice. If you don't have Him, nothing else matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 AM

530 posts, read 901,761 times
That was a really good explaination. I am just finding this site & see that there haven't been any recent post. I hope you get this reply as I am eager to speak to others who talk about hearing God.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:54 AM

MissShawn2828 where are you?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 AM

Amen, Miss Shawn & Relynn. I agree so much with you both. I just had this same discussion with someone else, not on the computer but face to face. And I said the same thing MissShawn2828 said. Well I'm just finding this board & where is everyone?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Amen, Miss Shawn & Relynn. I agree so much with you both. I just had this same discussion with someone else, not on the computer but face to face. And I said the same thing MissShawn2828 said. Well I'm just finding this board & where is everyone?
Hello brother/sister,

Welcome to the forum!! There are not a lot of people on here who have claimed to actually hear the voice of God. But the voice I heard was like a whisper, yet very bold. Kind of difficult to explain. But I cannot say without a doubt that it was God himself, but it was definately a message sent to me from God.

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
MissShawn2828 where are you?
Hello, I am glad that you enjoy this thread. I started this thread because I actually wanted to hear other people's experiences that they had with the Lord and I wanted to share my journey with the Lord. I live in South Carolina. I hope that you enjoy this thread and hopefully have some to share with us. Have a nice day.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,736 times
Yes. I have heard the audible voice of God once when I was nine years old. I was in bed at home with some kind of bowel obstruction. I was quite ill and cried out to the Lord to heal me. Suddenly I heard a loud thundering voice say with authority 'Get Up!". The whole room shook even the glass on the window.
I got up and was instantly healed. It was not a still small voice but a real loud audible voice.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times
I'm not sure if it was God , or an Angel, but once at an old apartment I was living at,and this was about 4 or 5 years ago, I was laying down on the couch, my son on another. The kitchen was right next to us but had like half a wall between the two rooms.
I had heard my little girl in the kitchen and didnt think much of it. Suddenly I heard a voice say " Jordan, you know your not suppossed to be up there"
So I thought my older daughter had gone in and maybe told her to get down b/c she would climb on the counters sometimes to get things from cupboards. When I didn't hear anything else and it got real quiet I went in to see what was going on. Well, my daughter was sitting there with her hand on the cupboard looking perplexed and I asked her who was talking to her and she said she didn't know. I checked on my other daughter and she was sound asleep.
It gives me chills remembering it. I was'nt dreaming....my little girl heard the voice as did my son. I think someone was looking out for her.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celt333 View Post
Yes. I have heard the audible voice of God once when I was nine years old. I was in bed at home with some kind of bowel obstruction. I was quite ill and cried out to the Lord to heal me. Suddenly I heard a loud thundering voice say with authority 'Get Up!". The whole room shook even the glass on the window.
I got up and was instantly healed. It was not a still small voice but a real loud audible voice.
Wow! That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 AM

MissShawn2828 where are you? Where is everyone? I'm just finding this thread & I'm anxious to talk to everyone. This is exciting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity