Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times

Advertisements

Where's the talk of the Greatest Commandment and the second? All laws hinge on that. And don't tell me I don't love with the right love or that God doesn't love with the love I think He does.

Stop taking the power out of God's hands! Do not put limits on Him!

Concentrate on sin all you want, but I will not hear it if you are not bearing fruits...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Amen SW!!!!

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

I don't know about anyone else except maybe you SW, but I have grown very weary of all of the sin focus and condemnation. So very weary.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:14 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
Amen to both of you. Amen.
Alot being posted could scare away new believers in my opinion.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,738 times
So true. I think we all understand the meaning of the posts that have been put up
either we believe we never sin
or we believe we sin
how many times can new threads be added on the same thing...over and over and over and over and over .
These threads are doing nothing to build my faith...because of all the disagreements!
Love is such a better subject. No one can argue with Love!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times
Me, too, DotL...battle weary.

I want to build my faith, also, Sherry...encourage and praise God and have good conversations. I worry about that too, sunshineann.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:22 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
i hear ya Sherry. So many twists and turns. Kinda makes me like the old arguements about a month ago. lol. Honestly, it doesnt do anything for my faith either. I talk to someone (through DM) who is very sweet and sincere, and we discuss worries and concerns, and scriptures. And if one doesnt have an answer or thought the other does, OR we find it in the Bible together. We both have different versions which makes it more enlightening. We may not always agree, and thats okay, but we definitly give one another something to think about with our walk with the Lord. That is what fellowhsip is. That is what growing in the word is. (to me) I cant throw out Bible verses like alot of people on here, and thank goodness i cant.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,063,385 times
You shall not make for yourselves a carved image - any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to keep those who love Me and keep My commandments. EXODUS 20:4,5

Not meaning to offend any one here and loving you all, but when we begin to pick and choose only the scriptures we like, we are creating our own God. Not the God of the bible. The Lord would not have put it in His book if it were not important for us to know. I think we should be careful not to lull one another to sleep. Walk in the fullness of the Word.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Not meaning to offend any one here and loving you all, but when we begin to pick and choose only the scriptures we like, we are creating our own God. Not the God of the bible. The Lord would not have put it in His book if it were not important for us to know. I think we should be careful not to lull one another to sleep. Walk in the fullness of the Word.
Jesus is the heart and soul of Christianity . . . not the bible. If you want to push "Biblianity" instead of Christianity you have created a false idol . . . it is a book written (crafted) by men.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:34 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is the heart and soul of Christianity . . . not the bible. If you want to push "Biblianity" instead of Christianity you have created a false idol . . . it is a book written (crafted) by men.

If what you say is true then all of it is foolishness. If God was not powerful enough and not able to ensure that His book was written the way He wanted it then it is all a lie.

Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God." MATTHEW 22:29

Old 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
If what you say is true then all of it is foolishness.
Non sequitur . . . Jesus exists . . . THAT is NOT foolishness and THAT is what is important!
Quote:
If God was not powerful enough and not able to ensure that His book was written the way He wanted it then it is all a lie.
God does NOT control humans nor do "dictation" . . . we have free will and can only be influenced and inspired to understand using our EXISTING minds, culture and knowledge. The bible did not even exist in the early church . . . . that is why there is confusion and splitting in the religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity