Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,697,437 times

Advertisements

All i can say is some "people" just make you wanna run to Christ dont they? Oh wait....i do because i sin everyday. Im human, and God loves me....He LOVES me. May not be big sins, may be little sins, like thinking Oh Lord i cant take the neighbor one more day....I sinned..."Love they neighbor" BUT God forgives me because he knows my heart...he knows im trying...he knows i love HIM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
.....the attitude towards them in my opinion is not justified because there are plenty of people in this room that are not balanced in their teaching.
And you usually jump at the opportunity to condemn them and throw them 'under the bus'.

The only reason you don't do it to the Kupps is because they subscribe to the same legalistic view of our Lord as you do.

No offense, but please, let's keep it real and call a spade a spade.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,264 times
The thing is what Harold and Donna are "trying" to do is this;

They do, in fact, preach a part of the message of Christ. The part where we are called out of this world, and the overcoming of the desires of the flesh. The sad part is, they give no descriptive on how this is done. Telling a sinner to stop sinning, is telling a human to stop being human. It IS our nature.

Paul, John, Peter, James, Jude all talk in their letters about overcoming our sinful natures. About being born again of the Spirit.

The whole of the Bible is a road map on how to do this, and it is upto each one of us to seek that out. This is our journey. When we fall, the Spirit convicts us. When we rise up, and overcome, heaven rejoices.

But to take the seat of the Spirit, and attempt to do the convicting, is to place yourselves upon the throne of God. Show brothers and sisters the love of Christ in your lives. Give examples of how God has helped you overcome your desires.

I am assuming you are marrried to each other, so you have a foot grounded in this world, as well as the next. Donna posts just as much as you Harold, if not more. So she places herself in the "teachers" role, which is something that Paul taught AGAINST. So, how did you reconcile this, and let her do some teaching about sin? I am not "calling" you out, but I see somewhat of a hypocrisy in what you are telling others to do, and what you are doing.

People need to quit sinning, period. How much of a wonderful world this would be if they did, and not just the Christian religion, but the world. We can all agree on this. But we are still human, or at least I am. I don't run around looking for ways to sin, but I do occasionally fall. Thankfully I have an advocate in Christ, in whom I have set my Hope.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
And you usually jump at the opportunity to condemn them and throw them 'under the bus'.

The only reason you don't do it to the Kupps is because they subscribe to the same legalistic view of our Lord as you do.

No offense, but please, let's keep it real and call a spade a spade.
I am keeping it real, if anything I never approved of their tactics but I see hypocrisy among many in here. We attack the legalist but we embrace the ones who only speak of love IMO both by itself could send you to hell.

Yes I am a fundamentalist but we preach, "Law to the proud and grace to the humble" How is that legalism?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,697,437 times
wouldnt it be true to say that if we stopped sinning in the human nature..that we wouldnt need God at all? wouldnt that be saying we are "perfect" I dont know about you..but i dont want to be perfect thats too much responsiblity.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:55 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,170,094 times
Law law law! Then remember to love the Lord your God will all your heart and all your soul and all your mind! Remember to love your neighbor as yourself! There is your law! Fruits...by their fruits we will be known. My heart aches when I see no love for the Lord and others. Aches. The Greatest Commandment is overlooked in favor of condemnation over sin.

I am heartsick over this. We can know many Scriptures off the tops of our heads or taken from others' websites...but if we do not let the Lord work in us and through us, what good is it?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
wouldnt it be true to say that if we stopped sinning in the human nature..that we wouldnt need God at all? wouldnt that be saying we are "perfect" I dont know about you..but i dont want to be perfect thats too much responsiblity.
No, that is not true. If you stop sinning, it means you have overcome the flesh. It means that the Blood of Jesus has cleansed you from all unrighteousness, and you are made anew. There has been no one outside of Christ Jesus that was without sin. For that, we NEED Him. But to crucify Him over the entire course of our lives for every little sin committed without repentance, is like slandering the Blood that has purified us. Will we fall? Of course. Do we fall intentionally, just to be falling? We should not, of course.

It is out of our love for God and others that we should not sin. Really, think about it. You seem like the type of person that does not go around breaking God's Law, intentionally, without remorse and conviction. So, in essence, you are perfected IN Christ and the Love, His Love, pours out of you.

Does this mean you will live out the remainder of your life without spot or wrinkle? We would hope so, but the war rages on. At times, Satan the Adversary, will win a battle. But when we read Revelation, we see that Jesus wins the WAR. This is our hope, and our faith, that His will be Done, on earth, in us, as it is in heaven.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 AM

302 posts, read 554,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
1-OK. Thanks for speaking for him.

Please point out where he says he's a sinner.

2-What Harold is saying is that folks are not perfected in Christ. That if we don't 'perfect ourselves' then we are unworthy in God's eyes. Harold is selectively (and intentionally) failing to balance his few verses against the whole of scripture. Being a teacher requires one to look at a specific teaching as it is balanced against the WHOLE of scripture.....JViello gave a little morsel of that above. You should check it out.
Alpha, since you are telling us the qualifications of being a teacher, are you a teacher? Are you telling us that we cannot cease from sin? Is that your experience?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Law law law! Then remember to love the Lord your God will all your heart and all your soul and all your mind! Remember to love your neighbor as yourself! There is your law! Fruits...by their fruits we will be known. My heart aches when I see no love for the Lord and others. Aches. The Greatest Commandment is overlooked in favor of condemnation over sin.

I am heartsick over this. We can know many Scriptures off the tops of our heads or taken from others' websites...but if we do not let the Lord work in us and through us, what good is it?
Agreed. Anyone can profess to be a Christian, but by their fruits you shall know them. Does our tree bear fruit, or is it slowly whithering up and dying.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Alpha, since you are telling us the qualifications of being a teacher, are you a teacher? Are you telling us that we cannot cease from sin? Is that your experience?
I'm not telling you anything.....

....the Bible tells us in the same book Harold quoted from that we sin.

PERIOD.

I asked you and Harold to show me where sin is EVER ANYTHING but willful.

Because Harold made all his assertions on 'willful' sin using verses that did not specify 'willful' sin.....

Do you always answer questions you'd rather not answer with more questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity