Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:33 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
If I understand you correctly you are saying No - we do not have to keep his commandments to receive eternal life.

You are saying that we must keep his commandments - including the Sabbath - but if we do not we will still receive eternal life because it is a gift.

However Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 "...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

How could it be that we could enter into life if we do not keep the commandments?

HK

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Dear friends

I would like to ask you a sincere question, do you keep every letter of the law in the Old Testament, the Law of Moses and never committed a sins, and do you sit with Sinner the righteous. Did Jesus came to save the righteous or the sinner, who is more favorable to Jesus Christ's a fateful sinner, or righteous person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 AM

Exclamation Honesty and Integrity

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
If I understand you correctly you are saying No - we do not have to keep his commandments to receive eternal life.

You are saying that we must keep his commandments - including the Sabbath - but if we do not we will still receive eternal life because it is a gift.

However Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 "...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

How could it be that we could enter into life if we do not keep the commandments?

HK

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Dear Sir

I have study very hard to give you a honest answer about the Faith of a person and the 10 Commandments, I honestly gave you my very best answer to your question, you press me for a yes or no answer, and when I gave you my first answer to your friend Donna and did not give me a proper answer to my studies. This would have giving you the answer to your questions.

Sincerely TheWordIsOne

I Kings 3:6-9 Thou hast showed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, an righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father; and I am but a little child; I know not how to go out or come in. and thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad; for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
Proverbs 1:1-7, 20-33 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgment and equity; to give subtilty to the simple, to the young men knowledge and discretion.
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels; To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise and their dark sayings.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets; she crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the opening of the gates; in the city.
She uttereth her words, saying, how long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?
And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Turn you at my reproof; behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; but ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof.
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me; for that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would none of my counsel; they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
But those whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Proverbs 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge; but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
Proverbs 15:14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge; but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Unhappy Plenty of humility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Please give me a straight answer without circumventing my question. I want to know what you believe. Would you please answer this question with a simple yes or no...

Is it true that we must obey God's ten commandments to receive eternal life?

Thanks
Donna
It was never meant to be, to study in such a manner, but the Lord our God is on the understand God we are children. Intention of studying is to the body is to unify.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Unhappy Plenty of humility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Word - I am not sure what you are saying. Would you please answer this question for me.
Is it true that we must obey God's ten commandments to receive eternal life? Please answer yes or no.
Thanks
Donna

Dear friend is clauses great grief to the Holy Spirit, I hope that we come together in peace, not to discern the body of believers and of Christ.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:31 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
I really appreciate you, TWIO. May God bless you.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
There have been a lot of people who've born and died, and are alive now. If each person requires 4 square feet to stand in, will there be enough room on judgement day?

....and what about porta-potties?

Last edited by dcashley; 03-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Dear friend is clauses great grief to the Holy Spirit, I hope that we come together in peace, not to discern the body of believers and of Christ.
God bless, TWIO . . . it is by their fruits that you will know whether they are of the Body of Christ. Shake the dust off your feet . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity