Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry, carolina you are wrong I WAS an ATHEIST (not heretic) when my enlightenment caused me to seek and eventually find Jesus.

Causing doubt about the inner guidance from the Holy Spirit because you disapprove of the method of prayer is heresy, carolina. There is NO WAY God would allow Satan to interfere with the guidance of the Holy Spirit or get anywhere near someone devoutly praying to God. You ARE wrong and those you follow are wrong. Who would be more likely to be Satan-inspired . . . someone devoutly protecting the Holy Spirit and its guidance . . . or those undermining it and creating doubt about its source . . . Hmmmmm????

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

if paul had not also written 1 Cor 13, we would be at each others' throats for precisely the same words ...

sorry to interrupt you.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Please tell me how you came to be a Christian. What did you pray?
I have revealed most of it elsewhere more than once . . . yet I know nothing of your journey, carolina.

My early childhood training was as a Catholic . . . but I never believed any of it from my youngest days. In my teens I completely abandoned it and sought out the Eastern philosophies ending up Buddhist/atheist meditator for 18+ years. After my unexpected breakthrough meditation . . . I was in shock and completely confused. I guess I reverted to my childhood training . . . because I lay prostrate on the ground on my back and assumed the position of the cross and said . . . Jesus I am so sorry I doubted your existence. Please forgive me for all my sinful ways and the time I have wasted. I still have a problem, tho, Jesus. I need more clarification of exactly who you are. I am worse than a doubting Thomas . . . because all I know for certain is that you do exist. Please help me to understand and guide me in my search for answers.

My intellectual and spiritual quest ultimately led me to Jesus as the unambiguous identity for that wondrous feeling of complete love and acceptance and oneness that so transformed my life. All my subsequent prayers became classic Christian gratefulness for his suffering and death for (because of) our sins and for His Holy Spirit for guiding me . . . (along with the usual requests for forgiveness whenever I strayed.)

I have never been more at peace or more confident about my beliefs. What's your story?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-13-2009 at 09:22 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 09:14 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,754 times
Quote:
Rob Bell: A Modern Day Gnostic
Posted on March 11, 2009 by reformednazarene

...apply to any of a number of emergent “high priests” who preach their version of the “Word of God” by denying or questioning the very authority of… The Word of God. .... For many emergents, their argument is: “the Bible is just ink on paper, or just a book with letters in it. The real Word is Jesus. So stop idolizing that book, and worship the real Word.” ...
Quote:
Christianity must be Re-ImaginedBrian McLaren
“it is my goal to destroy Christianity as a world religion” Erwin McManus
“we need a fusion of the sacred and the secular” Brian McLaren
“Christian fundamentalists are the new enemy of this century” Rick Warren
“We discover practices for our own faith in an encounter with someone of another faith” Brian McLaren
“it is mysticism which will someday unite Islam with Christianity” Tony Campolo
“Emergent doesn’t have a position on absolute truth, or on anything for that matter” Tony Jones
“thinking about Jesus’ return is a ploy by Satan to get us distracted.”… Rick Warren
More here: Rob Bell: A Modern Day Gnostic « Reformed Nazarene

Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I have revealed most it elsewhere more than once . . . yet I know nothing of your journey, carolina.

My early childhood training was as a Catholic . . . but I never believed any of it from my youngest days. In my teens I completely abandoned it and sought out the Eastern philosophies ending up Buddhist/atheist meditator for 18+ years. After my unexpected breakthrough meditation . . . I was in shock and completely confused. I guess I reverted to my childhood training . . . because I lay prostrate on the ground on my back and assumed the position of the cross and said . . . Jesus I am so sorry I doubted your existence. Please forgive me for all my sinful ways and the time I have wasted. I still have a problem, tho, Jesus. I need more clarification of exactly who you are. I am worse than a doubting Thomas . . . because all I know for certain is that you do exist. Please help me to understand and guide me in my search for answers.

My intellectual and spiritual quest ultimately led me to Jesus as the unambiguous identity for that wondrous feeling of complete love and acceptance and oneness that so transformed my life. All my subsequent prayers became classic Christian gratefulness for his suffering and death for (because of) our sins and for His Holy Spirit for guiding me . . . (along with the usual requests for forgiveness whenever I strayed.)

I have never been more at peace or more confident about my beliefs. What's your story?
So no belief in the cross that He died for our sins? That He's the Son of God? That He was resurrected?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
So no belief in the cross that He died for our sins? That He's the Son of God? That He was resurrected?
Do you not know how to read? Of course he died on the cross for (because of) our sins . . . of course he is the Son of God (so are we all now and heirs too) . . . of course He was reborn (resurrected) as Spirit . . . or we would not have the Holy Spirit to guide us. What's your story, carolina? You just believe in the magic of specific words and whatnot, right?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Do you not know how to read? Of course he died on the cross for (because of) our sins . . . of course he is the Son of God (so are we all now and heirs too) . . . of course He was reborn (resurrected) as Spirit . . . or we would not have the Holy Spirit to guide us. What's your story, carolina? You just believe in the magic of specific words and whatnot, right?
Jesus is THE Son of God. The only Son of God. Do you agree with this?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Jesus is THE Son of God. The only Son of God. Do you agree with this?
Yes! What is your problem?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Yes! What is your problem?
Mystic, you said we are all sons of God after you said Jesus is the Son of God. It seemed you were equating us as equal sons of God with Jesus.

Listen, I will take you at your word. Why don't we just call it a truce?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Mystic, you said we are all sons of God after you said Jesus is the Son of God. It seemed you were equating us as equal sons of God with Jesus.
How could we be equal . . . but are we not also "adopted" as children and heirs? John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Quote:
Listen, I will take you at your word. Why don't we just call it a truce?
Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity