Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,581,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
but a gift from our Creator! adhere? sound? "judge ye not ..."

You are judging him just by making that statement

Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You are judging.

You are judging that you are right and I am wrong.

That is a judgment that should be left to God (if at all), and you are making it on her behalf.

So, if you will excuse me for calling your hypocrisy out, but you are breaking your own Scripture.
No, judgment of salvation should be left to God. The world judges everyday, (if three black men approach you on a dark street corner, did you not just judge?) we have prisons because we judge, we all judge including yourself therefore you are the hypocrite and you are breaking your own scripture that you have not interpreted correctly. Jesus said, do not judge hypocritically

God has already passed his judgment, we are only relaying the message

Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,675,635 times
Quote:
You are judging.

You are judging that you are right and I am wrong.

That is a judgment that should be left to God (if at all), and you are making it on her behalf.

So, if you will excuse me for calling your hypocrisy out, but you are breaking your own Scripture.
Bluefly,

you are claiming that not even God should have any judgment on right or wrong, so how can you honestly say you place your beliefs in the same God? Moreover, you refer to God as a "her"! You are only further distancing yourself from the truth the more you post here. The lies you believe are clearly revealing themselves.

There is no hypocrisy in my words and I am not contradicting Scripture. You seem to think that judging a false doctrine is judging a person. Your judgment will be between you and God when you stand before the Great White Throne (if you don't follow God's plan of salvation); however, my judgment will be in front of the Bema Seat when Christ judges my actions AFTER I was born again. The GWT judgment is meant to judge unbelievers and they will be condemned to eternal hell. The Bema judgment will determine how many rewards a born again Christian will receive in eternal life with Christ.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,526,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You are judging him just by making that statement
no. and you know this.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
no. and you know this.
Judging means to form an opinion of. You formed an opinion that Carolina judges. Judging is not bad, it is a good thing as long as it is done rightly and not as a hypocrite.

The world says, you can't judge a book by its cover. Christianity says, YOU CAN judge a book by it's cover. "You will know them by their fruit"

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 03-06-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,721,951 times
Okay. Fine. Let's play this game now.

I judge that your doctrinal belief in a literal interpretation of the Bible as being the only way to be in Christ is for little spiritual children who lack formal education and analytical thinking skills. Such a belief is for those who are not yet men and women in God and, therefore, cannot stand on their own two feet without being told precisely what to think and say by a book that has been in the control of greedy and malicious men for many centuries.

I'm not judging you, of course. I'm just judging false doctrine, so therefore I am doing it rightly and not as a hypocrite.

Feels good, doesn't it? Doesn't feel at all like a personal attack against the core of your spirituality, does it?

Yes, it does. Learn a lesson.

(you don't have to send the inevitable post in which you, somehow, tell me that the only way to "rightly" judge is by completely agreeing with you because YOU'RE the one human who has all the answers and and can prove it with verses from the New American Teen version of the Bible or the King James or whichever interpretation is fashionable these days.)

Seriously. Stop replying. You're not getting anywhere. I already contain your beliefs within my larger being of Love.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:

I judge that your doctrinal belief in a literal interpretation of the Bible as being the only way to be in Christ is for little spiritual children who lack formal education and analytical thinking skills. Such a belief is for those who are not yet men and women in God and, therefore, cannot stand on their own two feet without being told precisely what to think and say by a book that has been in the control of greedy and malicious men for many centuries.

I'm not judging you, of course. I'm just judging false doctrine, so therefore I am doing it rightly and not as a hypocrite.

Feels good, doesn't it? Doesn't feel at all like a personal attack against the core of your spirituality, does it?

(you don't have to send the inevitable post in which you, somehow, tell me that the only way to "rightly" judge is by completely agreeing with you because YOU'RE the one human who has all the answers and and can prove it with verses from the New American Teen version of the Bible or the King James or whichever interpretation is fashionable these days.)

Seriously. Stop replying. You're not getting anywhere. I already contain your beliefs within my larger being of Love.
See was that so hard. I am a big boy, I can take it

Now if you can use scripture and facts to support your judgment then you might have some credence. Right now it just your lost belief

Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,526,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Judging means to form an opinion of. You formed an opinion that Carolina judges. Judging is not bad, it is a good thing as long as it is done rightly and not as a hypocrite.

The world says, you can't judge a book by its cover. Christianity says, YOU CAN judge a book by it's cover. "You will know them by their fruit"

well, thank you for this explanation, my earlier post was in answer to an implicated accusation, imho clearly overstepping the boundaries of an opinion.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
well, thank you for this explanation, my earlier post was in answer to an implicated accusation, imho clearly overstepping the boundaries of an opinion.
and you are entitled

Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,675,635 times
Quote:

No skin off my back. Your judgment is worthless because it is not rooted in God's holy word. You have no leg to stand on, no water to hold. You seem to have a history of telling people to not reply to your wayward posts, as if you want to have the last word. This is not about having the last word, but about exposing your deceptive new age beliefs that have been permeating through Christianity. If you find yourself being insulted, then simply leave the thread. You were not invited here and you are more than welcome to leave. I am not going to sit here and let you espouse your opinion (which that is all it is--personal opinion) freely without defending the Word against it. Your man-made spiritual enlightenment holds no light to God's absolute truth.

And as far as my formal education and analytical thinking skills, you don't even want to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity